• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama Upgrade (Post-Training): More Powers And Abilities

Saitama is a bit of a smurf right now, so I'm going to change that by adding more powers and abilities that he has shown in the anime, manga and webcomic. Here are his remaining powers and abilities that need to be added:

Sense manipulation (used Serious Table Flip to make Awakened Garou's senses go in reverse)

Earth manipulation (used Serious Table Flip to rip the earth up in the air. Can dig underground to catch the mole (I forgot his name. Does he even have a name?!?) and can easily flow inside the earth and swim in it. Right before all of this, he even effortlessly went out of the earth when he was trapped in it like the earth was essentially water. Threw a shard of rubble with so much power that it cut Geryuganshoop's head in half and killed him)

Resistance to gravity manipulation (not to be confused with resistance to telekinesis) (resisted Geryuganshoop's black hole with no damage or speed reduction)

Resistance to cutting attacks (got sliced by Nyan's strongest slicing attack and took no damage from it. If Pig God has this ability, then Saitama should definitely have it too)

Resistance to pressure points (Got hit by Base Garou's and Awakened Garou's pressure points attacks and was unaffected by it).

Let me know if there is any that I have missed that is not on his page yet and also let me know if you want sources to these abilities. Thank you very much for reading.

No for earth manipulation since he's just ripping out chunks of earth and absolutely destroying it through sheer strength. Also resistance to cutting attacks is for his durability

I think Saitama already has gravity resistance

The rest are fine

Er... Most of these can't be applied as abilities.

Resistance to Pressure Points and cutting attacks just come from insane durability compare to those characters Attack Power.

Geryuganshoop was killed before using anything black hole related.

There might be something in Earth Manipulation and Sense Manipulation but I'd like to see how Saitama's manga fight with Garou turns out for Sense Manipulation.

If Saitama can confuse Manga Garou's senses, I fully support this power.

Earth Manipulation could also apply with how he dug through the ground so easily after Mole dragon.

Well, Saitama has ice, fire and telekinesis resistance because of people attacking him that are way weaker than him, so I don't see that as a strong argument quite frankly.

Ecstasy Amphetamine said:
No for earth manipulation since he's just ripping out chunks of earth and absolutely destroying it through sheer strength. Also resistance to cutting attacks is for his durability
I think Saitama already has gravity resistance

The rest are fine
That's not all, he can dig underground and move in it like it's a swimming pool, you don't have to be able to fire earth elements to have earth manipulation. Prehaps limited earth manipulation is a more ideal power to give him?

Those resistances are iffy, tbh.

Not to mention that if the said TK Resistance comes from his willpower, then it's most likely the weakness of the TK rather than his resistance.

Outside of Sense Manipulation which should be judged when the fight happens in the manga, the rest are big nos as they don't belong to abilities and/or are tied to some stat.

ElixirBlue said:
Er... Most of these can't be applied as abilities.
Resistance to Pressure Points and cutting attacks just come from insane durability compare to those characters Attack Power.

Geryuganshoop was killed before using anything black hole related.

There might be something in Earth Manipulation and Sense Manipulation but I'd like to see how Saitama's manga fight with Garou turns out for Sense Manipulation.

If Saitama can confuse Manga Garou's senses, I fully support this power.
1. Read my comment above.

2. Geryuganshoop used his black hole ability on Saitama, but Saitama resisted it.

3. Good answer!

4. Same as what I said for number three.

We haven't made anime profiles for One Punch Man characters. I know which feat you are talking about with Geryuganshoop, but that didn't happen in the manga.

Oh wow, so it didn't... So upgrades for characters also happen in the anime, that's cool! This shouldn't be excused though, because he did do it in the anime and the anime is canon of course.

ElixirBlue said:
"a point on the surface of the body sensitive to pressure."

Sensitive to pressure just means it's a weak spot. Saitama's pressure points are still weak spots for any comparable opponent, but Garou is just too far below him.

> Sense manipulation (used Serious Table Flip to make Awakened Garou's senses go in reverse)

Saitama didn't manipulate Garou's senses. Garou just got confused by how quickly he was flipped.

Damage3245 said:
> Sense manipulation (used Serious Table Flip to make Awakened Garou's senses go in reverse) Saitama didn't manipulate Garou's senses. Garou just got confused by how quickly he was flipped.
No, Garou directly said that he couldn't see the ground but in actuality, his senses were confused, and it's supported where Saitama appears upside-down and when Garou crashes into the Earth, Garou initially thought that the ground was in the sky.

Yes, but that's not Saitama manipulating his senses. That's just Garou being confused because he didn't realize he was flipped.

Saitama deliberately confused Garou's sense because Saitama couldn't casually hit Garou anymore since Garou was predicting his movements.

B7F1CEA6-529F-4829-A88A-408AAA150623

That's not sense manipulation though. Trying to say that what Saitama did is sense manipulation is like trying to give someone Pain Manipulation because they punched someone and the other person said "Ow".

Yeah, Damage is wrong. Damage is thinking of Bleach characters' sense manipulation. It's like saying that Machamp from Pokémon shouldn't have status effect inducement because he needs to use Dynamic Punch to punch someone really hard in order to do it.

Damage3245 said:
Yes, but that's not Saitama manipulating his senses. That's just Garou being confused because he didn't realize he was flipped.
Yeah, that's not Aizen from Bleach using illusions, it's just that the other Bleach characters didn't realise that they were actually hiting their allies.

I fail to understand what's happening on the page, but we already said that we should wait for the manga version for it.

Yeah, I'm not arguing for anything to be added right now.

I'm a little concerned that a physical technique can't be considered "Sense Manipulation". But I'm dropping it for now.

I don't think so, actually. It's a trick used to fool Garou from what I see.

We would need to add Illusion Creation/Sense Manipulation to every character who has done a similar thing to anyone in their verses, and that's a terrible ground for it.

I'm aware of the tricky slope but Saitama tricked Garou's brain when it came to sensing Gravity intentionally. Garou, the webcomic Genius Martial Artist who's Manga counter-part will make that feat even more impressive simply being his manga version.

You can't say that's not notable.

I guess we should wait for Saitama vs Garou in the manga, which might take a year or even longer, unfortunately...

I'm fine with waiting, but I'm still confident that it won't be applicable as sense manipulation.

PlozAlcachaz said:
A pressure point should literally hurt regardless of the Attack Potency since it's literally the pinching of the nerves and a way to bypass methods of a stronger opponent. That's literally why the concept exists so I see nothing wrong with adding it for Saitama.
Yes, I know what pressure points are. If a fly bumped into one of your pressure points, you would hardly feel a thing. It in no way allows for complete durability negation since the opponent would still need to be able to apply sufficient pressure.

Back