• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

S04E15 The Flash's Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best episodes of the Flash?

Also, some quick approximative math: The time dilation formula is given by the expression: ╬öt'=╬│ ╬öt, where ╬öt' is the time that has passed as experienced from someone who is moving at a constant speed ¤à and ╬öt is the time as experienced from someone at rest with respect to the moving frame of reference. The factor ╬│ is a factor of speed (the Lorentz factor) and is given by the expression ╬│ = 1/(sqrt(1-¤à^2/c^2)), where c is of course the speed of light.

8 minutes and 46 seconds is 526 seconds and is equal to Δt, since that was the time frame in which events would have transpired for normal people.

Approximately 30 min is the episode's runtime during which the characters were in Flash-Time, which is 1800 seconds and is equal to Δt' (rest frame as seen by Barry). Substituting in the original formula, we have:

1800=526*1/(sqrt(1-¤à^2/c^2)) --> (sqrt(1-¤à^2/c^2))=526/1800=0.292 --> 1-¤à^2/c^2=0.085 --> ¤à^2/c^2=0.9146 --> ¤à^2=(c^2)*0.9146 --> ¤à=0.956*c

So Barry had to be moving at approximately 95.6 % the speed of light, or at 286,601,589.8 meters/second.

I don't think the writers realized what they just did.´╗┐

EDIT: This might be lowballing, since the bomb probably would have taken off in less time than that.

Well I'm on episdoe 14 right now, and Iris said a bridge closes in 3 picoseconds (1 picosecond = 1e-12 seconds) and that DeVoe's might be faster, so we might have something here. :^)

Edit: So the episode you're referring to is ep 15, but they said the core of the nuke has already gone critical, and they wouldn't make it out of the city before it exploded.

Edit Edit: A nuke that can destroy Central City (which they stated was 3 megatons) can destroy the speed force entirely LMAO

Their math is garbage though, they said 3 million tons = 3 million joules, LOLno. 3 megatons = 1.2552E+16 joules (12.5 quadrillion), 1 megaton = 4.184e15 joules, which means Flash gets a Low 7-B upgrade via lightning strikes :^)

@Unite My Rice

They didn't say they wouldn't make it out before it went off. They said they wouldn't be able to evacuate everyone in the city before it went off.

I remember that time... I was on the side of the writers and didn't know his feats were above that. Now I'm not listening to what they say until I know it makes sense.

Damn writers...

The idea that the entire Speed Force might be destroyed by a single nuke is hilarious.

I agree with UniteMyRice on the other stuff.

Also, the 8 minutes and 46 seconds on my math should probably be changed to something like 10 seconds, which would make Barry's speed an even higher percentage of light speed (something like 0.990999 c).

Well if it lead to a Chain reaction with radiation poisoning the living being that is the speed force it could work.

Well they did say that they don't know. It was a possibility it would be destroyed.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Unite My Rice
They didn't say they wouldn't make it out before it went off. They said they wouldn't be able to evacuate everyone in the city before it went off.
They did, they said they could try running the bomb out to the badlands but they wouldn't have enough time to do that.

Unite My Rice said:
Well I'm on episdoe 14 right now, and Iris said a bridge closes in 3 picoseconds (1 picosecond = 1e-12 seconds) and that DeVoe's might be faster, so we might have something here. :^)
Say no more. I'm going to try to calc that.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Wait MFTL and Small City level Flash?
Yup. Blame the writers, they said 3 picoseconds. Guess they didn't know that a picosecond is one trillionth of a second.

There's only 3 Relavistic or FTL feats in a world of MHS to Sub Rel feats, so i don't exactly think it should be added, but i am not opposed to this.

Agreed, it also makes sense since Flash's Large Town + feat is ultra casual.

Btw Speed Force is supposed to be infinite, so I was like wtf like the others when nuke>>>speed force.

Or maybe Jay Garrick is just too old and stupid.

I'll post mine soon :^)

And considering the entire world was pretty much frozen to Barry while he ran around the city, plus it took roughly 9 minutes to him for the nuke to go from critical to the explosion beginning to form a few feet, he's pretty fast :^)

Though idk how fast a nuke travels from critical to boom

@Fhfhghghg Jay Garrick is too old in Season 4 and unable to throw lightning.

@Unite My Rice Can you post your calc of Flash being Low 7-B in a blog, and post a link to a clip of the feat (better explain the feat a bit as well)?

If you guys are okay with calculating outlier feats, then can I interest you in calculating the Nuke feat?

You forgot to account for the Flash going on a million hiatuses during this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back