• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Edelweiss is stronger than Ikki in canon, but i feel like here Ikki would have been best since we know a bit more about him. But Edelweiss will work just fine too. Anyway let's start debating. What can Sacred Eclipse do to:

• Attack based Stamina attacks (1 hit will mean unconscious state since it will attack SE's stamina)
  • Her Trackless Step (makes her REALLY hard to percieve, Ikki managed to use this to get through whole crowds unnoticed, and he's fodder to edelweiss at that point).
I believe that's it.

Ok so i read a bit and she resists fear and mind manip (which i think includes the perception manip, although the perception is self induced).

She doesn't resist passive willpower manip.

She does have

'She can pollute the mind of those she sees to break their mind to cause fatal mental damage and brainwash them into following her commands, while those who see her will be consumed by fear that causes them to forget how to breath and almost faint, and these can empowered if she touches her opponent; this has been shown to work on Celistia Ralgris'

Which sounds very similar to Desperado Aura. She has sight based mind manip. Although Edelweis has a pretty massive range on her aura.

Edelweiss doesn't resist her passive mind manip, which is way stronger than Iblis', which affected over one hundred girls.

Celis who was charging forward in conviction was receiving mental pollution from Raffi a little while ago.
Celis who didn't know that Raffi was Sacred Eclipse didn't even have any leeway to resist. Her heart was eroded and she was turned into a puppet that would carry out Raffi's order loyally and hid here

Sacred Eclipse tells Edelweiss to kill herself and calls it a day?

By the way, Yoruka said just approaching Sacred Eclipse aura would mindhax her, so it isn't only sight based.

Those are all thought based though.

Edelweiss' will manip is passive. Just being in her presence makes the thoughts of winning completely disappear and you start to break down unwilling to even start the fight.

Ionliosite said:
By the way, Yoruka said just approaching Sacred Eclipse aura would mindhax her, so it isn't only sight based.
Hmm "approaching". Sba says 4km. Im pretty sure when she said "approaching" she didn't mean "approaching from 4km away". Whereas Edelweiss' range is cities wide.

She can passively brainwash Edelweiss, but Edelweiss passive will manip will activate at the same time, so Sacred Eclipse can't just tell her to kill herself

Several in this case being?

Also feels kinda doubtful that the passive part is several kilometers. From what you're saying the ability is passive as a fear manip (which Edelweiss resists), and active as a brain wash.

But yeah it wouldn't work either way as Edelweiss has resistances scales from other desperados who as you said do the same thing.

Ionliosite said:
She can passively brainwash Edelweiss, but Edelweiss passive will manip will activate at the same time, so Sacred Eclipse can't just tell her to kill herself
Her profile says that she passively induces fear. But she can choose to brain wash (active).

Sacred Eclipse aura covers kilometers yes. But we don't know how many kilometers, the text says several.

Also can't SE reactive evolution her passives to develop resistances?

SE feels intense fear/starts to lose her will power the closer she gets to Edel and slowly develops resistance no?

Her profile says that she passively induces fear. But she can choose to brain wash (active).

Those Sacred Eclipse see are mindhaxed. Those who sees Sacred Eclipse are fearhaxed. The brainwash is passive, but she needs to think to give orders.

Oh i see. Seems like a fun ability lol.

@Black

Developing a resistance to Edel's will power is hard. Because it is just your body reacting to the intense aura. It's like developing a resistance to "fear hax from a meteor". If a meteor comes your way that is scary no matter what, not cus it's haxing you, but it has an intense presence. That's the idea of the desperados.

@Ion

Then i guess either inconclusive (if several kilometers >= 4km) or stomp (if several kilometers in this case < 4km).

@earl

Doesn't it depend on how her reactive evolution works. What if your body is just incredibly good at adapting to empathic/will power manipulation?

Blackcurrant91 said:
@earl
Doesn't it depend on how her reactive evolution works. What if your body is just incredibly good at adapting to empathic/will power manipulation?
Well as i said it depends. Has there ever been a really strong dude who everyone was scared of fighting including this girl, then after like 5 min she goes "oh well who cares i addapted to it either way", and is not scared of fighting him anymore. Doing that would be aching to adapting to Edelweiss' aura. Not simple hax.

Well as i said it depends. Has there ever been a really strong dude who everyone was scared of fighting including this girl, then after like 5 min she goes "oh well who cares i addapted to it either way", and is not scared of fighting him anymore. Doing that would be aching to adapting to Edelweiss' aura. Not simple hax.

Everybody is afraid of Fugil Arcadia and she doesn't mind him at all, but thats not relevant to this match.

That's a lil different from 'adaptation' though.

Then this has a 50/50 chance of being either a stomp or inconclusive. What do we do?

Blackcurrant91 said:
Put Ikki or Kurono against her? I feel especially Kurono would have more options to deal with her from range.
I think againts Ikki would be almost the same thing as here, but let's try againts Kurono, let's see what happens.

Ionliosite said:
Blackcurrant91 said:
Put Ikki or Kurono against her? I feel especially Kurono would have more options to deal with her from range.
I think againts Ikki would be almost the same thing as here, but let's try againts Kurono, let's see what happens.
Nah, no resistance to the passive brain wash.

I believe this is more a case of "what's the stated range" and less about our standards. Because SE doesn't have a clear range that has been stated or shown, just estimation, so we still can't be sure. But yeah necro at this point.

Back