• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
As the title suggests, this thread is for the purpose of proposing and discussing a potential applicable multiplier for Sage Mode users. I'm doing this now because last time we discussed it amidst the AP revisions it took up a lot of precious time, and in the end we didn't really reach any conclusions. So I thought it would be more efficient to just squash this debate separately here, as a sort of precursor for the upcoming AP revisions round 9000 in 5 more years at this rate...

Anyway, this won't be long since the topic is relatively short and sweet, so let's dive right into it!

First thing we need to know, is that we have an accepted 10x multiplier for the 2nd state of the Cursed Mark via this statement made by Jirobo-Sama.
How does this relate to Sage Mode? I'll get to that shortly, but first I'll establish a small scaling chain.

Juugo, the source of the Curse Mark's power, stated that Sasuke's mastery over it is very good, and that he hasn't seen a "copycat this good since Kimimaro". This clearly indicates that Kimimaro and Sasuke's usage of the Curse Mark is better than that of the Sound Four (which obviously includes Jirobo), but still somewhat below that of the original's being Juugo. This is supported by Orochimaru stating that Sasuke has especially good compatibility with Juugo's CM, which was reiterated on a number of other occasions as well.
Long story short, the 10x multiplier is clearly somewhat of a low-end as Sasuke and Juugo are far superior to the likes of Jirobo when it comes to using the CM, meaning they comfortably scale to it.

The most important thing to note is that the CM functions in the same way as Sage Mode, it utilizes Senjustu and amplifies the user's physical capabilites by absorbing Nature Energy, but most importantly both Kabuto and Orochimaru recognized the CM as an inferior version of Sage Mode seeing as how they referred to it as the "Origin" and "Source" of that power, meaning it is more than likely superior to the CM if not comparable to it at the very least. This is again further supported by Kabuto mentioning that Orochimaru sought this power for himself, even though he had the CM's power at his disposal, but failed to obtain it due to not being strong enough. Kabuto also claimed to have finally surpassed Orochimaru thanks to becoming a Perfect Sage, which Orochimaru failed to accomplish. So clearly, Sage Mode is portrayed to be the source behind the CM's powers and is more than likely far superior to it, or AT THE VERY LEAST comparable to it.

In conclusion, Sage Mode should scale to or above the Second Stage of the Curse Mark's 10x Power increase due to functioning the same way, having the same energy source, and being heavily implied to be far superior to it.

Last edited:
if this multiplier were to get accepted, how would this affect the AP/speed scaling chain?
Well, it doesn't affect speed at all, since the multiplier is only for power.
As for how it'll be applied, it'll be given to all CS2 and SM users whenever the AP revisions roll around. The specifics will be decided then, this thread is purely for discussing the validity of the multiplier.

Me: "Wow, what a simple and perfectly reasonable multiplier to agree to, this should be accepted without issues"

Also Me: "Now let's here it from the opposition who wants to make this CRT 12 Pages long and make me hate HST CRT's even more"

Me: "Wow, what a simple and perfectly reasonable multiplier to agree to, this should be accepted without issues"

Also Me: "Now let's here it from the opposition who wants to make this CRT 12 Pages long and make me hate HST CRT's even more"
i was expecting that too tbh, but thankfully it's going smoothly so far. Though I probably jinxed it just now XD

Seeing how some characters already scale to 600 Megatons in the base like Minato, which means we might see 6-C with scaling chains for numerous characters.

It will never go this smooth, Damage will come soon, not to say he is unreasonable, just that he usually has an issue with multipliers this big

I don't have issues with a 10 times multiplier on face value. The issue is how it is applied to scaling, and scaling chains, and if the eventual results can be trusted as being accurate/consistent.

I don't want Naruto to be turned into Bleach.

I don't have issues with a 10 times multiplier on face value. The issue is how it is applied to scaling, and scaling chains, and if the eventual results can be trusted as being accurate/consistent.

I think we can go step by step, first, we will see who all use Sage Mode, and then we can see who scale to them.

Wouldn’t we leave scaling until we actually re-start the Part II revisions? When I talked with UchihaSlayer about this earlier, I believe he meant for the purpose of this thread was just to get the multiplier officially accepted and that’s it.

I agree as well. If accepted, scaling has obvious stuff to tackle like scaling, backscaling (High 6-A Hashirama with Sage Mode = 6-A base Hashirama? Or is the "unknown but at least x10" enough to not backscale?) and consistency.

I agree as well. If accepted, scaling has obvious stuff to tackle like scaling, backscaling (High 6-A Hashirama with Sage Mode = 6-A base Hashirama? Or is the "unknown but at least x10" enough to not backscale?) and consistency.
Hashirama isn't High 6-A physically. He is High 6-A with wood-style Jutsu.

Seems straightforward. I agree.

Now to unfollow this soon to be 10 page long CRT.

Hashirama isn't High 6-A physically. He is High 6-A with wood-style Jutsu.
...That profile is horribly made. The guest key specifies that his wood release is Low 6-B, as opposed to his physicals. I'd expect the same to carry over to the second key if it worked like that.

Plus, he can use sage mode even when he isn't a zombie.

Plus, wouldn't that mean his wood can still back scale then?

Yes, the statistics will be handled later when we start the AP revisions.

Don't worry, if after constructing the scaling chain the multiplier turns out to be problematic or heavily inconsistent, I'll be the first to suggest its removal.
Wouldn't want that, now would we?

...That profile is horribly made. The guest key specifies that his wood release is Low 6-B, as opposed to his physicals. I'd expect the same to carry over to the second key if it worked like that.

I agree with this I noticed it few days ago the current profile is horrible its need to be changed

Yes, a lot of the profiles are horribly formatted and have unreliable statistics, which is why we'll be revising both the formatting and stats very soon.

I'm a lil bit confused. Why wouldn't it affect speed? When using Part 1 Sasuke as an example it clearly does?
It may or may not affect speed, but the multiplier statement only mentions power, so we can't apply it for speed as well.

It may or may not affect speed, but the multiplier statement only mentions power, so we can't apply it for speed as well.
Jirobo isn't a speed type character. From the numerous times others used Sage Mode like Juugo, Naruto or Jiraya (not so sure about this one) for example it's evident that their physical stats (speed included) gets amped

Jirobo isn't a speed type character. From the numerous times others used Sage Mode like Juugo, Naruto or Jiraya (not so sure about this one) for example it's evident that their physical stats (speed included) gets amped
Yes, they get a speed amp, but again it's not allowed for us to assume multipliers on the wiki.

For example, I pointed out in the OP that Juugo and Sasuke have a much more powerful and controlled version of the Curse Mark than Jirobo, and SM users are even stronger than that most likely, but we can't just slap a 20x multiplier on them arbitrarily, right? Even if it makes sense to an extent, we can't assume numbers that aren't stated verbatim.

Yes, they get a speed amp, but again it's not allowed for us to assume multipliers on the wiki.

For example, I pointed out in the OP that Juugo and Sasuke have a much more powerful and controlled version of the Curse Mark than Jirobo, and SM users are even stronger than that most likely, but we can't just slap a 20x multiplier on them arbitrarily, right? Even if it makes sense to an extent, we can't assume numbers that aren't stated verbatim.
What about incomplete sage mode? Would it be ok to assume that it's still 10x if perfect sage mode is definitely above 10x?

What about incomplete sage mode? Would it be ok to assume that it's still 10x if perfect sage mode is definitely above 10x?
As far as I'm aware, the only difference between Perfect and Imperfect SM is that Perfect SM doesn't require help with gathering Nature energy and doesn't transform your appearance too drastically. I don't remember a statement about it being stronger, but if it is stronger, then the multiplier probably shouldn't apply to Imperfect SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back