• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"A few of these are perched atop our walls for Grimm invasions from the negative emotions of Miss Katt's design team and customer support dealing with victims of Mr. Arc's emotes. But, after these past few months... let's just say we'll be safe once the additional 50 lasers we ordered from General Ironwood arrive."

Another description that calls that hard-light powered turrents lasers.

"Fires a laser that pierces through all enemies."

They actually state it twice in the card info too.

I asked this question before, what Velvet is producing is hard light “constructs” which you explicitly noted was different from hard light in its natural state.

Can you prove what Velvet is firing is the raw state of hard light dust instead of a construct of Penny’s weapons? Especially considering she’s doing this through a hard light construct of Penny’s weapons.

Is cannot just be baselines assumed she’s firing it in its natural state if she’s just using the construct of Penny’s weapons.

Hard light dust in its natural state seems to just be a literal flash of light like Velvet’s camera, not the light blue constructs being produced.
Ive already explained this, the beam is the raw state of hard light dust, the constructs are the processed version, just like how fire dust in its raw state is fire while its processed state is an explosive

Ive already explained this, the beam is the raw state of hard light dust, the constructs are the processed version, just like how fire dust in its raw state is fire while its processed state is an explosive
Basically the weapons and anything that would normally be sold is hard light but the laser was colored differently then the solid holograms and wasn't solid as it went pass the and covered the robot like Penny's lasers would

Where is this stated that the beams are the raw state of hard light dusts. The beam Velvet fired is from the constructed and processed version of Penny’s weapons. So why can’t the beam Velvet fires just be the “processed version” of Penny’s laser beam.

I see no mention that laser beams themselves are hard light dust in its raw natural state.

Where is this stated that the beams are the raw state of hard light dusts. The beam Velvet fired is from the constructed and processed version of Penny’s weapons. So why can’t the beam Velvet fires just be the “processed version” of Penny’s laser beam.

I see no mention that laser beams themselves are hard light dust in its raw natural state.
Actually hazel has used hard light dust in his overdose dust form and it make a forcefield abound himself (hazel using hard light dust in its raw form)

So it's probably lightning dust powering the lasers like how electricity powers lasers

There is probably no statement about those laser beams being hard light dust in its natural state.

Them being light speed seems just like an reach, and without an actual statement about their speed, I'm leaning towards disagreement.

There is probably no statement about those laser beams being hard light dust in its natural state.

Them being light speed seems just like an reach, and without an actual statement about their speed, I'm leaning towards disagreement.
It's made from technology, called a laser and photon cannon in universe via a in universe mobile game made by Atlas scientists, reflected off a flat sheet of ice

Idk but to me that's two check marks

So it's probably lightning dust powering the lasers like how electricity powers lasers
I think he is asking for confirmation on what the lasers themselves are made of and not what they are powered by (fictional energy can power up any kind of attacks).

I think he is asking for confirmation on what the lasers themselves are made of and not what they are powered by (fictional energy can power up any kind of attacks).
Well we have no idea, the standard assumption would be photons

Dust is quite literally named after its raw state boyo, all Dust in RWBY is a respective natural element

"Shoots a laser into a target for a set amount of time"

Another laser mention

"Shoots a laser into a target for a set amount of time"

Another laser mention
The lore of that one outright says its a particle beam

"Flashes to the target location."

Probably a stretch but worth a shot.

i want SOL RWBY as much as yall do, but you're digging yourself a grave by not giving screenshot evidence
I'm littearly considering buying the offical board game just to see if they have any descriptions of moving at the speed of light lol

i did not ask about that, i asked for screenshots/video clips/gifs in the show proving the lasers are SOL
everyone keeps telling you to post these things showing qualities of lasers that prove its speed of light, and every single time, you three are so adamant about telling and not showing, and expecting us to just accept your word as gospel

its exhausting seeing you being so unwilling to do the most obvious shit that will actually get people to believe your side of the argument

everyone keeps telling you to post these things showing qualities of lasers that prove its speed of light, and every single time, you three are so adamant about telling and not showing, and expecting us to just accept your word as gospel
Because the evidence has been posted multiple times in this thread, yall just dont feel like looking and just tell us to repost the same stuff over and over again without bothering to listen

Or the evidence you provide is insufficient, how about instead of claiming everyone who disagrees didn’t bother looking maybe prove there’s light speed statements in the first place
The evidence posted is more than sufficient my guy, it is more evidence than 90% of the current lightspeed verses have

How about instead of arguing something you know absolutely nothing about you let the actual knowledgeable members discuss things and keep your words to yourself.

"It is the desire to preserve life which fuels the light inside you. And make no mistake, it is light. Preservation is an extension of creation, or, at the very least, an enemy of destruction."

This is said by Maria Calaveria, a previous user of the Silver Eyes. She describes it as light.
This should be much better evidence, unless I'm missing something.

Or the evidence you provide is insufficient, how about instead of claiming everyone who disagrees didn’t bother looking maybe prove there’s light speed statements in the first place
gonna ask a real stupid question, since i am not really familiar with the series. Why do the characters use bullheads to cross long distances then?

gonna ask a real stupid question, since i am not really familiar with the series. Why do the characters use bullheads to cross long distances then?
why do people use vehicles to get around in any verse with FTL feats?

even if they're casually moving at light speed there's still conservation of energy at play, characters would be constantly worn out if they were zipping around from place to place outside of combat at FTL speeds

I should state that it is heavily implied that Silver Eyes come from the God of Light. Again, God of Light.

@WeeklyBattles The amount of people including staff and calculation members being neutral to disagreeing tells me otherwise.

Tone down the attitude Weekly. Do I need to remind you that you’re on thin ice with your status here?

The Two Brothers

"The Two Brothers is a fairy tale detailing more information on the Brother Gods. As detailed in the story, in the beginning of time, a lone Dragon traveled the universe in search of other beings like himself. Overcome with loneliness, the Dragon decided to create one himself. Despite being all powerful, even the Dragon had to split its magic in half – into two symmetrical forms, one of light and the other of shadow. Each side thought one was the original and the other was the copy. Despite different personalities, they were ever only complete when they were together."

And I should mention that Oz states that every fairy tail is true as well in V3.

Of course, this leads into the argument of whether the God of Light's light is actual light, but the creation as I mentioned above heavily implies that the God of Light actually made the light in Remnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back