• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Mado.

This isn't the first or even second time comments of pretty much this exact nature has come from her. At the time, I disregarded it as a singular event of internet rage. If we know the account is owned by Mado, I see no reason to leave her unbanned. We have screenshots from our own chat, Discord, and previous cases on the wiki proper.

I move for a three month ban for now.

On whether this behaviour should actually be banned...

I'm not sure, it treads the line in a way that I'm not super gung-ho about banning or unbanning for, so even though I can confirm that those screenshots are legit, consider me neutral on whether to actually ban or not.

No, this wasn't me intending to be offensive, this is just how I have coped with things and it is the only thing that I've known. Please don't ban me, I don't think that it's justified...

That's fair Agnaa. I think it comes down to a situation where warnings clearly have not worked, and we need to question if this is the type of user that should be on the site. If picking fights is ostensibly this common for them, I don't see a point in just handing out warnings. I accept your point of view, though.

@SSGJ Left the invite on your wall.

Madotsuki24 said:
No, this wasn't me intending to be offensive, this is just how I have coped with things and it is the only thing that I've known. Please don't ban me, I don't think that it's justified...
Mado, I mean no offense but I do not accept that as the truth, speaking as a person who has this same experience with you. Even if this is just a coping mechanism, it is destructive towards other users and is unacceptable.

I had already said my piece before on the sort of behavior. If you are getting on that level, pull your fingers away from the keyboard and take a moment. Letting yourself be pulled over by the moment is not gonna work out.

I can agree for a ban, but not sure about the length of it.

I'd be fine with a shorter ban if needed, though I'd like to hear from a staff member or two.

Another reason why I've been destructive lately is that I was sexually abused as a little girl for seven years and it made me feel so horrible and ashamed of myself that I didn't tell anyone or stand up for myself and defend against myself... It made me not want to make the same mistake again of letting myself get hurt again so my body built a defense mechanism to not let myself get hurt again by other people and get me to defend myself... It's a horrible coping mechanism, but it's the only thing that I have ever known, let alone to ever known to work...

I do want to stress that I don't believe Madot is a genuinely harmful person. There's no denying the authenticity of the screenshots, or the fact that her behaviour in the past has generally been quite erratic, destructive, and generally unacceptable towards other people. If that's enough on it's own to justify a temporary ban, so be it. I strongly believe, however, that Madot doesn't intend to harm anyone else, and knowing her, I do entirely accept the idea that these kinds of comments are just inappropriate jokes done for coping.

If Julian, as a Disc Mod, agrees to a ban in this instance, I will carry it out. That would be sufficient consensus for me.

I am afraid that, upon closer inspection of the Discord group, that the user "Plaletet Loli" has indeed made those comments, including the racist ones.

DarkGrath said:
I do want to stress that I don't believe Madot is a genuinely harmful person. There's no denying the authenticity of the screenshots, or the fact that her behaviour in the past has generally been quite erratic, destructive, and generally unacceptable towards other people. If that's enough on it's own to justify a temporary ban, so be it. I strongly believe, however, that Madot doesn't intend to harm anyone else, and knowing her, I do entirely accept the idea that these kinds of comments are just inappropriate jokes done for coping.
Thank you so much...

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I am afraid that, upon closer inspection of the Discord group, that the user "Plaletet Loli" has indeed made those comments, including the racist ones.
And your opinion on a ban? And the duration thereof, if you do agree.

Mado, I've said it before, your past circumstances have been terrible but that's what they are... past circumstances. You shouldn't use them as a wall to shield away responsability.

You know you can act better than this and that this stuff is a bad move, regardless of it getting you a ban on this site or not. Other people aren't at fault for what happened to you and shouldn't be held as targets for your bad behavior, you need to learn to cope with it in better ways.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Mado, I've said it before, your past circumstances have been terrible but that's what they are... past circumstances. You shouldn't use them as a wall to shield away responsability.
You know you can act better than this and that this stuff is a bad move, regardless of it getting you a ban on this site or not. Other people aren't at fault for what happened to you and shouldn't be held as targets for your bad behavior, you need to learn to cope with it in better ways.
You can't just wait some time and then your trauma magically goes away, that's not how it works. You don't know what it's like to be sexually abused, let alone suffer it when you're a little child. If you really knew how horrible it was to suffer from it, you would realise that time alone would not heal it.

Alright, that's quite enough.

We're coming to a verdict on this, one way or the other. Best not to discuss this too far.

Yeah, and that's why you seek professional help. That's what counselors and therapists and similar are for, and you should know those options exists. For your own good more than anything.

I also wanna know Julian's opinons after checking on the comments.

Edit: Sorry Grath, your comment hadn't loaded for me.

@Mado

I'll be honest I don't understand how racism works as a coping mechanism. As for what happened to you if it truly did that's something you should take to real authorities.

After reading DarkGrath's analysis upon this matter, I believe that a ban of at least one month would be in order, to give time to Madotsuki to cool off and get her life together.

I will say excuses do not weigh into my decision and I find them to not be worth the effort, Mado. Accepting responsibility would help your case more. With that said, I am waiting on a response from Julian, one that I hope ignores such excuses.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
Julian, please don't ban me, I'm not harmful, I'm just very damaged and traumatised... I really do want to change, but I just don't know how to and the pain is overwhelming... I wish I was better than this, I'm such a horrible person...

Alright. I really am sorry, Madot, but you can't rely on excuses and gaining sympathy for your behaviour like this. It's clear that's what's happening at this point.

I still believe Madot is not that bad of a person, but she does need time off the wiki to calm down and get things together. If it's decided that a ban is warranted, I can support a ban of at least 1 month as Julian suggested.

I'm sorry Madotsuki, but your comments, specially the racists ones went too far.

Which is why we will have to ban you for one month for you to reflect upon the things you've said.

Well, hopefully a month off the wiki will give you time to better explore avenues for change.

Very well, Mado has been blocked for two months as a compromise between 1 and my initial judgement of 3. If she can use the time productively to find better ways to "cope" with her issues, then she is welcome back at the end of the ban's duration. Moving on.

Just here to voice my agreement with the ban after seeing the screenshots and reading the comments. I'd also like to point out that Mado has also been really creepy to Prom, also masquerading as her step-sister, for which she was personally warned by Prom herself.

I think that a 1 month ban should be enough. Madotsuki has not given me a harmful impression at all within the wiki, and it might prevent us from moving her to the new forum otherwise.

I'll stay neutral on whether it should be a 1 or 2 month ban. I will stress again, though, that I agree with Ant that she's not a harmful person.

Given that the ban's exact length has come into question, I am of the firm belief that 2 months is more than gracious and definitely shouldn't be lowered further.

Aaand I'm stopping you right there, @Big Brain Chad. Let's not delve into personal attacks, especially on Ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back