• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Public Approved Hero Round 1: Nova vs. Samus Aran (7-0-0; Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nova is at least H6C in that era insert pain and suffering meme

Anyways, who leads in ap? And from what I am seeing, nova has the had advantage.

Seamus is 2.307 Tons while Nova is >6.5 tons (scales above sandman who scales above Spiderman making sandman baseline and nova scaling above baseline since he can hurt sandman while weakened)

So around a 3x AP gap for Nova

Could I know what either character does in character? Like what they open with or their combat style and what is ooc for them to use?

Based on the intelligence sections and descriptions of characters I'll list pros and cons

Advantages for Samus
Higher combat intelligence
Resistance to heat

Advantages for Nova
Mobility (flight, acrobatics
Absorption of energy attacks
His own resistance to heat
Sensory advantage with extrasensory perception
Range advantage with his beams

Things aren't looking good for Samus but maybe @AdemWarlock69 (guy who put Samus in) can give more insight on what Samus can do, otherwise I'm feeling like voting for Nova based on what each character has

Nova is most likely to start with energy attacks (with a mix of physicals) before using his other stuff

Seamus is 2.307 Tons while Nova is >6.5 tons (scales above sandman who scales above Spiderman making sandman baseline and nova scaling above baseline since he can hurt sandman while weakened)
...no, Nova is >8 tons, Sandman scales to Mettle

...no, Nova is >8 tons, Sandman scales to Mettle
Mb

Basing my knowledge of the games Samus usually goes for energy beams which lack the range to hit Nova who could abuse his flight to stay tens of meters away and spam beams.

Samus can only hurt him with physicals since all her energy based attacks are absorbed while her ice attacks can probably get dealt with by the heat from Nova's attacks. And with a 3.4x ap disadvantage and an opponent who has more mobility than you it seems too difficult to pull off.

I really can't see how Samus wins here

For now I'm voting Nova

Yeah I'm voting my boy Richard Rider, Samus is basically fighting uphill here and CAN win, but Nova hard counters nearly all of her stuff and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back