• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saber vs Gunvolt: Warriors of another "Calibur"

So wait, if you used magic to create a rock and threw that rock would Magic Resistance null it (Ignoring normal Servant resistances)

That's crazy bruh Fate is weird.

Also GV doesn't say the lines, but it's probably something that goes through his head when he does it. Evidenced by his boss fight in GV2 and that it all happens too dang fast. (Though in the latter fight he does say a line to be cool, TBH all of it is kinda there to be cool). Every time, he does typically say "Oversurge, Azure Striker", but it probably doesn't affect the output ngl.

Yeah lets just, not touch fate matchups ever again until it happens and we contact someone who knows how things work like this time when we make a match

Yeah and humans are made of atoms dosn't make them any harder to hit.
Servants can interact with beings made of energy, made of quantum particles, made of literal nonexistence, and actual electricity. saying "they can't hit this one very specific thing even though they can hit literally everything that is superior to it" is huge NLF

Servants can interact with beings made of energy, made of quantum particles, made of literal nonexistence, and actual electricity. saying "they can't hit this one very specific thing even though they can hit literally everything that is superior to it" is huge NLF
Even normal humans can physically interact with servants, being made of quantum particles means about as much as us being made out of atoms in real life.

Just like how Gunvolt being made of electrons does not help him
Being made out of particles dosn't make Servants or Humans intangible, being made of electrons does make Gunvolt intangible.

Hitting a Servant is about as impressive as touching a chair. I'm touching a chair right now. Dosn't mean I can punch electrons.

Except Gunvolt being intangible does not help him here, in the slightest, due to Servant's NPI encompassing literally all types of NPI.

This is one of the dumbest debates on anything ever.

This isn’t even a match related to whose abilities interact, it’s literally

“Can A affect B”

Gonna have to check if he's alive

Nah he's good

Also i forgot about this until now, but Servants can actually hit eachother when they're in spirit form, IE dispersed into spirit particles

Smashor my man, just think of it like this:

We can actually make more matches without it being a stomp by default due to Prevasion.

We can actually make people aware of Azure Striker Gunvolt's literal existence. So who's the real winner here? (well all of us I guess)

Plz guys these games are good check em out

Except Gunvolt being intangible does not help him here, in the slightest, due to Servant's NPI encompassing literally all types of NPI.
No it's not, you don't get every type of NPI just because you can damage certain things. Like I said, JoJo stands can punch souls but cannot punch fog. It's a similar situation here.

Even normal humans can physically interact with servants, being made of quantum particles means about as much as us being made out of atoms in real life.
The quantum particule is because her being is unstable on a quantum level making impossible to affect her normaly. She just a bunch a quantum particle that don't have correlation with the other

And actually if the servant make himself in spiritual form their are intangible but can't atk too

Hate to revive a dead thread but I do have a question. Since Prevasion can be disabled after a consulting an higher up, couldn't the same thing apply to Servants and just be able to say "___ is able to harm Servant"? The Servant itself is still combat functional and doesn't need to change how they fight really, much like Prevasion users, so couldn't this be applied?

Hate to revive a dead thread but I do have a question. Since Prevasion can be disabled after a consulting an higher up, couldn't the same thing apply to Servants and just be able to say "___ is able to harm Servant"? The Servant itself is still combat functional and doesn't need to change how they fight really, much like Prevasion users, so couldn't this be applied?
Prevasion is reliant on equipment though? Saber in particular you could probably have be her living self since she's one of the few servants that was basically the same in life as a Servant, but most other servants can't get that.

Also I realized there's no evidence of Magic Resistance working on psychic powers other than mystic eyes, and there's no reason to assume it would work on other psychic abilities.

Last edited:
Exactly. It's magecraft, not actual psionics, since actual psionics are a separate concept.

I assume you mean Anti-Unit NPs that scale to physical strength, correct?
we don't have psionic in fate... we have magecraft, true magie, and esp. and praticall all esp are thing that servant have and mr high level show resist. (magecraft being allmodern superntural power, true magic ancient magie from age of god, and esp being mystic eyes and pure eyes)

psychonesis, telekinesis being power that magecraft can give i don't see the problem

for the second no, all np who are rank A+ and above are now accepted as low 6-B (it's not applied as we see what tier to give lower np rank)

Yeah, considering how Septima is described (Basically The Force from Star Wars) it would fall under "Mystery".

Back