• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

omg can we just get rid of this stupid (Caped Baldy) in the name?

its totally irrelevant + nobody likes it + Saitama itself don't like it + It's not needed to stay in the profile I don't know who had that idea

Lets just

REMOVE IT

One of the staff members (don’t remember which one) wanted to add it so the OPM profiles had the consistent formatting of “Real Name (Hero Name)”
yeah but there is no reason to keep that formatting, it started with the MHA profiles iirc, these ugly formatting don't need to appear in OPM profiles, it even could be useful to some specific characters in OPM, but Saitama doesnt like to be called as Caped Baldy and everyone that is close to him call him as Saitama instead of that weird title

I believe it was because some people seemed conflicted if we should list real names or Hero names, and it was agreed to have Hero names alongside their real names. But I kind of agree Saitama should be the exception as he is best known as simply Saitama.

I believe it was because some people seemed conflicted if we should list real names or Hero names, and it was agreed to have Hero names alongside their real names. But I kind of agree Saitama should be the exception as he is best known as simply Saitama.
ye, as I said here
it even could be useful to some specific characters in OPM, but Saitama doesnt like to be called as Caped Baldy and everyone that is close to him call him as Saitama instead of that weird title

All the other heroes in-universe refer to him as Caped Baldy, as that is his official hero name — much like everyone refers to Genos as "Demon Cyborg", or Bang as "Silver Fang", or Isamu as "Child Emperor", or Tatsumaki and Fubuki as "Tornado of Terror" and "Hellish Blizzard" — and not a lot of people even know his real name.

All the other heroes in-universe refer to him as Caped Baldy, as that is his official hero name — much like everyone refers to Genos as "Demon Cyborg", or Bang as "Silver Fang", or Isamu as "Child Emperor", or Tatsumaki and Fubuki as "Tornado of Terror" and "Hellish Blizzard" — and not a lot of people even know his real name.
It is definitely not "all the other heroes", he's called Saitama by everyone even slightly close to him, and often not as his hero name by random people (since they don't know him).

It is used occasionally, which earns it a place in his list of names, but I don't think it warrants being part of his page name.

Even some of the S Class heroes in the Hero Association, mostly those friends with Saitama and are aware of his true power, agree that "Caped Baldy" is a stupidly generic name for him. Plus that's the only insult that angers him is when people mock him for being prematurely bald; and could care less if people downplay his strength. Not only that, it's universally agreed that "One Punch Man" is what should have been his Superhero name. Saitama (One Punch Man) would absolutely been a fitting page name not just because of that but noting what verse he's from would double that.

Nobody actually calls Saitama as One Punch Man though, even if he is the titular character. So I'm iffy with adding that to even is Name or Classification in the profile, much more for his page name. Although stating that he is the titular One Punch Man in his profile summary is probably okay.

Even some of the S Class heroes in the Hero Association, mostly those friends with Saitama and are aware of his true power, agree that "Caped Baldy" is a stupidly generic name for him. Plus that's the only insult that angers him is when people mock him for being prematurely bald; and could care less if people downplay his strength. Not only that, it's universally agreed that "One Punch Man" is what should have been his Superhero name. Saitama (One Punch Man) would absolutely been a fitting page name not just because of that but noting what verse he's from would double that.
well, he is not called as that currently

but he will, soon or later, I can feel it

Given OPM is an Iconic verse, I kind of what to hear Bureaucrat opinions before making the change. I know Antvasima is on vacation sort of, and Ryukama retired. But I could ping @AKM sama

its totally irrelevant + nobody likes it + Saitama itself don't like it + It's not needed to stay in the profile I don't know who had that idea

Lets just

REMOVE IT

Its totally relevant + I like it + Saitama probably doesn’t give a shit + It’s needed and whoever came up with the idea is based period.

let’s just

KEEP IT

If everyone else keeps their hero names then so should Saitama
thanos-perfectly-balanced.gif

not to mention, it would also be cool if someone add the ''Ghost Town Horror'' to Saitama's nickname

not to mention, it would also be cool if someone add the ''Ghost Town Horror'' to Saitama's nickname
For someone who complains about his hero name, Saitama has a ridiculous amount of good nicknames. One-Punch Man, A Hero Nobody Knows, The Greatest Uncrowned Hero, The Name of Absolute Fear, The Embodiment of Unfairness, The Personification of Justice, The Ultimate Master, The Abominable Fist That Turned Against "God", etc.

is this just gonna be a voting thing? since it's really just a matter of who finds it funny enough to keep or not
not exactly the most easy to debate topic here....

Oh, right, I forgot we can move pages.
You have more power than you understand (Pack it up everyone, we found the wiki's protag)

Anyways, if we change the name on Saitama's profile than we're gonna have to change the naming scheme of everyone else in his verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back