• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - Second Half

This thread will be for any showings from the second half of the Volume.

Oscar: Energy Manipulation via Magic. Energy Absorption via The Long Memory. Also Oz should have Energy Manipulation on his Ozpin profile, as Oscar proves he can still do it even after giving away his magic. Not sure on the cane nuke if it will change his tier or not.

Ambrosius: Life Creation, Portal Manipulation, Pocket Dimension Creation, Dimensional Travel, Time Stop. Also the page for the Relic of Creation should be renamed to Ambrosius like Jinn is.

Salem: Unsure if reforming from the cane nuke constitutes a High for her regeneration, as it completely vaporized her and Hazel, and later she was shown to be reforming from a sphere of energy.

Penny: Still missing her Maiden Tier.

Winter: Should get the standard Maiden powers added to her profile.

If I'm missing any feel free to add.

Last edited:
Please elaborate regarding why these abilities should be added.

Last edited:
Please eöaborate regarding why these abilities should be added.
No problem. All these abilities were shown in the newest episode.

For Salem, she extends her hands to grab Emerald from escaping, launches a black sticky substance from her hand to bring Yang towards her, and creates glyphs to summon arms to restrain a group of people.

For Oscar, he uses an energy beam to attack Salem, and later creates an energy barrier.

For Hazel, every ability he used in his fight with Salem was due to injecting himself with Dust.

Hope this helps.

I think that we were supposed to remove the glyph creation ability. Haven't we done so already?

Anyway, I suppose that seems uncontroversial to apply then. What do you think Damage?

Multiple people have reservations about a CRT while the season is still airing and there are more fights to come (like five episodes that are expected to be action-packed), so the thread was created too soon by more than a month.

Posted my observation in the discussion thread, but here are the ones relevant for the CRT.
  • Ren can sense others through their emotions from a long distance using his evolved semblance, though this appears to have high Aura consumption (he masked a large crowd from Grimm for a considerable time). Jaune warned Ren that he doesn't have to drain himself to use his new sensory abilities, so this is legit weakness and not just an Aura inconsistency for the sake of plot.
  • The more Oscar uses Magic, the faster he merges with Ozpin.
  • Neo has Camoflauge
  • Ren Semblance turned him from an edgy pessimist to a wise empath; Social Influencing since he has a super power to understand others and is noted to now be capable of knowing 'the right thing to say'.
  • Salem's dress makes it unclear whether she can slide on the ground really fast using Grimm physiology or using very low-altitude flight.
  • Emerald can sense others with her Semblance, along with whether they have strong or weak minds.
  • Monstra has a loud scream, so Sound Manipulation.
  • Salem has Body Control (able to extend the length of her arms), Adhesive Manipulation (eject and manipulate sticky Grimm substance from her arms). Tier 7 durability for Salem is no longer sustainable due to recieving mutilating damage from Yang's bombs and Hazel's punches (So Ozpin is much more durable as he has Aura), but she has Type 2 Immortality (but the immortality has some limitation, as Hazel stated that Salem was once able to put herself back together within a few hours after his best attempt to kill her). She can summon Grimm arms from gylphs generated on the ground or walls.
  • Hazel can seemingly enhance his speed with Lightning Dust (lightning effect around his body as he was dodging Salem's ranged attacks), shoot fireballs and cover his fist/body with flames with Fire Dust, jump higher by stabbing Wind Dust into the ground, combine Rock Dust and Gravity Dust (I think) to create a giant spiked lump of rocks he can throw, and create a shield with Hard Light Dust.
  • A volume commentary mentioned that Ozpin's weapon 'can store time', so Oscar will probably use some Time Manipulation to temporarily incap Salem.

Okay. So should we wait with this after all then, or are these changes minor enough to be applied?

Once again, I understand if it was posted too soon, but I felt like the additions I posted were minor and could be added with no issue. I’m fine with closing this until the Volume is finished after these points are taken care of.

Glyph Creation is no longer a page on the wiki. So that can be removed.

The other abilities mentioned in the OP should be fine, though I think we should probably wait on revising Oscar's page tbh until we get a better description of what his abilities actually are right now.

Glyph Creation is no longer a page on the wiki. So that can be removed.

The other abilities mentioned in the OP should be fine, though I think we should probably wait on revising Oscar's page tbh until we get a better description of what his abilities actually are right now.
That's fine. If there are no objections I'll add Salem's and Hazel's and afterwards this can be closed until the Volume is over.

Edit: Its done.

Last edited:
I think we can give Salem a smoke form since she was able to transform into a cloud of smoke when she flew down to the vault, as well as flight. Maybe also upgrade Aura durability as a whole with Vine using his semblance to tank the explosion.
It would be a slight upgrade yes but more importantly it would be a featconsistent with how we treat aura durability

I think we can give Salem a smoke form since she was able to transform into a cloud of smoke when she flew down to the vault, as well as flight. Maybe also upgrade Aura durability as a whole with Vine using his semblance to tank the explosion.
She already has Smoke Manipulation and Flight on her profile. Also am fine with upgrading durability.

My old observations aside,

Gathered clips that will help us evaluate the sitch.

Okay, I think there is sufficient evidence that top-tier Huntsmen/Huntresses can somewhat keep up with the AP of Maidens.

We have Vine containing the nuke which would blow up Mantle with his Sembalance, in which case we need to speed up with calcs for Monstra's size and for the size of Mantle/Atlas.
We have Cinder failing to one-shot the protagonists. They can exchange multiple melee attacks with her and survive her ranged attacks, and Cinder had to put in effort in order to snap Jaune's sword. This is consistent with Ace Ops harming Maiden Penny, which we previously dismissed as Penny being an inexperienced Maiden but Winter is an inexperienced Maiden and she did fine.

There is also the issue that there is an other piercing anti-feat. This makes the fourth, despite keeping Aura on being described to be second nature for anyone with training.
  1. Adam stabbed Sienna
  2. Weiss' Queen Lancer summon stabbed Hazel (Miles confirmed that it momentarily pierced through his Aura)
  3. Cinder stabbed Vernal with her Grimm arm
  4. Cinder stabbed Penny with her Grimm arm
I think we should make piercing attacks a weakness, something like: "Sufficiently strong stabbing attacks can momentarily pierce through Aura without depleting it".

In addition, Ironwood's BFG (the bulky thing being designed to work by attaching the pistols to it looks kinda dumb, ngl) was prepared specifically to fight Maiden Penny if she refuses to cooperate, but Winter managed to block it with her Gylph and Ironwood survived it.

Qrow can now use Clover's charm to bring good luck, as he used this to stop the bomb from falling.

Does anyone know how much time between Ozpin's Cane blast and the finale? If it is a few hours it would be consistent with Hazel's statement that Salem took a few hours to regenerate form his best attempt to kill her, and implies that he managed to thoroughly blow up her body.

I agree that we should make the keys based on training instead of volume numbers.

There have been talk to upgrade Salem's and the god brother's regeneration to Low Godly. Will this be done here?

But yeah now theres more than enough evidence to scale the recent volumes cast to maidens or at least scale them to Penny's 7-C feat without the use of her maiden powers

A calc for the energy to destroy mantle would be nice

Back