• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama VS Link

Saitama should win by pure stats advantage as he's at least planet and sub-relativistic+ with some useful techniques.

Yeah Saitama could win if it was bloodlusted but in character he just sort of stands there while Link fires an almighty Light Arrow or takes a giant swing, crippling Saitama greatly, and then the player just has to press B again and Saitama gets cut in half.

Don't sharp blades ignore durability to a certain low degree since they're just more efficient (i.e. there's less energy output required to cut a watermelon clean in half than to punch it to pieces)? Not saying that this would necessarily net Link a win I'm just interested to know whether or not this is considered true for future discussing.

OOT link would undoubtibly lose. he has no tools to match saitama's speed, His sword woudldn't get past saitama's defences. and while a light arrow may be strong. saitama has dodged a voley of hundreds of space ship cannon artillery shells while in the air (which he apparently can't fly) even knocking one back into the ship.

something important to remember is that link is able to defeat gannon only becuase his wepons are holy, or blessed by the gods. which are the only things that can truly "kill" gannon. this does not mean the weapon's them selves are within the range to harm saitama to any real extent.

With OOT link here nothing he has can compare to saitama's feats.

Saitama wins

It really is. hyper sonic for link (which honestly doesn't seem correct but I'll go wit it) vs Sub-relavistic+ for saitama.

Attack potency for Link is Small town level, or up to planet level with arrows that are much slower than feats saitama has. (MUUUUUUUUUCH slower)

As well, Link while surviving a lot still takes damage from the most basic of attacks no matter how strong he is. Combined with saitama's speed. he wins. As it stands now. speed wins.

The Master Sword or Big Goron sword can't cut Saitama (even if it wouldn't break do to the strong magic within it), not when wielded by OOT Link anyway. His Light Arrows may be possible 5-B, but his actual brute physical strength (gauntlets or not) has no feats even remotely close to what is needed to cut Saitama with any non-durability-bypassing weapon. The Master Sword is not durability-bypassing, at least not against stuff with planetary durability.

Also Saitama can blitz very easily here. Sure he often chooses to tank attacks, but he's also not totally stupid and very often does bother to dodge. . . .if a light arrow were coming at him, it'd be so slow from his point of view that it would be like the arrow taking many seconds or minutes to reach a normal person (in terms of how much they could react). He wouldn't just let it hit him when it clearly has an aura of some kind of crazy-ass unknown magic and it seemed to be the opponent's trump-card. . .he'd catch it by the shaft. So even if Link did manage to fire off a Light Arrow, Saitama would still just catch it and then blitz.

Also, aren't the Light Arrows really only planetary-level against EVIL beings who themselves are planetary-level? You know, ones like Ganondorf/Ganon? Saitama doesn't fit the bill for the kind of thing the Light Arrows do extra-special damage to. So IMO, Link has nothing that can put Saitama down, regardless of speed.

So yeah, Saitama takes this. Easily.

I'm gonna clear some arguments. Link would be able to easily hurt or kill Saitama if given the chance. The idea that Link can't have planet level stoking strength is absurd downplay. He's still need the striking strength to break through that durability. And in case you guys have forgotten, this Link canonically gets the master sword knocked out of him, and has to rely on his hammer and Biggoron sword to stun Ganon, the stronger form. With all of Link's haxes and range to go along with it, the ONLY reason baldy wins is because of the almighty blitz. Give Link his respect.

I'd like to point out that Saitama doesn't blitz in character. And Cal, Saitama also wins via techniques such as Serious Consecutive Side Hops and Serious Table Flip.

Side Hops would be countered by the eye of truth, and would still rely on superior speed. Table Flip by the hover boots.

Afterimages aren't illusions and Saitma also holds range with shockwaves. The hover boots don't seem to be on his profile.

Cropfist said:
I wouldn't say it's a stomp. Link still holds several relevant advantages.
Against someone this much faster he really doesn't and even if he didn't he has to rely exclusively on his arrows to have a chance,once Saitama sees Link can actually hurt him Link stands no chance.

Arrows that can go past the horizon>shockwaves

Anyway. Rad's right. Saitama stomps this Link with speed unequalized, regardless of what I'm saying right now.

Not necessarily a stomp, but a win for Saitama in my opinion. Ironically, OOT Link is one of the weaker ones, when all is said and done, possessing no scaling to the full Triforce and rather tame hax in comparison. The main thing that might give Saitama some serious trouble is Nayru's Love, but I think he'll probably survive that given it A: doesn't last for months on end because of ludicrous item combos, and B: he's, well, faster. So yeah... some Links may beat Saitama, this one, not so much (or at least, not very often).

Just my take on it though.

also, perpetual's stated the following regarding this not being a stomp:

Link's got all sorts of hax and such, and the battle doesn't start and melee range (all Saitama has really).
Plus Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind to set up safepoints/trick Saitama up

And it's not like Link hasn't fought opponents faster than him before and come out on top, I just think the speed difference might just be a bit much in this case.

Also Saitama having no fighting skill is a lie. I looked at literally one fight scene and he's doing breakdancing and backflips and combos and shit.

Yea after putting some thought into it, this really is just saitama wins.

He may take the first few blows as he leaves him self open but granted any of link's hits damage him (because its not like he's going to one shot saitama) he can easil ramp it up and out speed for the win.

Link's defences are strong, but he can still take damage from basic attacks. his magic defences as well are not infinite and neither of these fighters ever show any real fatiuge. so he'll out last magic defences. and link's speed prevents him from using the hyrulian shield as his more perminant option.

ThePerpetual said:
Not necessarily a stomp, but a win for Saitama in my opinion. Ironically, OOT Link is one of the weaker ones, when all is said and done, possessing no scaling to the full Triforce and rather tame hax in comparison. The main thing that might give Saitama some serious trouble is Nayru's Love, but I think he'll probably survive that given it A: doesn't last for months on end because of ludicrous item combos, and B: he's, well, faster. So yeah... some Links may beat Saitama, this one, not so much (or at least, not very often).
Well Saitama usually let his foes throw a lot of hits at him because he doesn't really care. So he'll do the same thing with Link, and Link's Ice arrow may do some damage since usually, frozen foes would shatter if they were attacked while obviously frozen.

KillitwithC4 said:
ThePerpetual said:
Well Saitama usually let his foes throw a lot of hits at him because he doesn't really care. So he'll do the same thing with Link, and Link's Ice arrow may do some damage since usually, frozen foes would shatter if they were attacked while obviously frozen.
Freezing someone doesn't work on everyone, in fact I'm prtty sure they don't work on almost any bosses link faces...

Link isn't as strong as the end of game version of himself when he fought those bosses. Saitama hasn't really shown to have resistance against extreme temperatures, so I can see the ice arrow work to some extent.

Actually yes, yes he has. saitama stood calmly on the moon for about 10 seconds with no problem what so ever. he would be experiencing extreme heat/cold while standing there. Not to mention the lack of athmosperic preassure having an intense time on his body.

but even then, he could easily break out of ice via his feats. He destroys mountians with the shock waves from his punches alone. I don't think ice would be a problem for him.

Now you are right about one thing. he would likly let link him him a few times because that's his character. but what makes you think he could one shot saitama? his attack potency is at "planet level 'at best but his feat for that involves tons and tons of hits on gannon not a one shot kill. so any one shot idea to saitama is out the window.

Meaning that at any given chance he actually injures saitama. Or annoy's him. he quickly gets serous (which he does quickly) and wins it out via the massive speed advantage he has.

And as I previously said. Link has magic based defence but that is not an infinite resource, and the hyrulian shield could make link "win" but the difference in speed makes that tool useless.

Oh also forgot to mention, huge fire based explosion caused by genos to kill moquito swarm. saitama took that with out caring or any thing close to injury. that is a heat resistance feat.

^ Ice Arrows in the Zelda =/= real-life ice, since they would even work in heated places such as Death Mountain and its insides iirc.

Also, while Link's AP might not one-shot Saitama, it's high enough that it's not unreasonable to think that it would deal heavy damage to him, which would even out the playing field in Link's favour significantly.

No they don't but thats only becuase its a magic arrow instnatly forming ice. there's nothing saying the ice is actually stronger than normal ice. just that it quickly gennerates from the magic in the arrow.

Now with that said, that's even if he lets it hit him. Saitama usually sits and lets his opponents attack but he has a few weird things that he always will infact dodge/block. swords being one example of this. these arrow's possibly another. as he seems to hav a thing for it when it comes to bladed or sharp weaponry like that. certianlly has the reaction time to catch an arrow out of the air.

Typhlosion130 said:
No they don't but thats only becuase its a magic arrow instnatly forming ice. there's nothing saying the ice is actually stronger than normal ice. just that it quickly gennerates from the magic in the arrow.

Now with that said, that's even if he lets it hit him. Saitama usually sits and lets his opponents attack but he has a few weird things that he always will infact dodge/block. swords being one example of this. these arrow's possibly another. as he seems to hav a thing for it when it comes to bladed or sharp weaponry like that. certianlly has the reaction time to catch an arrow out of the air.
Right he leaned out of the way of the lion claws and danced around those attackes in episode two even though that enemy is one of the weakest in the series, same with how he avoided sonics sword attacks and got out of the way of genos fire attacks during their 'spar'. It probably has more to do with avoiding unnecessary damage to his costume than anything.

Back