• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Both have pretty good poison abilities and Cobra has an attachment to a certain female lizard, so this is appropriate. Speed equalized.

Tbh I just wanna know how Corrosion interacts with eating poison.

Salazzle

Cobra (Erik)

758Salazzle
Dem Hips!

Cobra and Cubellios

Salazzle via being shmexy lizard ovo

I dont think we consider corrosion and poison the same thing, so i dont think Cobra's power would be to useful

I think that Salazzle's poison would affect Cobra, since it already affect other mons immune to it

That doesn't tell me much and you can't really say immune as that's an NLF. What poisons have the mons resisted and how impressive were the poison they resisted? And how good is this mon's poison? What feats does it have?

The real cal howard said:
Well, it can poison robots.

Thanks for the information Cal ouo. Well being able to poison intimate beings and objects is already more impressive than any poison Cobra has or is resistant to. So I guess Salazzle should be able to poison Cobra.

To be clear, Corrosion (ability) has nothing to do with potency. It's much likely due to microbial corrosio. Which explains the reason it is allowed to function on Steel types with no biological function.

Salazzle can poison Cobra but Cobra should still be able to eat it, if he manages to do that before getting hit.

Should be noted that Cobra can read Salazzle's thoughts, so him being able to avoid poison till she dies isn't really outlandish.

What's their APs?

Besides Salazzle infecting Non living beings, there is this pokedex entry

"Their poison is strong enough to eat through the hull of a tanker" from Dragalge's

Is this Corrosion ability our standard for Corrosion Inducement? Because Cobra should have a Resistance for it considering he has Corrosion Inducement. He started to corrode Natsu's cheek after a punch, so he generates the corrosive poison from his body.

It's not a great one, tho. The only reason to believe it's powerful is a statement with no good feats nor timeframe. So if Salazzle's Corrosion works on metal I think he could corrode Cobra to death if the latter gets hit which is unlikely considering his Mind Reading.

Salazzle's ability is literally "I can poison even those immune to poison", so yeah, if Cobra gets hit he gets poisoned, assuming he doesn't dodge/eat the attack.

Would he able to eat something that he cannot resist? It's like if someone who can burn people highly resistant to fire uses fire against Natsu and he tries to eat it. He should get stomach burns.

Salazzle can literally posion anything. Even shit like mangets, garbage, sludge, and diamond. Cobra isn't eating that.

Eating the element =\= Having a resistance.

Natsu couldn't resist Zancrow's fire but he could still eat it. When a Slayer eats an element, that element doesn't stay an element inside their stomach, it gets converted to magic. If you opened up Natsu's stomach, you wouldn't find a fireball. Cobra could eat the poison, and the act of eating it would be painful, but then he would turn it into magic power and get stronger.

No, because then that would mean Slayers have to wait until their elements are digested to get stronger and their stamina back which takes 6-8 hours and that timeframe doesn't match how it's been shown.

DragonEmperor23 said:
No, because then that would mean Slayers have to wait until their elements are digested to get stronger and their stamina back which takes 6-8 hours and that timeframe doesn't match how it's been shown.
That's not what I meant. Does he have to actually eat the posion itself? When is the poison turned into magic.

If it turns into magic in the throat or stomach, Cobra is absolutely dead. If it turns into magic after it enters his mouth, then he's going to be horribly disfigured.

I just want to point out that poison attacks are less than 1/5th of salazzle's skillset so even if by some chance Cobra is able to eat her poison attacks she has a lot more to work with

Okay so, to sum it up... Salazzle's AP > Cobra's AP x2 (and with Nasty Plot, she can boost to ~Cobra's AP x10), Salazzle's poison is far more potent, and Cobra will be screwed over before he has a chance to convert it into magic, and even if, by some miracle, he got rid of her poison, she still has fire, draconic energy, and so on, and even then, if he gets into close range, her pheromones means he'll be operating under her will.

And I just ran out of ways to count how many ways Cobra can't win here.

Back