• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 67

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking over some if his threads... wow.

Revoke his Admin status. If he can't handle the power, he can't have it.

What he did was pretty straightforward higher power abuse and dictactorship, however we need more peoples and staff to discussing if he need to be revoked

Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussion, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments.

and not for discussion or side comments.

Do you all understand, that you violate rules?

This is not irrelevant nonsense. You have blatantly acted in a way that justifies a Rule Violation report. I say that no rule is being violated. Everyone here is blatantly talking about what your violation was.

A6colute said:
Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussion, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments.
and not for discussion or side comments.

Do you all understand, that you violate rules?
You have been reported for rule violations. I believe this qualifies under the rule.

I say that no rule is being violated.

Everyone here is blatantly talking about what your violation was.

and not for discussio

Rule has violated. May be you should care more about rules than about some personal matter?

Yes, this indeed is a rule violation. Asking for his thread to be reopened here makes sense. Potential demotion stuff's more the domain of HR, so if you've got a bunch of other offenses of his you should send them to me or another HR person in a PM.

Last I checked, abuse of power is Rule Violation.

Every report in this thread is "abuse of power is Rule Violation".

"Rule has violated. May be you should care more about rules than about some personal matter?"

Rules have not been violated. This is no personal matter. Abuse of power and closing someone's thread by saying their thread is ridiculous without giving them time to respond is a blatant abuse of power. Especially when they gave legitimate reasons as to why they thought the way they did.

Every report in this thread is "abuse of power is Rule Violation".

And rightfully so.

A6colute said:
I say that no rule is being violated.

Everyone here is blatantly talking about what your violation was.

and not for discussio

Rule has violated. May be you should care more about rules than about some personal matter?
Buddy, don't even start. I didn't even know what you existed until you got reported. Then, I saw what you did first hand and gave my input.

This isn't a beef. This is me doing my job.

At the end of the day, insufficient reasoning was given to close the thread, and a link to a two year old thread doesn't mean you just can't ever revise this verse. No, it was not against the rules to report him. The issue arises when the RVT turns into a hundred posts of arguing. If further issues are happening, take it to HR instead.

If A6 starts re closing the thread that's going to be an issue though.

@Potato

As funny as that was, I'll have to remove that comment. It really doesn't add anything. This is a senitive enough issue without side comments.

LimitBreakerX is a troll. Ban at will.

@Blue

Actually no. He's only voted on the Bowser one and appeared in the discussion thread. He's still a suspect.

Screenshot 20200405-195040 Chrome

LimitBreakerX is a troll account, doing nothing but praising soviet russia and insulting people, such as calling Shadow Warrior an "autistic a**", and using autism as a reason he should be banned.

I'm going to be unable to respond to this for while so I'll just give my current stance on the current issues.

Sense Wok, a member of HR, is currently aware of the issues surrounding A6, any further discussion on this thread is superfluous. I've otherwise made my stance on the issue clear.

I currently highly suspect those three of being socks.

Actually, all three of them look like socks if they were all made the same day just to FRA on the same thread. And some of them have suspicious usernames like HentaiCheese.

Also, I vaguely recall things related to A6colute being brought up back in 2017, but I agree it's an HR group material.

Just to comment regarding A6colute: He was the first admin that I promoted in this wiki together with Kavpeny and DarkLK, he has faithfully and loyally helped me out for over 5 years, and has extremely seldom caused any trouble whatsoever. I definitely do not want to demote him just because he has a bad day.

In addition, that was a necro of an extremely old thread. It should have been closed regardless.

Ant how's that a Necro when the dude made the thread in April 5th? (just check his contributions to see that)

Frankly, this is the kind of situation that's easily fixed by just having everyone take a break from it and take some time to cool down.

@Tllmbrg

I was referring to this thread:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/429949

@DarkGrath

Yes. If A6colute only has one outburst every few years, and is helpful the rest of the time, I think that is a pretty good track record.

Also, we should talk about such matters with him in private via fanfiction.net PMs, not any potential public embarrassment.

As he said, you should talk about such matters in private, and leave this topic behind on the RVR.

Also as Schnee said, that, while true, is a terrible comparision. While A6 did abuse his authority, it was not to an extreme extent. I do not approve of his actions and believe he should have some level of punishment, perhaps a temporary revocation. Though a permenant revocation seems to be drastic and unwarranted.

@00potato

Yes. You are currently stirring up more trouble than A6colute did, and the latter has consistently been willing to help me out for 5 years, whereas you haven't. I would appreciate if you drop this. Thank you.

I frankly don't believe "this person has helped out on the wiki for a long time" to be a good excuse for bad behaviour. Not one I support, at least.

All I really think is that A6 should just step away for a bit and take some time away, since judging by those messages, they likely aren't in a good mindset. That's all.

I am just saying that he has been here helping out for a long time, and should be allowed to have a bad day every few years without everybody ganging up on him. Anyway, I agree that he should step back, try to calm down, and make a serious effort to stay polite when he talks about this subject again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back