• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

Remember RT never planed a timeline until vol 8
I’m pretty certain that the writers said that Vol 4 was a couple months after Vol 3, Vol 5 starts in Mistral where Vol 4 left off so that’s guaranteed (Blake’s story is a couple of months behind the main story there though).

And we know in the story that Vol 6 is right after the events of vol 5, while Vol 7 takes place instantly after Vol 6 with Vol 8 being the same.

Oh and Blake had absolutely no training upgrade between Vol 3-6 at all. She fought the White Fang and that’s it. No training for any strength upgrade to catch up with the “supposed” strength upgrade with the rest of the cast.

Last edited:
Which makes no sense because Blake and Sun did nothing in order to properly scale to the rest of the cast, other than simply fighting side by side later on....for no reason.

Which is why I am saying (along with everything else) that there is no real strength upgrade, only skill ones.

Vernal one shot an incomplete form of Weiss’ summon (Weiss was in the process of creating it).
It being incomplete means nothing, did you ignore what I said? A single arm stomped a Paladin, which needed the combined effort of Team RWBY to defeat a prototype. It was incomplete yet it was still vastly stronger than Weiss, and Ruby believed Cinder was about to kill Jaune with that attack in Volume 5.

Also Pyrrha could not help Ozpin during the fight with Cinder, with him stating she'd only get in his way.

Your literally saying the Maiden powers don't increase anything, even though we've seen it increase a person's strength and perform feats higher than anything else in the series.

I don't really care about RWBY anymore, so this is going to be my last post on this thread, don't know why I replied in the first place.

The singular arm of the summon in Vol 3 was still “complete” in that it was finished being summoned, only that portion was however. The one in vol 5 was not completely summoned, therefore weaker.

The Paladin that took RWBY to fight all together, yes that is consistent with CFVY, Nora, Ren, Sun, Neptune, and Weiss all fighting the same Paladin that Weiss was able to one shot with her summon.

I am not saying that Maiden powers don’t increase anything, I am saying that not all Maiden attacks are the same. They range from being the same tier as everyone else (Ruby tanking a direct blast from Cinder without her aura breaking) to shaking all of Haven academy (also Vol 5).

Everyone should be the same tier with certain abilities granting them more strength than others.

Like Yang with Semblance should be stronger than Qrow and the same with Weiss and her semblance. While Hazel gets an increase with dust injections.

Maiden powers range and all their attacks are not consistent, some are small blasts that the whole cast can tank while others clearly not. Their durability overall though is the same because the cast has been shown to damage then repeatedly.

Didnt Blake spend her timeskip time training alone in the ruins of Vale fighting off grimm that lived there?
Showing Blake run around a destroyed Vale is no indication that she spent like a day there running away from everyone. She was injured being stabbed then ran away, which is consistent with Yang saying that Blake ran.

We don’t know when Blake ran away, but we can assume that it was while she was still at Beacon since that where we see her by herself.

Didnt Blake spend her timeskip time training alone in the ruins of Vale fighting off grimm that lived there?
I don't believe so, but its doesn't really matter since there's no obligation to answer what everyone was doing in those 6-8 months.

All that you to do is show they got stronger. You don't have to explain how or why that's not your job. And its not particularly relevant to the that they did get stronger.

Would the Long Memory’s explosion be scaled to Low 7-B since it was able to annihilate Salem who currently has Low 7-B durability on her profile.
Didn't she got her head caved in with a punch from Hazel? The show ***** up the scaling or she got weaker somehow

Ignoring the part above the shield tanked the explosion while Cinder overwhelmed Ozpin while he was using it, which is consistent with the calcs (Raven = 516 kt; Long Memory = 554 kt)

Forgot to mention that Yang destroyed her chest too IIRC so probably they really ****** the scaling there or she got weaker after so long :v

I mean if she actually used her magic to make a shield like Oz then her durability would be higher, but due to immortality she doesn’t give a shit and decides not to bother.

Didn't she got her head caved in with a punch from Hazel? The show ***** up the scaling or she got weaker somehow

Ignoring the part above the shield tanked the explosion while Cinder overwhelmed Ozpin while he was using it, which is consistent with the calcs (Raven = 516 kt; Long Memory = 554 kt)

Forgot to mention that Yang destroyed her chest too IIRC so probably they really ****** the scaling there or she got weaker after so long :v
The scaling isn't really contradicted. There's not wrong with Yang being to harm Salem since there wasn't anything saying she couldn't.

I mean if she actually used her magic to make a shield like Oz then her durability would be higher, but due to immortality she doesn’t give a shit and decides not to bother.
Yeah there's no real contradiction of her being affected by like MCB levels attacks or lower. Especially since she never fought before now.

The scaling isn't really contradicted. There's not wrong with Yang being to harm Salem since there wasn't anything saying she couldn't.
.... Are we following the same scaling the wiki has? She is tier 7, there is no way in hell yang could have done what is essentially a one shot unless 1) her durability is shit 2) yang negates dura with explosions 3) PIS

Even if you upgrade her to tier 7 right now scaling to cinder she would be 5x weaker than Salem.

Saying "ohhh there is not anything saying they can't harm her" is dumb and ignores basic scaling like come on

Back