• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitama CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I wouldn’t mind making Saitama, Genos, Tatsumaki and Fubuki’s profiles just having real names with their hero names redirecting to it while Child Emperor, Metal Bat, Atomic Samurai and Metal Knight are all just their hero names with their real names being redirects.

Tbh I wouldn’t mind making Saitama, Genos, Tatsumaki and Fubuki’s profiles just having real names with their hero names redirecting to it while Child Emperor, Metal Bat, Atomic Samurai and Metal Knight are all just their hero names with their real names being redirects.
I mean, that's what it was originally, right?

One of the staff members (don’t remember which one) wanted to add it so the OPM profiles had the consistent formatting of “Real Name (Hero Name)”
I mean I get it but

If you search them using their hero name they'll show up near the top of the search results regardless if their profile is formatted right and fully filled out

AKM seems not too active, but Antvasima seems back from his vacation. I can ping him and give him simplified explanations.

@Antvasima If you're busy I understand especially after you got back from your vacation. But most of the community wishes to change Saitama (Caped Baldy) back to simply Saitama given that no one uses "Caped Baldy" unlike basically every other Hero in the Association. And most other staff wouldn't mind him and possibly a few other Heroes.

As for my thoughts, I feel as if Saitama and maybe Genos are the only ones who stick to just having their names; though I'm more neutral in the latter's case because other S-Class heroes do call Genos by his Hero name and it is legit a good one (Demon Cyborg). But Terrible Tornado and Hellish Blizzard are both names even they refer to each other as. I'd prefer to keep those. And it's especially people with really short first names such as Bad who should keep Metal Bat given the search engine doesn't often detect pages with only 3 characters.

I am fine with if we rename the page, after which I use the automatic double-redirect fixer (although it only seems to update with new entries once a day), yes.

I don't really see the issue with it. If it is a notability thing, sure, change it for Saitama, but I don't think other pages need to be altered.

I don't see the issue at all, you type saitama and the name comes up so it being not as notable doesn't interfere with anything whatsoever
it's just that the OP thinks it's annoying for some reason, while other people think that it's not

I don't see the issue at all, you type saitama and the name comes up so it being not as notable doesn't interfere with anything whatsoever
it's just that the OP thinks it's annoying for some reason, while other people think that it's not
It's generally bad practice to put a name that's rarely used as the title of a page, is all.
The most popular and common canon name should really take precedent, otherwise we'd have pages with twenty different names in the title.

well that's not really a slippery slope that applies here because
caped baldy is funny, so people will want to keep it, and technically speaking it's consistent with the verse

well that's not really a slippery slope that applies here because
caped baldy is funny, so people will want to keep it, and technically speaking it's consistent with the verse
I really don't think it being funny is a good reason.

Thanks.

Having that name as a profile title was nearly as stupid as "Katsuki Bakugo (Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight)".

Thanks.

Having that name as a profile title was nearly as stupid as "Katsuki Bakugo (Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight)".
No problem.
I don't see the change on my end
See here:

Last edited:
No problem.

See here:

extremely unfortunate crt moment
I no longer will be supporting planet earth I'm moving to mars

In my opinionationings, the pages should be named according to the most well known or familiar name.
For example, when you think of genos, you call him genos, not demon cyborg. There's literally no one who calls him demon cyborg. Same with saitama, nobody calls him anything other than saitama unironically.
However take metal bat. No one on this earth calls his ass "bad". In fact, I only discovered his name was bad yesterday when I searched him on the wiki. I literally thought his sister was insulting him when she was calling him "brother bad/ bad onichan".

In my opinionationings, the pages should be named according to the most well known or familiar name.
For example, when you think of genos, you call him genos, not demon cyborg. There's literally no one who calls him demon cyborg. Same with saitama, nobody calls him anything other than saitama unironically.
However take metal bat. No one on this earth calls his ass "bad". In fact, I only discovered his name was bad yesterday when I searched him on the wiki. I literally thought his sister was insulting him when she was calling him "brother bad/ bad onichan".
Some heroes do call genos as Demon Cyborg tho

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back