• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ricsi It protects against being burned by lava but you still feel the heat of the lava, just like how Yatsu wasnt burned by sticking his head in a geyser but still felt the heat of it as evidenced by his scream of pain

I mean not really, you can put your hand near fire and not get burned since youre not actually touching the fire, but still feel intense heat, or put your hand inside a hot over without touching the metal. Thats pretty much what it is, they just feel the intense heat without being physically burned by it.

But... you do get burned if it's bad enough to hurt. You only start to feel the pain when it starts being damging. Only a little, a few cells on your skin, but still.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Well, yes, but feeling it but not being hurt kinda counters it passing through it.

They also feel headbutts afterall.
I use this example all the time.

You have a helmet on. Someone smashes a hammer against your head. Helmet doesn't break and you definitely still feel the pain.

Aura = helmet.

By that logic blunt attacks would causeinternal damage like they do against armor.

...Which is an alright assumption, I think Yang passed out with her aura still on (Not sure tough), but I doubt that weekly would agree to that.

Aura's regen and stuff is also responsible for healing those burn wounds and stuff, since RWBY characters essentially cant be penetrated through with their aura still active as long as they aren't overwhelmingly weaker.

Also aura depleting wasnt symbolised at all until the very first time in V3 with Merc vs Yang, So there is legit no way of telling whether anyone passing out before that had their aura depleted

I dont think aura can really be up while people arent conscious though, or at least forcibly unconcious rather than sleep, and Neo was ready to finish yang off with a stab, so im pretty sure her aura may have been down

That seems incorrect seeing as Merc could only have his leg broken after his aura went down...

Although props to demonstrating just how good aura is at protecting someone's body from that train scene in episode 1

WeeklyBattles said:
That seems incorrect seeing as Merc could only have his leg broken after his aura went down...
Although props to demonstrating just how good aura is at protecting someone's body from that train scene in episode 1
His totally, legitimately real flesh leg

Ye

As opposed to Dudley's arm which only got a bad bruise when it should have been shattered if not torn off completely from being caught between a speeding train and a tunnel entrance

True, especially since he's quite a big fodder

Would Dee and Dudley lower the bar for how strong a professional huntsman can be though, albeit noted to be fairly stupid ones

Nah, if anything theyre just comedic plot devices, two guys who are pro huntsmen but arent representative of what actual pro huntsmen are capable of

WeeklyBattles said:
As opposed to Dudley's arm which only got a bad bruise when it should have been shattered if not torn off completely from being caught between a speeding train and a tunnel entrance
That isn't really a feat; considering bringing a train to a complete stop only takes 9-A-9-A+ amounts of force.

Are we allowed to discuss Neo's AP description please?

Cause tbh i think her actual feats and showings in the show are more reliable than a On-the-spot WOG statement that occured before Volume 3 while Mercury had barely any fights

Gotta admit, that WoG doesn't look especially reliable for being the only thing mentioned for her AP. Surely she can have a better justication than that, right?

That should do it.

Though I'm confused - Ruby is 8-C+ from taking hits from Mercury who is supposedly High 8-C, and Ruby took a few hits from Neo who is supposedly High 8-C.

So why is Ruby rated as 8-C+ in terms of durability?

Either Ruby is rated too low, or Mercury and Neo are rated too highly.

Also, if Mercury's durability justification is he withstood 1.4848 tons of AP, then shouldn't he be 8-C+ instead of High 8-C?

@Damage The aura revisions will clean up the reasonings for taking hits from Neo and Mercury

She's 8-C+ in dura because she's 8-C+ physically

Merc and Neo scale to other High 8-Cs as well as curbstomping 8-C+s

Which High 8-C's do Mercury and Neo scale to in Vol. 1 - 3?

And I think you're being too generous with Mercury; he hardly curbstomped Yatsuhashi. In fact he kicked him full on in the face at one point and barely staggered him.

They clashed with each other multiple times over the course of their fight, so I'd say judging by that fight alone Mercury would be 8-C+ as well.

Mercury didn't take any damage from Yatsuhashi's 1.4 ton feat. He's was smiling the whole way and he wasn't even going all out.

Also Mercury took multiple hits from Yang who was using her Semblance. Yang in her Semblance can one shot 8-C+ and more.

Neo also blocked an attack from Yang who was using her Semblance as well.

WeeklyBattles said:
He scales to Pyrrha
And Pyrrha scales (directly) to Team CRDL and Mercury according to her profile.

I think a lot of the profiles are written to be too generous currently, using terms like "effortlessly" and "casually" when it doesn't need to.

I do agree that some justifications need to be change.

The stats are fine though, I'll start looking through the profiles right now.

While I don't doubt that Yang is physically the strongest on Team RWBY, such a statement would need a link on it to something proving it. Same "Should be the most durable member of Team RWBY."

The repeated usage of the word 'casually' on Mercury's profile don't convince me that he is High 8-C for beating Yatsu and blocking his attack; if anything it's just solid evidence he's 8-C+ but to a higher degree than Yatsu.

Also, I don't get where "Mercury effortlessly pushed back Yatsu's 8-C+" attack comes from; sure, Mercury blocked it and pushed him back, but I feel like we're making too many assumptions when we say he did it effortlessly to justify a higher rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back