• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Discussion Thread

So, it seems like Salem is going after the rest of the Maidens, seeing as how she was having Tyrian (The crazy guy) go after the Spring Maiden, but decided to have him go after Ruby instead. I wonder what she could be doing with their power.

Cinder, to my dismay, is alive, but incapable of speaking (Since it hurts her throat too much) and lost an eye. Durability upgrade?

Also, if the opening is anything to go by, there's going to be a lot of new characters int his volume, not the least of which being what looks like Blake's father and brother.

New season looks total bad assery. New characters and I'm extremely excited to see what our new villains are going to be able to do.

I'm happy this comes out on the weekend otherwise I would be devasted that I wouldn't be able to watch it until then.

Also, I'm a little surprised how protective Mercury was of Cinder.

@Drellix: Didn't Cinder bail Mercury out in one of Mercury's critical situations or something? It was something in regards to Mercury killing his abusive dad I think.

@TE: I guess Cinder barely survived that attack with the Silver Eyes thing, but is it enough for an upgrade to Low 7-C? Considering Silver Eyes is at Low 7-C and it did critical damage to Cinder and all. Perhaps "Likely Low 7-C" might do.

Hmm, now I wonder. Is it a valid reason to scale Cinder to the Grimm Dragon, who is at Low 7-C?

If it is a valid reason, instead of changing the tiering for Cinder, perhaps the reasoning "survived an attack where the Grimm Dragon could not" should be added to Cinder's profile. This is because:

• The Grimm Dragon was killed by the Silver Eyes while Cinder Fall survived with some injuries.

@Aiden: It would be reasonable to conclude that Cinder Fall > Grimm Dragon due to her having major influence over it, if not outright controlling it.

However, the main reason that Cinder Fall > Grimm Dragon is due to the fact that Cinder tanked an attack that caused the dragon to die, although we aren't exactly sure if the Silver Eyes is just a regular attack, or if it is specically effective against Grimm creatures.

I'm not entirely caught up with/know the most about RWBY, but according to the profiles it says Pyrrha fought Cinder with Maiden Powers, who's Low 7-C. So should Pyrrha get upgraded from her current 8-A rating?

Well if Maiden Cinder has Small Town level dura according to the profile via survivng Silver Eyes, and Pyrrah is capable of fighting against her in combat, then that seems to be pretty straightforward.

Cinder batted away almost all of Pyrrha's attacks with a smile. She wasn't pressured in the slightest for the greater part of the fight. She gets no upgrade for fighting Cinder.

Yeah, the only time she had any possible advantage over Cinder was when she sneak attacked her with the gears, and even then Cinder wasnt even injured, just pissed off.

@Ryu: Was this feat from the newest episode of RWBY? Now I am interested.

Anyways, if what you said is true, the it does make sense to upgrade Nora via scaling from Cinder, although we did see that Cinder was suffering from injuries back in episode 1...

Once again I'm not knowledgable on RWBY, I'm going by what Pyrrah's profile says.

If the page was referring to this scene however, then I agree that there isn't much to suggest Pyrrah was giving Cinder a decent fight.

I watched the first episode, and the villains talked about how Cinder shouldn't have had trouble surviving silver eyes even without the fall maiden's powers. So, wouldn't this place her at low 7C even in base? Salem even said that the Fall maiden's powers are what lead to the injury, and it was because they had a specific (unrevealed) weakness.

I'm guessing it'll be something like the Fall maiden is weak to ice/freezing, because of how Winter overtakes Fall.

Also, Jaune was dodging attacks from the new Grimm that had the combat speed to block blows from the rest of team RNJR, and even outpaced one of its swings in a dodge-roll, so could he be upgraded (or get a new key) to have mhs reactions and short burst speed?

What are you talking about, Ice/freezing? The Dragon is NOT frozen in ice. I'm tired of this, the Dragon is a STATUE, it was turned to stone. Ruby doesn't have ice powers, Cinder is weak to the power of the Silver eyes not Ice. Fall Maidens HAVE Ice Powers as Amber showed.

Did you see the intro, the Dragon is stone.

They repeatedly refer to it as being frozen, so I'm going to call it "freezing", whether it's frozen just in the sense of being unable to move, or turned to ice doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned. She was just stated to have a weakness, not to be weak to the silver eyes specifically. I simply think a weakness to ice powers and/or "freezing" would make sense, as the coming of Winter "freezes" things ending the Fall, and silver eyes "freezes" things in one way or another. Also, having a power doesn't mean you can't be weak to it.

Might be a bit hostile, might not be, but I'd just like to remind you guys to take a chill pill.

Also, yeah, they repeatedly said that the dragon was frozen, but that could be interpreted in different ways, like timestop for example.

Also, I'm on board with MHS Jaune, also the team is JNRR. Lol.

I was trying to be clear not rude and apologies if I came off as hostile. Also I thank you for your response, it's just your words seem to line with Ruby have Ice powers.

But I need to point out the Dragon was petrified, in the opening it was clearly a statue.

I agree with the Jaune speed upgrade.

Also it was stated that Cinder should have been able to beat Ruby without the Maiden's power as Ruby was a novice as Blahblah said.

Not 100 percent on board with Before Maiden power Cinder as small town level but would like to mention that Ruby's Silver eye power were called novice level. That makes me wonder just how strong are the Silver Eye Warriors?

Also should Qrow, Glynda, and Ironwood be upgraded as well? Ozpin asked for their assistance to fight with him against Fall Maiden Cinder. Would that make them comparable, I can't see them being that much weaker then Ozpin.

Well no doubt the power of Silver Eyes depends on experience.

And that comparison could be having them as support roles. Although it could also work that way. We're not sure just yet.

Either way as someone who went critical over the first episode, I really like what I see so far and hope they keep going. The combat animation was definitely much better than expected if compared to the Opening and the Gorilla trailer and I only had a few nitpicks. But by god that giant head scene just felt off and awkward ot me. More so than Blake's fearful look on the opening.

I would like to mention that Ozpin told Pyrrha she would just get in his way when she offered her assistance to fight Cinder. Yet he found Orow and the others helpful to him.

At the very least, even if they could only slightly hurt her that would still be a upgrade.

Like I said I can't see them being that much weaker then Ozpin. Especially since Cinder ran from Qrow after obtaining half of the Maiden's power, and Glynda seem to match Cinder in episode 1.

Sorry if I'm coming off as annoying.

Glynda matching Cinder in the first episode isn't really anything as neither of them got hit by any attacks except for Cinder casually blocking Ruby's bullets.

And I don't think we should scale Qrow or Glynda to Ozpin at all, if that's what's being discussed. They don't have anything backing up that upgrade.

We should wait if Jaune shows more feats in combat to see if Jaune is qualified to be on the same speed level as Ruby and the rest.

Although "Likely MHS" would be an acceptable rating.

Back