• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are the same Sage Mode. It is just that Jiraiya needs Pa and Ma to active it while Naruto doesn't. So yeah Jiraiya's Sage Mode should get a 10x boost as well.

I think they are the same Sage Mode. It is just that Jiraiya needs Pa and Ma to active it while Naruto doesn't.
I believe so as well. The only difference we know of for sure is that Jiraiya can't gather and maintain NE on his own, while Naruto can.

IIRC though. Sage Mode Jiraiya has an anti-feat right? Like his arm was ripped off by Asura Pain, the same Pain that was one-shot by Sage Mode Naruto. But it could be because he caught him off-guard.

IIRC though. Sage Mode Jiraiya has an anti-feat right? Like his arm was ripped off by Asura Pain, the same Pain that was one-shot by Sage Mode Naruto. But it could be because he caught him off-guard.
I don't wanna bog down this thread with scaling discussions, but if you ask me, it's entirely possible that Naruto just became that much stronger than Jiraiya tbh.
Remember, this was all after 2 consecutive arcs of him training and developing, so imo it's not really outside the realm of possibility that he surpassed Jiraiya all around at that point. IIRC, there's even a statement made by Pa about him surpassing Jiraiya (and they didn't specify "with Sage Mode only" or anything), so yeah I think it's possible tbh.
It also supports his feats in his base form like briefly swapping hands with the Deva Path, and even defeating him when Pain was extremely exhausted.

IIRC SM Jiraiya was caught off guard and the Paths get stronger with fewer bodies active, and at that moment only three paths were active after Jiraiya killed the first three right?

And here I was hoping Damage would sprinkle some spice in this thread so I could say something more than “I agree FRA”.

You’re points look sound and I can’t find fault with it. Only think I can say, which has already been said, is to watch inconsistencies later on by that has no bearing on the legitimacy of Sage mode scaling to or above CM2

In conclusion, I agree FRA

IIRC SM Jiraiya was caught off guard and the Paths get stronger with fewer bodies active, and at that moment only three paths were active after Jiraiya killed the first three right?
He was caught off guard, but that shouldn't have any bearing on his durability because he was in Sage Mode which passively increases his durability (thanks to Pa and Ma). There's no reason to assume his durability dropped.

He was caught off guard, but that shouldn't have any bearing on his durability because he was in Sage Mode which passively increases his durability (thanks to Pa and Ma). There's no reason to assume his durability dropped.
I'm not saying his Durability dropped, I'm saying he wasn't actively defending himself and that at specific circumstances (Fewer bodies active) the Asura Path could have enough AP/SS to do what he did.

Even the Soul Suck Path was able to block/catch SM Jiraiya's punch when only three bodies were active.

And here I was hoping Damage would sprinkle some spice in this thread so I could say something more than “I agree FRA”.

You’re points look sound and I can’t find fault with it. Only think I can say, which has already been said, is to watch inconsistencies later on by that has no bearing on the legitimacy of Sage mode scaling to or above CM2

In conclusion, I agree FRA
Thanks for your input.

Now we have 5 staff members agreeing with this (2 with the caveat that it doesn't create any inconsistencies down the line, which is more than fair), in addition to unanimous user agreement as well. I think it's safe to say this has been accepted.

If nobody has any concerns they want to voice, then this thread can probably be closed later today (to give anyone who may potentially disagree a chance to comment).

This went surprisingly well lol, I'm glad.

I'm not saying his Durability dropped, I'm saying he wasn't actively defending himself and that at specific circumstances (Fewer bodies active) the Asura Path could have enough AP/SS to do what he did.

Even the Soul Suck Path was able to block/catch SM Jiraiya's punch when only three bodies were active.
Well, the only thing he could've really done was dodge, but yes, you are correct about there being fewer bodies active at that point.
Jiraiya even claimed that the first three Pains (Preta, Animal, and Human Paths) could kill him, even though they're on the weaker side.

Yes, they get a speed amp, but again it's not allowed for us to assume multipliers on the wiki.

For example, I pointed out in the OP that Juugo and Sasuke have a much more powerful and controlled version of the Curse Mark than Jirobo, and SM users are even stronger than that most likely, but we can't just slap a 20x multiplier on them arbitrarily, right? Even if it makes sense to an extent, we can't assume numbers that aren't stated verbatim.
In the case instead of pulling numbers out of thin air, then it's best to say they receive at least 10x amp, which is the lowest they could possibly get

In the case instead of pulling numbers out of thin air, then it's best to say they receive at least 10x amp, which is the lowest they could possibly get
We literally can't. The wiki doesn't accept multipliers for speed unless they're explicitly stated to affect speed as well, which isn't the case here unfortunately.

Minato uses SM but we don’t really have any feats. Are we still gonna use that for him?
He got stomped by JJ Madara, but realistically he would've gotten stomped even if it were a 1000x multiplier lol, so nothing really invalidates it for him.

Since I don't see anyone like this, I guess the thread is smooth, I agree. The fact that this is only Strength multiplier is also very neat, there won't be any stupid FTL crap from Multiplier stacking.
RGz3Bkq.jpg

Yeah, CS2/Sage Mode do amp speed, but the 10x multiplier doesn’t apply to them. So a ‘higher’ rating is the best that can be done.

It has been accepted, Sage Mode is now accepted as a 10x Multiplier, so I will now close this thread

Unless there are any last closing remarks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back