• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakamoto's Tier

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. I remember that for Sakamoto's profile, his tier derived from the kinetic energy of his feat. At first it was Tier 8, but once the speed got revised he went down to 9-B.

However the kinetic energy of someone his weight (Around 140 lbs as an average 5'6 male) going at Mach 7 speeds would have a KE of Room level. Not accounting for the object he was holding while moving this fast.

So should Sakamoto get upgraded? Or should we not scale to KE like we have with other characters such as Quicksilver?

Idk, i remember sakamoto got hurt badly when he was tryng to save one of his friends and his friend hit is hand with a baseball bat, it seems his durability isn't wall level.

I personally do not know. We make an exception for Quicksilver simply because his blows are never treated as particularly damaging in-story, as far as I am aware.

Sakamoto has many wall level feats (breaking through walls, flying via using his arms, breaking things normal humans shouldn't be able to). Being hurt by the baseball is clearly pis. Anyways I support this upgrade.

Okay. I suppose that this seems reasonable then.

This is a remarkably old thread, but do you think we should have specific examples given on Sakamoto's page for his tiering? I'm all for the Coolest 9-B on the wiki staying where he is, I just think his page is a bit scant.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
This is a remarkably old thread, but do you think we should have specific examples given on Sakamoto's page for his tiering? I'm all for the Coolest 9-B on the wiki staying where he is, I just think his page is a bit scant.
I'll second that

You can suggest examples if you wish.

Well, since this is a brief thread to get up to date with, I suppose that we can make an exception this time and let it stay open.

What do you wish to change in his profile?

I feel like we should put the justifications for his tier (e.g. feats and calcs) on his page. I don't doubt that he is 9-B, but it seems odd that he's listed as such with no evidence provided as to why.

That seems reasonable, but somebody knowledgeable needs to do so.

Yes. The show is on my watchlist, so hopefully I can put myself as a knowledgeable member eventually.

Until then, i'll just keep an eye on this thread

Back