• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

No, they are not traveling the multiverse, it only mentions Uranus making this and literally everything these gods do only affects the world where the story takes place and no other world. Even Pontos only mentions how the universe belongs to these gods, it never mentions other universes in that scene.
Shura does say Brontes has the same nature as him in reference to someone who travels the multiverse iirc. Could be wrong though.

What're chances of Next Dimension getting an Anime
There are rumors that Toei Animation has a new anime planned, so some fans believe it could be Next Dimension, but at the moment nothing is confirmed. Although well, it is the official sequel to Saint Seiya, so it is quite likely that we will see an animated project of this, and for the love of god let it be so and don't let Toei work again with another spin-off. If Darkwing, Rerise or any other spin-off is animated someday, let another studio do it, I don't want to see them trash another spin-off like they did with Sho.

No, Aiolos created the portal by sacrificing Athena and then we see how he travels to another world through this portal, where he appeared in the Aegean Sea (Black Sea). Even the portal is created from the dark wings that appeared behind Aiolos after killing Athena.
I'm pretty sure it's Pontos who crossed through. You do realize that the ability to keep worlds connected is a Dunamis power correct?

Shura does say Brontes has the same nature as him in reference to someone who travels the multiverse iirc. Could be wrong though.
I don't remember that scene well, so I'll have to check it out, although I even think Brontes mentions that he had heard of a wandering Saint (Shura) that traveled through other worlds. But well, Brontes has the power to manipulate dimensions, and being a god created by the power of Uranus it is very possible that he has that power, after all Uranus has that power, since Shura mentions in the special chapter that it was Uranus who trapped the Saints in another dimension/worlds and so now he is the one in charge of freeing them.

I'm pretty sure it's Pontos who crossed through. You do realize that the ability to keep worlds connected is a Dunamis power correct?
A very specific ability that relates to the power of Chronos (that's why it is mentioned that they borrowed his power) in this story, and Shura had to kill Athena under the instructions of Hades (Shun) and in the story itself is described as ritual, as well as the Crystal Vortex, which are the moves that connect to other dimensions/worlds. And all the characters just moved between worlds using those portals.

Last edited:
I know some people like to conflate existence with AP, but after the canon split I’m just not seeing how it’s possible to interpret G as having more than 1 of each deity. especially given the information about how time flow is different between dimensions.

and this btw would not scale gods to the multiverse in and of itself… just to be clear, I don’t want my words twisted.

A very specific ability that relates to the power of Chronos in this story, and Shura had to kill Athena under the instructions of Hades (Shun) and in the story itself is described as ritual, as well as the Crystal Vortex, which are the moves that connect to other dimensions/worlds. And all the characters just moved between worlds using those portals.
I’m gonna wait for you to edit this or attach scans because i don’t remember Hades telling Shura to kill Athena.

A very specific ability that relates to the power of Chronos in this story, and Shura had to kill Athena under the instructions of Hades (Shun) and in the story itself is described as ritual, as well as the Crystal Vortex, which are the moves that connect to other dimensions/worlds. And all the characters just moved between worlds using those portals.
Bro go read the manga at this point Aiolos literally says that's the power of a god not Cronos exclusively.
Anyways
I'm glad ND is finally ending. Hopefully Kurumada wraps it up nicely. And gives us some nice feats on top of that

... He says he acquired the power through relentless study and it's in the domain of the gods... like...
It is mentioned in this story that the power that sent the Saints to this time was related to that of Chronos, we do not know how he did it, but Aiolos acquired a power similar to that of Chronos, something that other gods do not have, that is why it is said that Athena borrowed the power of Chronos to get the Saints to travel to other worlds.
I’m gonna wait for you to edit this or attach scans because i don’t remember Hades telling Shura to kill Athena.
Well it was Hades holding Athena, although Hades doesn't mention anything in that scene, but the fact that he was the one holding Athena in front of Aiolos might indicate something, after all he was helping Aiolos with his plan.
Aiolos has his own dunamis that is unrelated to that of other gods.
Yes, I know, but I am explaining how this power is not related to other gods, since it is a power acquired by Aiolos.

Aiolos has his own dunamis that is unrelated to that of other gods.
Not to mention, Pontos was literally with Aiolos that entire time so the original point remains. Pontos knows the multiverse and Steropes has spent some time with him, so he should know about the size of the cosmology. His statement is valid.

Not to mention, Pontos was literally with Aiolos that entire time so the original point remains. Pontos knows the multiverse and Steropes has spent some time with him, so he should know about the size of the cosmology. His statement is valid.
It is never mentioned that Pontos was with Aiolos, in fact there is nothing to link them beyond that scene with the black sea, which could be a reference to Pontos or simply to the Aegean Sea (Black Sea), even Requiem did not mention anything about it until now, anyway this only happened because of the portal that Aiolos created.

t is mentioned in this story that the power that sent the Saints to this time was related to that of Chronos, we do not know how he did it, but Aiolos acquired a power similar to that of Chronos, something that other gods do not have, that is why it is said that Athena borrowed the power of Chronos to get the Saints to travel to other worlds.
I think you have a very weird understanding of the story.

using lots of disjoint conversations about loosely connected things.

Aiolos explains in depth as to how he’s able to do what he does, and Shion explains in-depth as to how sanctuary accomplished the feat of summoning saints.

the only mention of Cronus in the story post-G is in relation to Shura and Shura alone. Shura didn’t even know the other saints traversed Tartarus when summoned as Milo explained and were shown Camus doing.

Shura is also the only known revived Saint to be effected by the world trying to erase/kill him, no other saint had that happened to them likely because they were summoned by the crystal vortex. Unlike Shura.

It is never mentioned that Pontos was with Aiolos, in fact there is nothing to link them beyond that scene with the black sea, which could be a reference to Pontos or simply to the Aegean Sea (Black Sea), even Requiem did not mention anything about it until now, anyway this only happened because of the portal that Aiolos created.
Bro. You have very poor reading comprehension. In the last chapter of GA you see an ocean behind Aiolos. Like, do you think that's a random sea? Lmfao

The power of one god, borrowing the power of another god, as mentioned in the story this power is related to the power of Cronus.
Where is the statement that he is borrowing power from Cronus? because that means Cronus has 2-A range and he can freely chose what world to drop you in.

Also something to add, Hades is the one who ended up with Cronuses power, not pontos, not Athena, not Aiolos, not Hyoga (who’s the character who brings him up in GA).

so we’d have to do like 5 leaps in logic to get this to work, We’d need G Hades to grant LW Aiolos powers of Cronus. Powers mind you that are strictly limited to being used in Tartarus and the UW, so Aiolos couldn’t use them on earth.

the only mention of Cronus in the story post-G is in relation to Shura and Shura alone. Shura didn’t even know the other saints traversed Tartarus when summoned as Milo explained and were shown Camus doing.

Shura is also the only known revived Saint to be effected by the world trying to erase/kill him, no other saint had that happened to them likely because they were summoned by the crystal vortex. Unlike Shura.
Hyoga is the one who mentions it and not precisely related only to Shura's case, but to the fact that they are traveling across worlds and time, something he describes as the power of Chronos. Even in Requiem it is said that Athena borrowed the power of Chronos to save Shura.

I think I better explain it, because I think it is not being understood, I simply mentioned that Aiolos, in some unknown way, acquired a power similar to that of Chronos, we only know that he killed Athena and then created that portal. The problem in this is that they are trying to generalize this ability to everyone, which is not the case in this story, that's why I mentioned about Athena and how she needs to borrow the power of Cronos to get this ability.
Bro. You have very poor reading comprehension. In the last chapter of GA you see an ocean behind Aiolos. Like, do you think that's a random sea? Lmfao
Pontos is not mentioned at any point in that scene, it is simply mentioned as Aiolos still does not give up and wishes to continue with his plans.
Where is the statement that he is borrowing power from Cronus? because that means Cronus has 2-A range and he can freely chose what world to drop you in.
In range yes, not in destructive power, since he can move through the multiverse and send others to other dimensions and world, and not only him also Uranus would get this range as explained in the last chapters of Requiem.

In range yes, not in destructive power, since he can move through the multiverse and send others to other dimensions and world, and not only him also Uranus would get this rank as explained in the last chapters of Requiem.
shouldn't zeus also have this power to due his statements and thus being quiet similar in nature?

We’re only reiterating what’s stated in the story, Aiolos treats his ability as one that is that of the dunamis and the gods. Athena (being a human and subject to her hosts desires and abilities) isn’t stated to have or never shown to use any dunamis ability outside a brief possible mention of her having done so by Agres to absorb the karmic flames.

Athena is the exception to every norm in just about every media.

Zeus himself states he’s fought Seiya many times and is implied to have fought in many holy wars in many dimensions, so Zeus must have a way of travelling the multiverse well before Aiolos defeats him in LW. And no, Aiolos bringing Aiolia to GA does not contradict Zeus’ power as Zeus doesn’t gain control of Aiolia until much later and doesn’t awaken his dunamis until well after that.

It is heavily implied these powerful gods, if not all but Athena have this ability via dunamis.

if you want to argue not all gods have dunamis then you’re free to try and reason that, but the story makes it clear as does Aiolos that dunamis has the power to freely select and connect worlds to travel between.

The answer is no, since story never describes that, and Athena has never had limitations in her abilities.

The distortion in space and time was giving the characters memories of other dimensions, that's why he even gets the memories of the world of Aiolos, even though he was never there.

It is simply an ability granted to certain characters, which is why it is even noted in the story as the power of a specific god and not a general power of these.

The answer is no, since history never describes that, and Athena has never had limitations on her powers.

The distortion in space and time was giving the characters memories of other dimensions, that's why he even gets the memories of the world of Aiolos, even though he was never there.

It is simply an ability granted to certain characters, which is why it is even noted in the story as the power of a specific god and not a general power of these.
There was also a statement from Zeus where he basically says hes independent of universes.

The answer is no, since history never describes that, and Athena has never had limitations on her powers.

I never said Athena was limited, I said she was the exception to every norm.

you’ve even argued this in the past with her being a god who has 8th sense.

I highly doubt you’re gonna argue she’s also the only known deity to exclusively reincarnate as a human.

and I could go on.

you’re also completely misinterpreting how the memory mechanic works, and ignoring Zeus’ own statements and knowledge.

I never said Athena was limited, I said she was the exception to every norm.

you’ve even argued this in the past with her being a god who has 8th sense.

I highly doubt you’re gonna argue she’s also the only known deity to exclusively reincarnate as a human.

and I could go on.

you’re also completely misinterpreting how the memory mechanic works, and ignoring Zeus’ own statements and knowledge.
It is not the exception to anything, as this is never shown in story.

Yes for the original manga and several spin-offs, but here we are talking about Episode.G, where the gods seem to dominate the senses.

His reincarnation as a human only gives him a human body and nothing more, not limiting his power at all, in a way he is more vulnerable than other gods, but not weaker in any way.

Literally, we can see how the distortion gives them memories of other worlds close to this one, something we can even see clearly when Shiryu has a vision of the events in the world of Aiolos, where he even observes his death.

At this point you’re just being contrarian. You’ve now gone from “we’re generalising” to now “Athena has abilities she’s never shown” and that’s hilarious.

This shows why it is impossible to debate calmly with some people, as some users stick to something until they get tired without taking anything into account.
Bro Pontos was with Aiolos like. It literally went into him.
At the moment, there is nothing to indicate this and the only hint of a connection between the two was thanks to a portal created by Aiolos.

There was also a statement from Zeus where he basically says hes independent of universes.
As I said, I have my doubts about this, as the scene could mean something different. Although thinking about it, I remember that Saori in chapter 14 creates a way to travel to Olympus, and warns Shun that he could be trapped by the interval in space and time, and never return, and there is also the Dragon God's pearl, which brought back Shiryu from the world where he arrived by distortion in time and space, or Andromeda's chain that brought back Tenma from the place she arrived in because of the same distortion. So there are other examples of characters that move through space and time, and two of them are divine (Athena and Dragon God), the problem is whether we can generalize this ability or is it just a specific ability of certain characters, either way it doesn't seem that Athena can control the destiny of two people if they are trapped by the space time interval. So the question would also come, who can control the destiny or the place they reach (we know Athena doesn't, that's why she needs Chronos' help to go to a specific point in space and time).

Speaking of moving through space and time, the spoiler for the last chapter of ND looks like Asclepius is going to use a distortion to send Tenma to a faraway place, but Odysseus intervenes to send him to the town where Sasha is. Though it remains to be seen if Asclepius creates the distortion with his power or simply controls it.
Edit: Rephrase. How did Shion learn the same skill?
The answer is unknown, but not only Shion, at the end of the first part of Requiem we can see Dohko using the Crystal Vortex to ask for help from Saints from other dimensions.

As I said, I have my doubts about this, as the scene could mean something different. Although thinking about it, I remember that Saori in chapter 14 creates a way to travel to Olympus, and warns Shun that he could be trapped by the interval in space and time, and never return, and there is also the Dragon God's pearl, which brought back Shiryu from the world where he arrived by distortion in time and space, or Andromeda's chain that brought back Tenma from the place she arrived in because of the same distortion. So there are other examples of characters that move through space and time, and two of them are divine (Athena and Dragon God), the problem is whether we can generalize this ability or is it just a specific ability of certain characters, either way it doesn't seem that Athena can control the destiny of two people if they are trapped by the space time interval. So the question would also come, who can control the destiny or the place they reach (we know Athena doesn't, that's why she needs Chronos' help to go to a specific point in space and time).

Perhaps the events in ND is causing a distortion between all universes thus causing issues with other timelines?

The answer is unknown, but not only Shion, at the end of the first part of Requiem we can see Dohko using the Crystal Vortex to ask for help from Saints from other dimensions.

Completely forgot that Dohko could do it.

Also Kiki can use it too

well, we technically see Dohko opening the crystal vortex, he thanks Shion for casting the technique.

But that's a side note.

This shows why it is impossible to debate calmly with some people, as some users stick to something until they get tired without taking anything into account.

At the moment, there is nothing to indicate this and the only hint of a connection between the two was thanks to a portal created by Aiolos.
My guy you are literally arguing with Aiolos

That doesn't say anything, it literally just tells you that Aiolos acquired a power that rivals the gods and was able to connect the worlds, again this is a power that Aiolos obtained in some unknown way.
Yes. The power of the gods. Gods. Pontos is a god. Like what else is there to argue

That doesn't say anything, it literally just tells you that Aiolos acquired a power that rivals the gods and was able to connect the worlds, again this is a power that Aiolos obtained in some unknown way.
what do you mean "unknown"? it says "through relentless study of the phenomenon"

He's seen it happen, studied it, replicated it. This isn't conjecture it's verbatim what happened.

what do you mean "unknown"? it says "through relentless study of the phenomenon"

He's seen it happen, studied it, replicated it. This isn't conjecture it's verbatim what happened.
And the only portal we've seen him with had the Black Sea spill through. He also says that this is the power of the gods. Like this is so basic

We do not know how he did it, other than to study this phenomenon, we do not know how he created the technique or how he acquired that knowledge, seriously stop being stubborn.
Yes. The power of the gods. Gods. Pontos is a god. Like what else is there to argue
Yes, but even among the gods there are unique powers, that is why they are gods of an element or idea, each god can have a different power, even though they are all gods and all have divine powers (so the power to move through space and time is described as a power related to Chronos and we can even see that Athena needs to borrow Chronos' power to do this). Once again we are generalizing, just because all characters control the same energy does not mean they have the same abilities.

Last edited:
We do not know how he did it, other than to study this phenomenon, we do not know how he created the technique or how he acquired that knowledge, seriously stop being stubborn.
this literally cannot be more simple, you're the one being stubborn.
You are inventing holes in the plot that aren't there.

Back