• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, so the Long Memory is 7-A and vaporizes characters comparable to Maidens.

Why wouldn’t it also just vaporize the Maidens. Hazel is never portrayed as that much weaker than them when using dust injections.

No Salem and Hazel do need inverse square, since they aren't at the center according to you.

Are you listening? Oscar and Salem have a distance of 7 meters, they both can't be in the center.
Rusty, my guy, this feels more like an issue for the standards of explosion calcs atm, because there are a LOT of verses that do not use inverse square in cases like this and that i have been directly told do not need inverse square. I can get other calc members in here to confirm this if you would like, but inverse square is not necessary for Oscar, hazel, or salem, they would all scale to the full yield.

Ok, so the Long Memory is 7-A and vaporizes characters comparable to Maidens.

Why wouldn’t it also just vaporize the Maidens. Hazel is never portrayed as that much weaker than them when using dust injections.
Because the maidens scale above hazel and can break shields that can withstand the 7-A blast.

Basically the beam of ke hit Salem and Hazel head on and the blast started from where the beam of KE hit aka Salem and Hazel
That would means the inverse square law applies to shield, which I labeled above. As Salem and Hazel are in the center.

@WeeklyBattles

You are not making any sense right now. Please tell me where is the center of the explosion. I'll explain this as best as I can.

Rusty, my guy, this feels more like an issue for the standards of explosion calcs atm, because there are a LOT of verses that do not use inverse square in cases like this and that i have been directly told do not need inverse square. I can get other calc members in here to confirm this if you would like, but inverse square is not necessary for Oscar, hazel, or salem, they would all scale to the full yield.
Inverse square law can't be overlooked here.

As Rusty said, they can't both be at the center of the explosion.

Basically the beam of ke hit Salem and Hazel head on and the blast started from where the beam of KE hit aka Salem and Hazel
Wait so why can’t we inverse square law Oscar’s shield then? The explosion started 7 meters away from him if it started at Salem and Hazel.

The explosion started somewhere.

You are not making any sense right now. Please tell me where is the center of the explosion. I'll explain this as best as I can.
image.png

This is the center of the explosion

Can you show Salem actually causing this with her own power and it not just being a product of the Grimm themselves?
At the end of v6, during the after credit scene, we can see Salem manipulating the Grimm pools with her power. As in she is raising the sludge. Furthermore, Grimm sludge have never been shown to ever behave in such a way before. Most of the time they are very slow and crawling, barely moving at all. It also doesn’t help that the Grimm river doesn’t have any real body parts to even perform the feat. From a physics based stand point, a bunch of liquid just shooting up in the air without any external force just doesn’t make any sense.

We also see Salem perform TK in a flash back against a Nevermore and by breaking the windows in her castle.

They were on the outskirts of the blast, while Oscar, salem, and hazel were at the heart of it

The blast began either on top of Oscar or on top of Hazel/Salem. It then expand from that point and hit the other party, then expanded further to kill the whale and everything else.

We are asking on which party did the blast start.

The blast began either on top of Oscar or on top of Hazel/Salem. It then expand from that point and hit the other party, then expanded further to kill the whale and everything else.

We are asking on which party did the blast start.
Ye, watch the clip i just posted, the epicenter of the blast is quite literally the size of monstra

15 seconds in shows a good shot of it as well

Ye, watch the clip i just posted, the epicenter of the blast is quite literally the size of monstra
How is that possible? It’s kinetic energy, it would have started at one point then expanded to the size that killed Monstra, not immediately been the size of Monstra in 0 seconds; that breaks the speed formula.

It became the size of Monstra, but the size had to start somewhere, no matter how big it seemed to be when fully shown.

Inverse-square law does not apply to the outskirts of explosions only.
Then yall got a lot of downgrades to help me with because i both made multiple revisions using this logic and told people that that was the standard because thats what i was told by several calc members

Also going to say because the explosion was inside the whale, the whale definitely made the blast weaker as it had to blast through the whale to even get to the size of the explosion it was

A explosion In open air is bigger then a blast that is inside a house

If Salem and Hazel are at the center, Oscar's shield durability would need the inverse square law. Both Oscar and Salem cannot be at the center.

No CRT is needed Weekly, I'm pretty sure you're just wrong here. I think you're under a heavy misunderstanding here.

Bring these calc group members here, I'd like to hear their opinion. And link what they told you as well, I'm certain this can all be explained to you.

Salem and Hazel were vaporized by the blast. If you're saying the epicenter of the blast is on top of Salem and Hazel. That means Oscar's shield needs the inverse square law. That energy would scale to Cinder since we're currently saying she broke Ozpin's shield.

If Oscar's shield is the center of the explosion and scales to the full value, Salem and Hazel needs the inverse square law. Though the scaling falls apart here.

The center of the explosion is not the size of Monstra Weekly. Explosions start off as a small point and rapidly expands. It literally cannot be the size of Monstra.

This. There is no possible way the explosions STARTED as the size of Monstra. It very clearly began as a small point from where Oscar detonated it.

In pretty sure if we had another island level feat then I assume the large island level feat would be accepted?

This. There is no possible way the explosions STARTED as the size of Monstra. It very clearly began as a small point from where Oscar detonated it.
It's physically not even possible.

All explosions start as a small point and rapidly expand.

It seems like Weekly is under the mistaken assumption that the diameter of the explosion is the center of the blast?

Here we see, at 22:50, Salem manipulating grimm sludge on her own power.

Here, at 10:30, we see Salem TK the windows around her throne room with her sheer rage alone.

At 20:50, we see Salem and Ozma perform TK and a nevermore, crushing it into a ball like it was nothing.

Thus, there is clear precedent for Salem using TK.

And again, I will say that, yes, Salem can command Grimm to do her bidding. However, she can only command them to do what is physically possible for them to do. Like, if she asked Monstra to move at like 100,000 MPH, the poor thing would try it's best, but it is not simply capable of doing so.

And again, I will say that, yes, Salem can command Grimm to do her bidding. However, she can only command them to do what is physically possible for them to do. Like, if she asked Monstra to move at like 100,000 MPH, the poor thing would try it's best, but it is not simply capable of doing so.
For all we know the Grimm sludge is capable of doing this on its own power.

The Grimm River, while made up of a bunch of monsters, is ultimately just a river. No body parts to jump off of or any muscle to condense to spring it up in the air. Somebody has to be causing it.

Furthermore, based on previous acts of grimm sludge, we know that it barely moves at all. When Monstra upchucks a pool of it on Atlas, it stays in place, not moving an inch while grimm are formed out of it. Since this is a hostile takeover, the sludge would be compelled to reach out towards the army like a giant tidal wave and dissolve them like acid.

I don't believe it can.

Salem controls it and gives the Grimm intelligence. The only thing we've seen the sludge do... is nothing. It just lays there and Grimm come out of it. Salem has to manipulate it, there is nothing to suggest this is a natural thing the sludge can do. I find the thought that this is just the sludge as silly.

I personally believe Salem controls and threw it up into the area. It being an outlier is a different issue. I'm not entering that debate.

I don't believe it can.

Salem controls it and gives the Grimm intelligence. The only thing we've seen the sludge do... is nothing. It just lays there and Grimm come out of it. Salem has to manipulate it, there is nothing to suggest this is a natural thing the sludge can do. I find the thought that this is just the sludge is silly.

I personally believe Salem controls and threw it up into the area. It being an outlier is a different issue. I'm not entering that debate.
As for it being an outlier, Salem is noted to be the strongest character in the series by her magic prowess. Narratively, she's the big bad. So, it would make sense for her of all people to pull out this kind of strength.

Actually no, the director's commentary for volume 8 confirms that she was actively manipulating it, she just had Monstra spawn the liquid and then she actively manipulated it to attack Atlas.

Actually no, the director's commentary for volume 8 confirms that she was actively manipulating it, she just had Monstra spawn the liquid and then she actively manipulated it to attack Atlas.
You're going to need to provide a source / clip.

As for it being an outlier, Salem is noted to be the strongest character in the series by her magic prowess. Narratively, she's the big bad. So, it would make sense for her of all people to pull out this kind of strength.
^This

Aside from the actual gods, Salem is the strongest character in the verse (Despite being a glass cannon), its kinda hard to call the strongest character in the verse having a high-tier feat an outlier

Back