• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

They'll probably need a render for a transparent background, but if they are portraits with similar artstyle that would be great.
A preview could be made by copying the profile into a sandbox and switching the picture, but just uploading the images into an Imgur gallery will do.

As for the trailer, I am not buying that Cinder is getting development. There is a blood splash on the wall near Cinder, so a redshirt dies? Amity Communications Tower is incomplete, so how will they get it running without a sizable timeskip, and where will they get the resources from? It is weird that Salem is specifically asking for Oscar to learn how the Lamp works when Ruby said that her team used it, so Oscar is separated?

They'll probably need a render for a transparent background, but if they are portraits with similar artstyle that would be great.
A preview could be made by copying the profile into a sandbox and switching the picture, but just uploading the images into an Imgur gallery will do.

As for the trailer, I am not buying that Cinder is getting development. There is a blood splash on the wall near Cinder, so a redshirt dies? Amity Communications Tower is incomplete, so how will they get it running without a sizable timeskip, and where will they get the resources from? It is weird that Salem is specifically asking for Oscar to learn how the Lamp works when Ruby said that her team used it, so Oscar is separated?
I don't think its blood. And I already have the transparent backgrounds.

Tbh the 5-A feat felt kinda iffy. If it was wiping out all humans on Remnant and raining it with moon fragments then that'd be grounds for "at least High 6-A" imo

I didn't mean the actual world creating feat, just the wiping out all humanity feat.
Creating Remnant > 5-A
Literal omnicide > At least High 6-A
That's what I think at least
The Brothers are probably getting upgraded to 3-A/Low 2-C soon anyways so idk why it mattered lol

Literal omnicide > At least High 6-A

The humanity-wiping attack was less High 6-A and more an applied hax (Deconstruction) at a range. Namely, you have absolutely zero damage done to the environment on Remnant, or even any animals other than humans. Even at the epicenter.

5-A is extremely solid as it stands. They are implied to have created all of Remnant, they outright state they'll destroy the planet (granted, without a given timeframe) if humanity fails them a second time, and they just have the direct feat of shattering the moon via moving.

Finished Volume 7, finally.
  • It slaps. Better than Volumes 5 and 6 put together, action scenes near the end were icing on the cake, even if the Ace Ops were really underdeveloped and rushed, IMO. It's kind of like the reverse of Volume 6, it's sluggish at the beginning and continues to get more and more hyped up, with actual important plot developments happening near the end instead of "old lady is very pissed at team, brings out the Atlas equivalent of a WMD, hilarity ensues". On to what I think should be changed.
  • Scaling / Major Tier Upgrades
    • Overall, nothing crazy. There's a few good feats but sort of nothing past what we already have.
    • RWBY, JNR, Oscar : Go through another round of training. We're kind of getting a trend where every two Volumes they train, get stronger. Miles and Kerry channeling shounen energy here. The training doesn't actually give them a new tier or very much upscaling purely based on feats - however if we see new feats in Volume 8 that the crew scales to this is where we will likely cut the line. Oscar has a feat where he busts some inordinate amount of rock but that probably doesn't scale to anyone because of him slowly regaining Ospin's power/memories.
    • Penny : Penny 2.0 scales to or above the Ace Ops and current cast. T-Poses on Cinder until she brings out Maiden powers. Resists temperatures that freeze through Aura and is straight-up freezing air solid.
    • Winter : T-Poses on Cinder until Maiden powers comes in like basically everyone on the show at this point. Should scale to Vol 7 crew if she doesn't already.
    • Watts : Fights evenly with Ironwood, both physically and with weapons. Has a bunch of powers that will be described below.
    • Fria : T-Poses on Cinder like basically every other Maiden at this point. Makes shit very cold, but doesn't really do anything above what we say Maidens are at right now.
    • Ace Operatives : All are High 8-C and scale some amount above the end-of-volume-6 crew. They're the best huntsmen in Atlas and represent, alongside prime Grimm Reaper, the absolute peak of huntsmen scaling/tiering. And team RWBY beats them in a evenly-matched fight at the end of the Volume.
    • Thicc Grimm Mammoth : >>> End-of-Volume 7 Penny and Ruby. It required Penny to heat its tusk to red-hot temperatures and Ruby tripping it up onto its own tusk to actually put it down. ***** on an Ace-Op and nearly stomps her to death. Penny couldn't even lift it, which I think is an anti-feat for Class K huntsmen but that debate's for later.
    • Grimm Whale : ******* huge. It causes a storm around itself just by moving around, is larger than Atlas. No idea what tier this is but it probably pisses all over the Wyvern as the strongest Grimm creature now.
Too tired to think more than that. I'll tackle ability upgrades later. Just off of the top of my head Weiss has a ton of new moves, Jaune can utilize his shield as a dust conduit, Yang now uses sticky grenades a ton, Blyke can replace herself with air.

Is anyone here working on the Volume 7 revisions + what I've heard about Volume 1 upgrades? I'm thinking of posting a thread to cover adding in values from a new calc from Rusty, adding in abilities and descriptions + profiles for Volume 7 (Ace Ops profiles mainly), there's a few ratings I'd like to challenge due to antifeats in Volume 7 and issues with the calc (namely lifting strength), and I'd like to remove the 8-A rating for Ice Dust due to how dust is demonstrated to work messing with how that feat was calculated.

Is anyone here working on the Volume 7 revisions + what I've heard about Volume 1 upgrades? I'm thinking of posting a thread to cover adding in values from a new calc from Rusty, adding in abilities and descriptions + profiles for Volume 7 (Ace Ops profiles mainly), there's a few ratings I'd like to challenge due to antifeats in Volume 7 and issues with the calc (namely lifting strength), and I'd like to remove the 8-A rating for Ice Dust due to how dust is demonstrated to work messing with how that feat was calculated.
Probably should just wait until V8's done and key it all in same key. At least for anything concerning V7.

They're 5-A for fragmenting the moon
Hold the **** up
Wouldn't the moon fragmentation feat be 5-C instead of 5-A, since it's a moon?
Or is Remnant the size of a star now?
The Brothers are 5-A for creating the planet yes, but moon fragmentation is 5-C no matter what way you look at it.

5-C is destroying the moon via GBE. iirc almost no calced moon-busting feats actually end up at 5-C.

Oh yeah that happened. Still kinda pissed about it. Like you could still find the full volumes 1-5 in youtube movie for free but you can’t watch them separate by chapters now. Volume 6 on the other hand seems to be paid youtube movie only now. Though it seems like there are still quite a few unofficial volume 7 chapters on youtube. But still kind of a dick move to just remove all the episodes from YouTube.

Thankfully I can still use screen recording software to rip feats from RT's website, but I'll prioritize reuploads on YouTube for feat collection as a little way to voice my complaints with Rooster Teeth giving the middle finger to their majority audience.

Oh yeah that happened. Still kinda pissed about it. Like you could still find the full volumes 1-5 in youtube movie for free but you can’t watch them separate by chapters now. Volume 6 on the other hand seems to be paid youtube movie only now. Though it seems like there are still quite a few unofficial volume 7 chapters on youtube. But still kind of a dick move to just remove all the episodes from YouTube.
Did you not read the blog post? Its pretty obvious why they'd remove it.

Thankfully I can still use screen recording software to rip feats from RT's website, but I'll prioritize reuploads on YouTube for feat collection as a little way to voice my complaints with Rooster Teeth giving the middle finger to their majority audience.
Majority of their audience isn't from YouTube. I understand why you'd think that but that isn't true.

okay guys, today is the day we waited for so long, let's not spoil anything, have fun/enjoy and just see how our heroes will handle this desperate situation.

Interesting things:

So first Atlas won’t fall even if the Staff is removed, only when it is used for something else. So not only does that imply infinite range but it can also create anything as well. I think the Staff might be the strongest Relic. Can’t wait to see the Sword.

The whale having a docking bay is hilarious and also man is it massive. Salem seems to be controlling the whale and everything outside with her magic.
Also in the intro, it shows her with wings.

Back