• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Toriko

Status
Not open for further replies.
a very tough match. both displayed similar level of feats..... no idea on that one. both great characters and that much is certain.

I know. I myself find it very hard to decide who might win. On Saitama, we are yet to see his full strenght, and Toriko's Gourmet Cells can aid him in adapting to the various situations he'd face.

So yeah... both are damn even.

If Toriko can land the Ultimate Routine on him, then I will go with him.

If not, then it's kind of a stalemate since we haven't seen Saitama fully serious yet.

None whatsoever unless Saitama is standing still and doing nothing.

And surprisingly enough, it wouldn't be completely out of character for him to do that.

Dbfan and critic said:
IMO Saitama
But then again I'm the ideot who thinks Saitama is FTL and planet level at full power
He probably is he just hasn't shown it yet nor has he needed to. This site doesn't go off of speculation however.

Toriko could also possibly pull off a win if he lands the Mugen Kugi.

Saitama is said to be capable of destroying half the universe in a single punch. Vs A guy whose barely Planet Level at best. Toriko's probably gonna be on par if a bit better than Midoria at series ends, versusa guy who casually leaps from the moon, causes a thunderous earthquake on it that would have probably destroyed entire countries if done on earth. We have no reason to deny the claims of ONE because Saitama is literally the strongest guy in his existence physically.

I go with Caped Baldy.

Davy0 said:
Saitama is said to be capable of destroying half the universe in a single punch. Vs A guy whose barely Planet Level at best.
I go with Caped Baldy.
Um, when and where did someone say Saitama has THAT much destructive power? Half the universe, really? I've read the entirety of hte original OPM webcomic as it currently stands, as well as the re-drawn manga, and I have NO recollection of it saying anywhere that Saitama is beyond-planet-level. In fact, it hasn't even been confirmed yet if Saitama's physical strikes are truly planet-busting level or not.

Meanwhile, Toriko isn't "barely" planet-level. He's finally just recently reached the same level as characters like the Eight Kings and Acacia's Three Disciples, and all of them were just recently confirmed as true planet-busters in the world they reside on. And the thing is, the Earth in Toriko is FAR larger and more massive than our own planet earth. It's a rocky planet somewhere between the size of Neptune and teh size of Jupiter. As far as planets the size of our own Earth go, the top-tier characters in Toriko are MULTI-planet-busters, and have something like dozens to hundreds of times the power necessary to destroy our own planet. And Toriko himself is approaching the top-tier in that series, so he should be at the very least capable of destroying our very own real-world planet Earth.

OK... and? Are we sure it didn't expand due to the earth cooking itself... Also Toriko hasn't shown that amount of power at all. Possibly with him smacking the Wolf King he could be considered Planet Level, but the 3 Acacia Disciples should be superior to the Eight Kings.

Midora said Toriko would have been able to actually hurt him if they fought. Since Midora is at the level of being able to destroy a planet MUCH larger than our own Earth, I'd say we can easily and accurately surmise that Toriko should be able to at the very least destroy an Earth-sized planet. Moon-level at BARE MINIMUM, probably.

And even if it expanded, I think the mass became much greater. Of course, that completely violates the laws of physics, but conservation-of-mass/energy is MASSIVELY violated on a regular basis in Toriko. Remember the Billion Bird being able to lay eggs forever and ever nonstop? Haha.

Being able to hurt him, versus being able to mortally wound him, are two different things. You're taking too much from words when we have no feats on it considering Toriko hasn't shown his true strength. It's like saying DB was Galaxy Busting before the battle with Beerus came about and bolstered the power of the verse. We need feats that click, and these words aren't clicking. If it is true, you have nothing to worry about. It' ll show. But even then, WoG states that Saitama is a Multi-Galaxy Buster (half the big bang's energy in a single shot), making him massively more powerful than Toriko with WoG.

@Davy: THat's an OUTRIGHT hyperbole claim and outlier. He hasn't done anything close to Planetary level aside Multi-Galaxy, Claiming Saitama is 3-B level is like claiming Broly can destroy galaxies in one shot, or janemba also one-shotted a universe. I hope you're joking here Davy cuz i'm really losing my respect for you.

I really don't care if you respect me or not, first off. Second. Can you tell me a time, in either iteration of One Punchman when Saitama reached his top. He's literally the strongest character in his universe, that's what ONE made him to be. He has no reason to lie, spout hyperbole, or screw with us. Saitama has done everything (and I do mean everything) EFFORTLESSLY in combat. That leap from the moon? He held back. That "Serious" Punch, was implied to be the smallest percent of "Serious" as stated by Boros himself.

His fight with Garou will be the same, giving him a chance to show what he had, if Garou didn't have his reactive evolutionary ability, he'd have been dead. That power gave him Regenerationn to be saved from Saitama's attacks AND HE STILL was beating him down effortlessly.

There is no force on earth that can beat Saitama, ONE is making that abundantly clear, there hasn't been anything that supports that he wasn't that strong. So as this manga/series/whatever stretches on. The enemies will become more dangerous until Saitama has to perform that punch. So I'm inclined to believe him.

Garou's Regenerationn isn't that great to begin with plus he's only a life wiper, not even planetary. The differences between a multi galaxy level and a non-planentary level is extremely huge. while saitama's serious punch is only multi-continent level.

Again, that wasn't his "serious" punch. Boros states that he wasn't being serious even with that, and was toying with him. Boros stated he wished for a fierce battle and he obliged him with a "stronger" punch. But it still wasn't a "serious" punch, not on par with what ONE states. And once again, he doesn't have any reason to lie or send hyperbole. Saitama is made to be the strongest character in the series. He either comes as the Jack/Ace to every single fight that he's in, so ONE placed weaker characters to move the story along but give it varying levels of plot showing more of the traits of Saitama that define him as a character as he moves on, as well as providing more incite into the One-Punchman Universe.

So we have a God Tier who is above any other character in this verse, no character has truly ever "tanked" a punch from Saitama with him going serious or even normal (Boros' Regenerationn and his armor made him capable of taking those attacks but not tanking them, and they still weren't serious as even he says himself). So again, I'm inclined to believe ONE who unlike other series, has created this character specifically to be that strong.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Davy0 said:
He's literally the strongest character in his universe, that's what ONE made him to be.
Well, to be fair, we don't know how powerful GOD is, but that's kinda cheating.
Once Toriko gets "GOD" we'll talk. However, unlike Toriko, Saitama is the strongest character in a universe that has no defined limitations. Toriko's limitations have been mostly stated, Possibly higher, but they probably won't be more than Star or Solar System Busting if you wish for me to be frank. That's usually how these things go. Toriko is basically a higher breed of mangas like Naruto and One Piece, so they will become vastly stronger of course. But they won't be universe busting or even destroy whole galaxies.

@Davy0

My comment had nothing to do with the match. I'm simply saying we're not 100% sure Saitama is the absolute most powerful character in his verse (because GOD exists), but since GOD has yet to show any set level of power and all we really know is that he casually powered Dragon-level threats and was also able to murder said threats without even being present, his upper limits are unknown.

Then again, we're not even sure what GOD is or if he's even "GOD" in the same sense Dr. Genus talked about. I'm merely bringing up the possibility of two god-tiers (Caped Baldy, GOD).

Then when that fight comes, and it's like his dream, prepare for DBS with better graphics and one-shotting galaxy punches.

What if Saitama is God. His fists are Gods in red gloves! Now that will truly be astonishing!

Oh and also, be glad I'm only using that in this. Because ONE actually said that Saitama could at his fullest potential, one shot an entire multiverse. GOD I WISH I COULD FIND THAT QUOTE! These bastards making me salivate.

Dammit Davy. Stop making me even more eagerly await the innevitable Saitama vs God fight that will likely take like...eight years to happen.

Probably. Saitama's gotta get his challenge by the end of this. But like I said. Until it is shown that someone superior to Saitama comes or I see that hyperbole which is so damn abundant these days, I skeptically trust in the One True Punch that can break reality. But truly believe in the punch that can destroy half the universe. Until then, I'm not treating this guy like Akira Toriyama or the Shonen Trinity.

I know the existence of God. But seriously, we don't even know how powerful he really is, Claiming he is multiverse buster or somewhat is kinda absurd. At least we should wait until further feats and informations are revealed. And can some freaking give me the scan for Saitama being able to bust half the universe in 1 punch PLS.

As I always say, I think logically and critically about crap. I find no reason to dismiss what has been said. And if the creator of One Punchman states it's true. Then it is until a reasonable doubt has been placed.

Davy0 said:
As I always say, I think logically and critically about crap. I find no reason to dismiss what has been said. And if the creator of One Punchman states it's true. Then it is until a reasonable doubt has been placed.
Scan or link to him saying this?

I ain't buying Multiversal Saitama until he shows something remotely close to that level.

Granted, he will certainly go beyond Planet level by an unknown amount in the very least...

How about you check the upper reaches of the conversation. @ Dbfan.

Multiple sources state that ONE stated that he could. I've been trying to find the main source, but those sources I've gone over didn't necessary have characters competing over one another either. Some of them did. When I find it, you'll be one of the first people I give it to, because humble pie is always delicious when the first batch goes to the naysayers. @ Dbfan

I get that Sheoth, that's why I said I'm skeptical on that claim, but can totally believe that the strongest character in that verse has the ability to punch with the force of a big bang. The enemies can only get stronger, and OPM is nowhere close to being finished. And again, everything that he has shown has been casual. And again, I stated that until within a reasonable doubt, shows itself. I'm sticking to WoG for any battles involving Saitama.

I wonder if it's a serious statement that Saitama is beyond tier 5 or not. Hmm. Wil lhave to dig deep(pause) into this.

If you can help me find the quote. Yeah that'd be appreciated. I've tried all the search functions I can to get to it. I wish someone would have posted a bloody link to it.

Also, Toriko isn't a Chef (I'm looking at you OP)

Really bruh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back