• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medeus and Agnaa are correct. WHAM should never ever be used except against spam trolls, who have only contributed in this manner.

Theuser789 said:
Dude, all I did was say that it was non sense, that isn't report worthy at all dude
Sorry, my apologies. No hard feelings, I just felt like bringing it up was all in case it needed to be looked into. I still apologize.

There isn't anything report worthy. I do agree that he does need to chill out a little bit as a simple question shouldn't be something to get upset over, but absolutely nothing warranted an RVR report here.

Sorry, my apologies. No hard feelings, I just felt like bringing it up was all in case it needed to be looked into. I still apologize.

Just try to report actual rule violations next time and it will be fine

And I wasn't upset, I was just being blunt because I already seen that over and over again

DarkDragonMedeus said:
There isn't anything report worthy. I do agree that he does need to chill out a little bit as a simple question shouldn't be something to get upset over, but absolutely nothing warranted an RVR report here.
Thinking the same thing.

Anyways, lets move on from here.

He has apparently been warned twice before by admins about his behavior (I think once since it was probably about the same issue but still).

I think either a strong warning or a small block might be in order.

If he's been warned more than once and doesn't care about the importance of statistics, then he probably should be banned.

Is somebody willing to handle banning him then?

I have decided to report Somelatinguy. To best explain why, I'll just copy and paste my most comment on his most recent thread.

"...Honestly, should this be counted as a rule violation? This is literally the eighth time he's done this no matter how many times it gets rejected.

Like, this thread isn't going to be accepted period because of the forum move and when this is pointed out he acts like it's an abuse of authority.

I mean, there are stats on this site that I disagree with. There are CRTs that I've agreed with that didn't get added. I don't feel the need to make 8 damn threads on the matter. Because I respect that other opinions exist.

That fact that he's done so, whilst continually making the same arguments and getting rejected time and again shows a deep seated bias that's never going to leave."

Several mods have grown exasperated by his attitude and stubbornness. I suggest that, similarly to Firepheonix, he be banned from participating in threads revolving around these verses.

For his most recent CRT to see what I'm talking about, see here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4272019?useskin=oasis

Although, LatinGuy's not hostile or anything. It is quite obnoxious that all he does is downplay a lot of Nintendo characters and especially Kirby with no context beyond "Bruh, pixel scaling". I do agree that something should be done about this.

@The Wright Way Looking at Somelatinguy's contributions, I can't see any other threads from him about this topic. I can see a few threads about Kirby and Master Hand, but none about Mario/Link/Samus/Pikachu.

Since it's his first thread on the topic I can't see it as any sort of rule violation.

Agnaa said:
@The Wright Way Looking at Somelatinguy's contributions, I can't see any other threads from him about this topic. I can see a few threads about Kirby and Master Hand, but none about Mario/Link/Samus/Pikachu.

Since it's his first thread on the topic I can't see it as any sort of rule violation.
It was literally pointed out by several moderators in the thread I linked that this is the 8th time he's done this.

He has brought up things about Link and Mario in the past before this one.

But even without that, he has tried to downgrade Kirby by itslef so many times that that alone deserves something

Firstly, only Edward and you said that.

Secondly, just saying something doesn't make it so. I actually went through all of his contributions and I can't see a single thread for these characters by him before this one.

If you wanna report for the Kirby downgrades, wait until he makes a thread like that again. No need to jump the gun.

Agnaa said:
Firstly, only Edward and you said that.

Secondly, just saying something doesn't make it so. I actually went through all of his contributions and I can't see a single thread for these characters by him before this one.

If you wanna report for the Kirby downgrades, wait until he makes a thread like that again. No need to jump the gun.
Those Kirby revisions turn into downgrades for other verses too. See here where he brings up downgrading link in the comments of a Kirby thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4075472?useskin=oasis

Ahh okay, I didn't notice that, it does sound pretty tiring then.

So should he be forbidden from participating in Kirby content revision threads then? I have also noticed several persistent attempts from him in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back