• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs Jeanne (One More vote needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a stomp, if it is, let me know immediately.

Jeanne is in base and has access to her summons, Speed is Equalized, fight in Rodin's arena.

Samus Ara: 1

Jeanne: 7

Inconclusive: 2

Anyways, going on-topic, I feel like Samus' only advantage here is her Ice Beam (Who is near Absolute Zero?) but in terms of overall better hax I think Jeanne seems more apropiate, Time haxx who Samus doesnt have resistance plus very high AP advantage, most of the Varia Suit abilities are mostly the same from her basic one and Jeanne already has similar abilities to her and magic who Samus has experience about but I dont know to what certain degree, not to mention Jeanne's BFR and Summons who I think are her strongest.

TBH Bayo is quite literally the only character that gets any attention on this site.

Given Jeanne's AP advantage, wouldnt the invulnerability be moot? And how is time slow counterproductive?

No? It can null attacks from things stronger than Samus .

Because if time is slowed , the invulnerability won't wear off, and Samus can just 400,000km AOE ice beam .

Samus's invulnerability-

• Electro Armor: This ability surrounds Samus' entire Power Suit with a green electrical aura that empowers Samus' melee attack and makes Samus immune to damage. Every time Samus takes damage the Aeion fuel gauge decreases, however the Electro Armor will not drain Aeion fuel by staying active, only when Samus is hit by attacks.
So....Jeanne activates witch time and goes to town? :^)

@J-Man Her profile states that her invulnerability will run out if she takes enough damage. Jeanne can literally just keep attacking until it runs out and then take Samus out once it goes down

Edit: Ninjaed

So Jeanne literally just stands there waiting for the invulnerability to wear off. Samus will be slowed but Jeanne wont be, its just a matter of time.

WeeklyBattles said:
So Jeanne literally just stands there waiting for the invulnerability to wear off. Samus will be slowed but Jeanne wont be, its just a matter of time.
So Jeanne doesnt even need to evade Samus' attack to even slow her down?

Screw Attack: This upgrade allows Samus to turn her body into a buzz-saw of deadly energy while spin jumping. Not only does it deal enough damage to kill all non-boss enemies in one hit, but the Screw Attack also causes Samus to be immune to majority of all forms of enemy damage, expect certain powerful attacks by bosses.

• Shinespark: Once Samus initiates the Speed Booster, she can crouch and store the charge. This will allow her to launch herself into the air either horizontally, diagonally or vertically at supersonic speeds. She's basically speed boosting in mid-air. If she collides with a solid wall that the Speed Booster cannot break through, she will stop, but be undamaged. If Samus Shinesparks into a curved surface, she will start Speed Boosting again, and can chain Shinesparks and speed boosts that way. If Samus has the Spring Ball, she will be able to jump and Shinespark while in Morph Ball mode.
Bolded the faults, how does she activate any of these after witch time is in effect?

Jeanne can slow and stop time with a thought, and with time already slowed she wont be hitting Jeanne any time soon

WeeklyBattles said:
Given Jeanne's AP advantage, wouldnt the invulnerability be moot? And how is time slow counterproductive?
Why would invulnerbility be moot? Unless the AP is absolutely insane it's not going to be immediately make something that can tank dozens of hits worthless, especially since said hits are less then 3x stronger at tanking dozens of hits from other attacks just as strong as it.

@Gargoyle I know, what i meant is Jeanne can eventually take it down as the invulnerability can only take so much damage before it wears off

WeeklyBattles said:
@J-Man Her profile states that her invulnerability will run out if she takes enough damage. Jeanne can literally just keep attacking until it runs out and then take Samus out once it goes down
Edit: Ninjaed
Is that in character?

Game mechanics man, Samus and Joey have screw attack working on comparable characters .

And Samus doesn't need to hit Jeanne, stellar AOE. One attack is all she needs .

@J-Man How is she going to be able to use that when time is stopped and Jeanne potentially becomes intangible?

WeeklyBattles said:
@J-Man How is she going to be able to use that when time is stopped and Jeanne potentially becomes intangible?
Nitpick but AZ hits Intangibles.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Samus can hit intangibles? Time slow isn't time stopped . And if time is stopped electro armor litterally won't wear off ever.
Yes her AZ attack does hit Intangibles IIRC.

That said, I'm refusing to debate.

@J-Man Im aware, and youre treating Samus as though she's going to be using literally every attack and ability she has all at the same time, which she wont be. What is in character for her to lead with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back