• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - Second Half

In the Fairy Tales book, Ozpin states that something consistent in almost all creation stories is that the two brothers arrived from a realm outside mankind's and created the universe together out of nothing. And according to his own narration, they used to be merged together as one dragon in the beginning of time who split his power in half.
So they can be given possibly 3-A on that basis.
Don't recall seeing stars in the pocket dimensions, so no reason to think that they are excessively large.

I would like to propose a Lifting Strength downgrade, based on Qrow failing to push the bomb, and Ruby being shocked by Penny having the strength to lift the speeding truck in Volume 2 even though Ruby saw that penny can fight.
In the currently used Nevermore feat, Ruby was assisted by Weiss' gylphs, which does strange things with gravity and surface tension, and her Semblance which grants her momentum. Ruby heavily struggled to lift Penny while using her Semblance in Volume 2 which is another anti-feat.
In which case, Elm's feat of throwing the Megoliath would be the new upper limit for human/faunus characters.

I would like to propose a Lifting Strength downgrade, based on Qrow failing to push the bomb, and Ruby being shocked by Penny having the strength to lift the speeding truck in Volume 2 even though Ruby saw that penny can fight.
In the currently used Nevermore feat, Ruby was assisted by Weiss' gylphs, which does strange things with gravity and surface tension, and her Semblance which grants her momentum. Ruby heavily struggled to lift Penny while using her Semblance in Volume 2 which is another anti-feat.
In which case, Elm's feat of throwing the Megoliath would be the new upper limit for human/faunus characters.
she wasnt assisted in lifting by Weiss' glyphs, all they did was stick her to the wall, the lifting was done 100% by Ruby and theres three other Class K feats on top of that one

Why wouldn't she be assisted by Weiss' glyphs when they manipulate gravity and add acceleration?

Evidence it was done 100% by Ruby? And why does Ruby have two lifting anti-feats?

The three other feats are done by: 1- android Penny, 2- Glynda's telekinesis, 3- Maiden android Penny
Penny was acknowledged to be abnormally strong even for fighters due to having a robot body, and Glynda's feat was not physical.

Why wouldn't she be assisted by Weiss' glyphs when they manipulate gravity and add acceleration?
Because Weiss visibly di not use her glyphs on the nevrmore itself, only to stick ruby to the wall
Evidence it was done 100% by Ruby? And why does Ruby have two lifting anti-feats?
She doesnt, hell she has a second Class K feat done without any use of Weiss' glyphs and her spinning her scythe was calced at class 100

Also why is the bomb feat being considered an anti-feat when it was blatantly shown to be an instance of bad luck for Qrow?

And hell for all we know the bomb could have been absurdly heavy given the huge strength feats that the ace ops individually were shown to perform (Vine lifting dropships, Elm throwing around Megoliaths, etc.) yet it was heavy enough to need multiple members of the team to move it around

The gylphs were visibly breaking gravity by allowing Ruby to run freely on walls when she normally they can't; the gylphs weren't touching the crates to manipulate their gravity. You did not address the gylph's capabilities to grant acceleration.
Ruby was assisted by gylhps + Semblance + recoil from shooting. This is not portrayed as something she can normally do.

This is a clear-cut anti-feat.

As well as being shocked by Penny having the super strength to lift a speeding truck.

Link to the other Class K feat by Ruby?
Not every spinning feat is the same, so the calc needs to be about Ruby Rose or have very similar context; if so link to it. Unless Ruby spun her scythe so much that she was floating and lifting her own body weight, a calc for spinning Crescent Rose will likely produce Class 10 or less.

Qrow's bad luck doesn't reduce his physical stats.

We see the bomb being carried by four Atlesian Knights. That whoever designed the bomb engineered for it be transported via. being carried by four people implies that it is relatively light, and makes this an even bigger anti-feat for Qrow.
It is a major stretch to say that Vine can lift drop ships; he was stablilized by Elm's Semblance and then holding onto a moving ship while standing on a moving ship; which can simply be used to help the ship he is on in positioning itself.

What are the three other Class K feats?
Likely refeering to the ones displayed in the verse page:

Also, Maverick pointed out that Sun has a couple of lifting anti-feats of his own, even with the help of his clones:
Thank you.

Last edited:
The gylphs were visibly breaking gravity by allowing Ruby to run freely on walls when she normally they can't; the gylphs weren't touching the crates to manipulate their gravity. You did not address the gylph's capabilities to grant acceleration.
It is something she can normally do. There was already a CRT addressing this and her shooting would make it HARDER for her to lift it as she is adding upward momentum and thus fighting harder against gravity to life the nevermore. That coupled with the fact that you would still need to prove that Weiss' glyphs are in any way helping with the actual lifting of the nvermore rather than just sticking Ruby to the wall.
Ruby was assisted by gylhps + Semblance + recoil from shooting. This is not portrayed as something she can normally do.
Again none of this hlps ruby physically lift anything and in reality would make it harder for her to do so when physics are taken into account.
This is a clear-cut anti-feat.
Its not. End of story.
As well as being shocked by Penny having the super strength to lift a speeding truck.
And the characters have been impressed by 7-Cs punching holes in walls what is your point?
Not every spinning feat is the same, so the calc needs to be about Ruby Rose or have very similar context; if so link to it. Unless Ruby spun her scythe so much that she was floating and lifting her own body weight, a calc for spinning Crescent Rose will likely produce Class 10 or less.
It is a feat for Ruby herself and it yielded Class 100
It is a major stretch to say that Vine can lift drop ships; he was stablilized by Elm's Semblance and then holding onto a moving ship while standing on a moving ship; which can simply be used to help the ship he is on in positioning itself.
He literally lifted a dropship earlier in the volume and Elm stabalizing his footing doesnt amplify the strength of his arms.
Likely refeering to the ones displayed in the verse page:

I wasnt actually, there are several others that arent on the vers page that have been calced and accepted

TL;DR Its not an anti-feat, it is far, far too consistent of a feat to be considered one. If anything a lower showing would be an outlier here, not the other way around.

Well, I haven't seen the last episode of RWBY yet; I'm not one of those paid registered users on Roosterteeth who watches episodes a week early. But based on what I have seen, I do not know of many new feats, but I pretty much do agree that Penny should have the Winter Maiden's powers added to her. And I do notice a lot of the strongest Huntsman are nearly as strong as Maiden Powers users as the OP is saying yes.

There seems to be:
Agreement that top-tier Huntsmen and Huntresses get upgraded to Tier 7 due to the feat of containing a nuke, and multiple feats making them comparable to Maidens. But we are awaiting calcs on city size before the specifics are hashed out.
Agreement that the keys get rearranged to be based on training instead of volume numbers. Adding Maiden key to Winter as well.
Most abilities additions are self-evident and uncontroversial.
Agreement that powerful stabbing attacks momentarily piercing through Aura without depleting it being a weakness.

A proposal was provided for downgrading Lifting Strength due to anti-feats, and possibilities of amps in the currently used feat.

Awaiting arguments on regeneration upgrades to Low Godly for Salem and the god brothers.

It is something she can normally do. There was already a CRT addressing this and her shooting would make it HARDER for her to lift it as she is adding upward momentum and thus fighting harder against gravity to life the nevermore. That coupled with the fact that you would still need to prove that Weiss' glyphs are in any way helping with the actual lifting of the nvermore rather than just sticking Ruby to the wall.
Huh? Shooting downwards in RWBY, to gain upward momentum, is a bad thing when trying to fight gravity and gain upward momentum? From my search of the CRT, everyone who commented on your claim disagreed with you and didn't think that what you said makes sense.
Running up walls does not need glyphs; it needs speed. Which white glyphs gives when on a surface. If what they do is stick Ruby to the wall they'd be black glyphs.

Again none of this hlps ruby physically lift anything and in reality would make it harder for her to do so when physics are taken into account.
Sure, give us a lecture on anime physics about how things that are portrayed as helpful are actually detrimental.

Its not. End of story.
Explain what happened in the scene then.

And the characters have been impressed by 7-Cs punching holes in walls what is your point?
Don't recall it. Clip so we can compare?

It is a feat for Ruby herself and it yielded Class 100
Failed to find it, can you link to it?

He literally lifted a dropship earlier in the volume and Elm stabalizing his footing doesnt amplify the strength of his arms.
Do you konw which episode? Closest I could find is him pulling himself into Harriet's ship.
Robyn was perfectly capable of steering the ship; we don't know how much Vine contributed, or if he has contributed at all. Vine and Elm could've gotten into the roof so that Vine could get inside the other ship faster.

and Cinder had to put in effort in order to snap Jaune's sword.

From the clip, it looked like she one shot Jaune's sword to break it when she tried.

As for the Lifting Strength, how many anti-feats are there and how many pro-feats are there?

I haven't watched RWBY since Volume 5. Forgot to take my name off the supporters list

Volume 6 for me but I'm looking at current arguments and have seen word there are anti-feats for Lifting Strength.

Agreed to all abilities except Emerald's sensing (don't remember it) and Qrow's Luck (we should wait).

Lift Strength downgrade may be for the best, but we can't be certain about bomb's weight. Aside from that not sure.

Top hunters are comparable to Maidens. yes.

Aura piercing feels wrong, so gonna stay neutral for now.

Low-Godly regen? What was it, complete body destruction? Sure.

I agree with Post Atlas Training RWBY and JNPR as well as top tier Huntsmen getting upgraded to 7-C, tho I'm still a little iffy on Aura being upgraded to 7-B durability.

Though this does beg the question of what the tiers of Maidens and Salem/Ozma will be when all is said and done. Will Maidens be completely upgraded to High 7-C without the Maiden powers being separated from their physical abilities, like Ozpin's profile?

Also, have we gotten the calc for the kinetic bomb Oscar set off with the cane?

I don't think the semblance should scale to physicality, actually. Yang used a bomb cluster to damage Vine when he was using his semblance, the same thing she used to hurt Salem who's obviously way above her. At best I'd just give yang scaling through her bombs

From the clip, it looked like she one shot Jaune's sword to break it when she tried.

As for the Lifting Strength, how many anti-feats are there and how many pro-feats are there?
She had extensive on-screen sword clashes with Weiss. If it was casual she would've snapped Weiss' weapons.

For the anti-feats there are five:
  1. Ruby being shocked by Penny being strong enough to lift a speeding truck, even though she saw that Penny is a very powerful fighter.
  2. Ruby struggling to lift Penny while using her Semblance, and then collapsing shortly due to weight.
  3. Sun struggling to push a wooden cart speeding down a slope, even with the help of two clones.
  4. Sun struggling to lift a collapsed wooden balcony with Ghira and two clones.
  5. Qrow struggling and failing to push a bomb that can be carried by four Atlesian Knights.
For the lifting feats (of course, striking ones no longer count due to revisions):
  1. Ruby dragging a giant Nevermore up a cliff.
  2. Penny dragging air ships with her sword wires.
  3. Amped Yang stopping the fist of Roman's Atlesian Paladin.
  4. Elm lifting and throwing a Megoliath.
  5. Maiden Penny lifting Amity Arena with help from jet boosters and Maiden power.
  6. Ironwood stopping the charge of Winter's Manticore summon.
  7. Vine potentially steering a piloted ship while on its roof with his extended arm.
Weekly claims that there is an other Class K calc for Ruby, and a Class 100 calc for spinning Crescent Rose. So we are awaiting links for them.

I disputed the first feat due to Weiss' white glyphs and Ruby's Crescent Rose recoil granting a momentum boost.
Disagree with Penny scaling to others, since she is noted to be abnormally strong.
Don't think that Vine's feat is quantifiable; he could just be standing on the roof on stand-by to board the ship.
Amped Yang's, Ironwood's, and Elm's feats are not calc'd.

Agreed to all abilities except Emerald's sensing (don't remember it) and Qrow's Luck (we should wait).
Emerald's feat comes from Episode 9, "Witch":
Emerald: I knew I sensed some weak minds nearby.

For Qrow's luck feat, we can make Clover's charm optional equipment; I am not claiming that it is something he is going to use frequently, but it is something he carries.

Nobody but Vine's Semblance would scale to that explosion, right?
I don't think the semblance should scale to physicality, actually. Yang used a bomb cluster to damage Vine when he was using his semblance, the same thing she used to hurt Salem who's obviously way above her. At best I'd just give yang scaling through her bombs
Vine's bomb feat is supported by multiple feats of harming Maiden Penny, surviving Cinder's ranged attacks, clashing with Cinder in melee combat, and surviving Ironwood's cannon which he prepared to counter Maiden Penny.

Last edited:
Volume 6 for me but I'm looking at current arguments and have seen word there are anti-feats for Lifting Strength.
None really, they are absurdly liberal with high-level lifting strength feats in the recent volumes, what with Penny lifting Amity Colosseum, Elm casually throwing around mammoths, and vine lifting airships and using multi-ton boulders as projectiles

For the anti-feats there are five:
  1. Ruby being shocked by Penny being strong enough to lift a speeding truck, even though she saw that Penny is a very powerful fighter.
If we're downgrading them based on shock value then the verse should be downgraded to 9-B due to Ruby being shocked that Penny stomped a bunch of fodder White Fang members in Volume 2
  1. Ruby struggling to lift Penny while using her Semblance, and then collapsing shortly due to weight.
She didnt struggle to lift Penny, she struggled to use her Semblance because this was Volume 2 when she had zero mastery over it
  1. Sun struggling to push a wooden cart speeding down a slope, even with the help of two clones.
PIS at its finest
  1. Sun struggling to lift a collapsed wooden balcony with Ghira and two clones.
PIS at its finest when Sun a season earlier manhandled the Sea Feilong which was calced to have Class K weight
  1. Qrow struggling and failing to push a bomb that can be carried by four Atlesian Knights.
Easily explainable as his bad luck semblance affecting him

Currently the lifting strength feats that support the rating are:
  • Ruby lifting the Nevermore
  • Penny pulling a bullhead out of the sky
  • Sun manhandling the Sea Feilong
  • Nora throwing Yang into orbit
  • Ruby's scythe spinning rotational energy
  • Yatsuhashi and Yang individually being able to stop the punches of Atlesian Paladins
  • Yatsuhashi holding up a cave-in
  • Pyrrha being able to lift a Class K-calced mass of gears
  • Elm lifting and throwing a Megoliath
  • Harriet being able to partially lift a heavier Alpha Megoliath
  • Base Penny lifting Amity Arena
  • Vine lifting an airship
  • Vine restraining a Petra Gigas
Theres also some odds and ends feats like Glynda lifting a Class M-calced mass of stone but that wouldnt scale to physicals

@WeeklyBattles I believed he pinged everyone on the supporters, opponents, and neutral. Though a lot of those people aren't even active on the wiki anymore; namely VersusJunkie and to some extent Dargoo.
I know lol those are who i was rferring to, plus i feel like it was kind of excessive when we dont even know what most of the revisions are yet and thus far most of the pople pinged have not seen the recent seasons

Maiden penny is like, what, 7-C though? And Cinder is High 7-C? I'm pretty sure the bomb is a lot higher than that
Cinder has Low 7-C melting feat, Penny has 7-C lifting feat, Raven has High 7-C storm feat. If Salem gets a x4 Maiden multplier, she would be Low 7-B, and Hazel would likely scale with his hard light shield since he directly blocked a magical blast from an angry Salem.
We can downscale their normal AP and durability, since Aura takes multiple hits to be depleted.

We would likely go with a conservative estimate for the bomb; it doesn't have to destroy 100% or 80% of the city. Ironwood was going to make it blow on Atlas, while not expecting that it would destabilize it.

If we're downgrading them based on shock value then the verse should be downgraded to 9-B due to Ruby being shocked that Penny stomped a bunch of fodder White Fang members in Volume 2
Penny looked like an innocent and naive lost girl, there is cause to be shocked that she is powerful. Also, White Fang grunts likely have their Aura unlocked due to lack of mutilation, so not neccessarily 9-B.

She didnt struggle to lift Penny, she struggled to use her Semblance because this was Volume 2 when she had zero mastery over it
Um... what? Ruby struggles to use her Semblance and therefore she makes pained faces and collapses on the ground while using it? Do you have evidence of this?
Ruby has mastered her Semblance enough to use it in conjunction with her scythe. It is not like she unlocked her Semblance the previous day. We clearly see Ruby straining when she started lifted Penny, and then straining while lifting her.

PIS at its finest when Sun a season earlier manhandled the Sea Feilong which was calced to have Class K weight
Using the snout of the dragon as a rein is not the same as lifting it. It takes a lot less effort to 'manhandle' a horse or a bull in a similar manner than it does to lift them.

Easily explainable as his bad luck semblance affecting him
Qrow's Semblance affects the environment; it does not make him spontaneously weaker for no reason.

Nora throwing Yang into orbit
Impact force no longer counts as Lifting Strength.

Yatsuhashi and Yang individually being able to stop the punches of Atlesian Paladins
Yatsuhashi holding up a cave-in
Elm lifting and throwing a Megoliath
Harriet being able to partially lift a heavier Alpha Megoliath
Vine restraining a Petra Gigas
Uncalc'd. If they yield Class K then that's cool.

Vine lifting an airship
No real evidence of lifting as the ships were already being piloted. He could simply be boarding the ships.

Back