• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - Second Half

Salem appeared to be distracted with a suppressed Aura when Yang damaged her.
Salem hasn't been shown to have Aura. Nor was it shown to be broken or damaged when Yang's explosives went off. Yet she still took significant physical damage which kinda contradict how aura works. She's just physically weaker than the explosives. Also how are you going to say she's distracted when she's attacking them and facing Yang?

The reason I went with it cause other characters who do this usually have shapeshifting on their profile. Like Alucard, can turn into mist and has shapeshifting.

But the justification for Alucard's Shapeshifting is that he can also transform into a wolf or a bat. An example for Elemental Intangability in the page is Smoker, whose signature ability is to transform into smoke.

So I changed shapeshifting to elemental intangibility since that was agreed to be more fitting. Also, I agree that the training and lifting strength should get their own thread. Does anyone have any abilities they would like to add to characters before that happens?

The only ones left I can see are Ren and Emerald’s evolution in their Semblance.

Also for Ironwood what should he get for his Semblance?

I suggested Social Influencing for Lie Ren since his Semblance allows him to understand others. His Semblance description should also get updated to mention that he can see emotions as colors and that he can sense emotions from a long distance.

Neo has Camoflauge. We should also look into changing the page's name to Neopolitan, since it is currently the official name.

Emerald gets Extrasensory Perception with Semblance, and update her Semblance description to mention that she can sense others with her Semblance, along with whether they have strong or weak minds.

These all seem good. One last thing I want to bring up, will the tier for the Staff change? Right now it’s 6-C for lifting Atlas, but since it was able to create an entire dimension will it be higher?

I suggested Social Influencing for Lie Ren since his Semblance allows him to understand others. His Semblance description should also get updated to mention that he can see emotions as colors and that he can sense emotions from a long distance.

Neo has Camoflauge. We should also look into changing the page's name to Neopolitan, since it is currently the official name.

Emerald gets Extrasensory Perception with Semblance, and update her Semblance description to mention that she can sense others with her Semblance, along with whether they have strong or weak minds.
Bump. Are these the only things left to be added?

Alright. I've added the abilities for Neo, Emerald and Ren. The only thing left is for someone to make the tier thread to discuss the Atlas upgrades and lifting strengths.

Bump. Added Penny and Winter's Maiden tiers. Can anyone create a new thread to discuss the Atlas upgrades, as well as the lifting strengths and speed?

Last edited:
This thread will be for any showings from the second half of the Volume.

Oscar: Energy Manipulation via Magic. Energy Absorption via The Long Memory. Also Oz should have Energy Manipulation on his Ozpin profile, as Oscar proves he can still do it even after giving away his magic. Not sure on the cane nuke if it will change his tier or not.

Ambrosius: Life Creation, Portal Manipulation, Pocket Dimension Creation, Dimensional Travel, Time Stop. Also the page for the Relic of Creation should be renamed to Ambrosius like Jinn is.

Salem: Unsure if reforming from the cane nuke constitutes a High for her regeneration, as it completely vaporized her and Hazel, and later she was shown to be reforming from a sphere of energy.

Penny: Still missing her Maiden Tier.

Winter: Should get the standard Maiden powers added to her profile.

If I'm missing any feel free to add.
I’m very late to this lol. Just finished Vol 8. I agree with everything in the OP except for energy absorption via the long memory.

We don’t know the process used to store energy in the cane and we also don’t know if that was Ozpin’s own ability or the cane’s ability. Let’s say Ruby held the cane, would she even be able to store energy in it? Probably not since that’s something Ozpin is specifically capable of doing.

As far as lifting strength......the show is extremely inconsistent with it. We have Sun struggling to push back a cart in the Volume 5 character short, Qrow failing to push a bomb (probably 300-400 pounds, nothing insane), Ruby struggling to carry Penny in Vol 2, and more that I don’t feel like writing down.

Granted there are extreme feats like Vol 1 Ruby with a Nevermore, HOWEVER at the end of the day we have NO idea how much a Grimm weighs. Grimm dissipate when killed, this could imply they are not that heavy. No clue either way.

There are lifting strength feats that Weekly posted, but again widely inconsistent in the show. Although for combat purposes they probably due display that kind of strength for “rule of cool” reasons.

I’m very late to this lol. Just finished Vol 8. I agree with everything in the OP except for energy absorption via the long memory.

We don’t know the process used to store energy in the cane and we also don’t know if that was Ozpin’s own ability or the cane’s ability. Let’s say Ruby held the cane, would she even be able to store energy in it? Probably not since that’s something Ozpin is specifically capable of doing.

As far as lifting strength......the show is extremely inconsistent with it. We have Sun struggling to push back a cart in the Volume 5 character short, Qrow failing to push a bomb (probably 300-400 pounds, nothing insane), Ruby struggling to carry Penny in Vol 2, and more that I don’t feel like writing down.

Granted there are extreme feats like Vol 1 Ruby with a Nevermore, HOWEVER at the end of the day we have NO idea how much a Grimm weighs. Grimm dissipate when killed, this could imply they are not that heavy. No clue either way.

There are lifting strength feats that Weekly posted, but again widely inconsistent in the show. Although for combat purposes they probably due display that kind of strength for “rule of cool” reasons.
Thanks for replying. And yeah, you're right that we don't know how it works, which is why instead there is only the standard Absorption on their pages.

Was this CRT ever excepted?

If so, can I get a summary of what was accepted? I want to review the changes before they are applied.

Back