• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama vs Shadow Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...

Nothing stopping Mewtwo from tearing Saitama's mind to pieces.

They have similar speeds as of right now. Gotta give it to Mewtwo because of those psychic abilities.

Saitama's nothing but a really strong brawler, he doesn't have any special abilities that can help him in a fight like this.

Whereas Mewtwo has variety, such as ranged moves, telekinesis, can use mind control, etc.

Plus, I'm sure Mewtwo can just mitigate most of the damage from Saitama's punches with Reflect and Barrier, and he has Recover.

I don't see Saitama pulling through this one.

Actually nvm Saitama wins I thought mewtwo was moon level + while he's only moon level and is 3 times slower or so.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Actually nvm Saitama wins I thought mewtwo was moon level + while he's only moon level and is 3 times slower or so.
Trick Room, Reflect, Recover, Barrier, Recover, Psychic.

That's one dead Saitama.

Unclechairman said:
Talonmask said:
Trick Room
Mewtwo can only learn it via TM.
All the others mentioned are fine. You mentioned Recover twice, though.
I was listing move order.

That doesn't change the fact that he can learn it, regardless of trainer influence.

Wild Pokemon can't use TMs. Being owned by a Trainer is a prerequisite for learning TM moves.

Thus, unless otherwise noted, we tend to assume that Pokemon in VS battles are limited to the moves they learn naturally (via level up).

Unclechairman said:
Wild Pokemon can't use TMs. Being owned by a Trainer is a prerequisite for learning TM moves.
Thus, unless otherwise noted, we tend to assume that Pokemon in VS battles are limited to the moves they learn naturally (via level up).
Are we assuming it's wild? I'm not certain of this, but didn't the Shadow Mewtwo in Pokken have a trainer?

I haven't played Pokken, but from the gameplay footage I saw, it did have some sort of trainer or person giving it commands. That doesn't mean said trainer taught it Trick Room, though.

Unclechairman said:
I haven't played Pokken, but from the gameplay footage I saw, it did have some sort of trainer or person giving it commands. That doesn't mean said trainer taught it Trick Room, though.
But we cannot make the assumption that it didn't, either.

To be honest it shouldn't even matter in a debate like this, because then we are just putting limitations on one and not the other.

I'm not so sure about this. Saitama could, theoretically, punch through psychic forces. :\

I've yet to see any indication that mewtwo could damage Saitama as well. Nothing that we've seen hit him has done anything. At all.

do you remember that tasumaki psychic power couldnt do anything to saitama beacuse he strong will. And her psyhcic forces was strong in of to take a rondom meteor from space and she wasnt even serious.

the fact that mewtwo is Planet level and Saitama is multiconteinet should be enough to make it obvious-....

You know what I give up with the baldy.

TripleX6 said:
the fact that mewtwo is Planet level and Saitama is multiconteinet should be enough to make it obvious-....

You know what I give up with the baldy.
The baldy's not a fair fight for anyone because he's never been forced to try. Saitama punches something and it dies. Anything tries to hurt him, and it fails. That's just how he works. Barring Reality manipulation and haxory, he's functionally unbeatable by his current limitations we've seen.

a) Mewtwo is almost definitely a more powerful psychic than Tatsumaki and therefore we cannot assume that Saitama is immune to a psychic as strong as Mewtwo.

b) Tatsumaki has not shown the ability to manipulate people's minds. Mewtwo has.

c) Saitama has shown no resistance to mind manipulation, so there's nothing stopping Mewtwo from tearing his mind to shreds.

Just because Saitama hasn't been injured in canon doesn't mean he's invulnerable.

With the information we have as of now, Mewtwo wins.

Northern Wind00 said:
The baldy's not a fair fight for anyone because he's never been forced to try. Saitama punches something and it dies. Anything tries to hurt him, and it fails. That's just how he works. Barring Reality manipulation and haxory, he's functionally unbeatable by his current limitations we've seen.
Okay you're obviously a troll and/or a wanker or just really oblivious. Saitama is not functionally unbeatable.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Shadow Mewtwo is not planet lvl only moon lvl and 3 times slower than capped baldy so..
I didn't realize the speed difference was that large.

Saitama probably wins with that, then.

Promestein said:
Okay you're obviously a troll and/or a wanker or just really oblivious. Saitama is not functionally unbeatable.
I'm not a troll, I'm just pointing out we've never seen Saitama have to try, at all. That's a big deal, because it means his capabilities cannot accurately be measured by the feats we've seen. Any of them.

Northern Wind00 said:
I'm not a troll, I'm just pointing out we've never seen Saitama have to try, at all. That's a big deal, because it means his capabilities cannot accurately be measured by the feats we've seen. Any of them.
It doesn't mean that we have to assume Saitama or that he is limitless or undefeatable, though. Not showing limits does not equal not having them. Until he shows his true power, he will be judged by his feats. We can't assume anything with the knowledge we've been given.

Promestein said:
It doesn't mean that we have to assume Saitama or that he is limitless or undefeatable, though. Not showing limits does not equal not having them. Until he shows his true power, he will be judged by his feats. We can't assume anything with the knowledge we've been given.
Which is why I'm thinking that having Saitama fight right now is probably a bad idea, seeing as we know basically nothing about his ACTUAL limitations, and chalking losses up to him as a result is kinda disingenuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back