• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.

Rule Violations Reports - 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
If he responds to this warning with the same blow offish attitude, I suggest at least a temporary ban. He clearly didn't care about the previous one.

Super_Saiyan_God_Julian

Herald of the Julianforce
Joke Battles
Sysop
"Bam!"

That's ummmm....a pretty interesting response to a warning I must say.

Anyways, I am afraid we have to block him temporarily. I think it should be short though, as it is not a serious offense.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
VS Battles
Sysop
Sorry, hands were tied up, but SD got him. 2nd, I got no regrets on UltimaShadowX's permaban. He came to be on JBW and had a Mckmal avatar.

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Can we by the way tone down the rampant Demonbane spite threads that are ongoing right now? Like, i get it, lolfunnymemes but this dosnt change the fact that people spam rule breaking spites.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I am not sure what to do about it, but if some staff member is willing to start a thread to tell the community to stop doing so, that might be an idea.

Maybe ban Demonbane matches in general for a good while, until that trend of "lol Goku solos now kkk" fades away.

If not, then I'm all for that thread.

I don't think that this is a big enough problem to completely ban matches for Demonbane, it is at worst a fad like many other spammed characters.

I do agree about the Demonbane spite matches being spammed, the matches should be stopped for a while because their stats and abilities are still being discussed.

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Yep, a discussion rule is not needed. Slap a few weeks notice for matchup bans and lift it when people moved on with their lifes.

Super_Saiyan_God_Julian

Joke Battles
Sysop
Yes I agree with these suggestions. A note saying that matchups with EGD (and a few other Demonbane characters) are prohibited until the revisions of their abilities are completed (just as we used to so with Zeno).

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
VS Battles
Sysop
Wasn't it agreed that he's forbidden from making any more pages? Also, I have deleted the bad page.

He was never forbidden from making pages (I actually suggested that over the bad profile he made yesterday). He was forbidden from making pages that were:

• Low-quality
  • Unfinished
  • Or mild-trolling
Though I do think this recent page was mild-trolling, it was almost entirely finished with few formatting issues.

Super_Saiyan_God_Julian

Joke Battles
Sysop
If what Agnaa says is correct, then he should probably be banned from making profiles period. And if he wishes to make one, he should do a sandbox blog, so that it's quality can be verified.

AKM sama

Always Kinda Magnetic
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Agreed. He should be banned from making profiles.

DarkGrath

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I'm inclined to agree that he should be banned from making profiles.

He's not particularly malicious, but he's almost exclusively made profiles for the sake of memes and jokes and has visibly put very little effort into any of them. At best, if he learns how to make profiles well, he should look into making profiles on JBW instead, as many of them don't seem appropriate for anything more than jokes.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I say he should be banned from making profiles for a short period of time like a month or two, and during that period of time he would have to make them in his sandbox or a blog, and only publish them when they are reviewed by staff members (kinda like calcs). So he can both learn to make profiles better and not make any dumb profiles and bother staff members at the same time.

I don't think he should be banned, at most for a week, as he doesn't seem malicious at all.

Super_Saiyan_God_Julian

Joke Battles
Sysop
I, of course, disagree with banning him and fully agree with Spino's suggestion.

Obviously if he doesn't respect our decision and continues making profiles afterwards, then he should be banned (not permanently though).

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I am fine with if he is forbidden from making any further profiles. I am uncertain for how long that should last though.

AKM sama

Always Kinda Magnetic
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
6 months I think. Any legitimate profiles he wants to make during this time can be go into his sandboxes or blogs. If he shapes up after that, he can be permitted again.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. That seems fine to me. Feel free to give him this restriction.

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
VS Battles
Joke Battles
FC/OC Battles
Sysop
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
Honestly, Dee and I wanted to make pages for bad books sometime anyways.

... but we're going to do it right, dammit!

I agree with the above.

DarkGrath

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The user IHunterlol has made the Patity page, had it deleted, and then proceeded to remake it with none of the content except for the standard format.

I've given them an unofficial warning about it already, but if this goes any further, then further action should be taken.

Elizhaa

Close enough to enzyme-linked immunoassay acronym!
VS Battles
Sysop
Ok, I think further action should be taken.

IHunterlol recently remade the Patity profile after given instructions not to do so his message; I just recently deleted it.

DarkGrath

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I think he should receive an official warning after having made it again, immediately after it was deleted and he was warned.

DarkGrath

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
After his responses to his prior warning, I'm almost positive he's just confused rather than trolling or malicious. I wouldn't push for a ban.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
Yeah, an official warning is fine.

GyroNutz handled it.

WTF High 8-A isn't even a tier

This has the same energy as the random comicvine and youtubers who apply low and high to random tiers to make them seem stronger than they were like that guy who called Aizen "Low multi-galaxy level"

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
My first edit didn't save; the tier is correctly reverted now.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
A brief ban to make him listen seems like a good idea if he continues, yes.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Human Resources
There was already a thread made on his wall to notify him, shouldn't any back and forth on the issue be there as opposed to the rule violations thread?>

Ogbunabali said:
Oh and speaking of his previous account he said the n-word so he should probably be ip banned.
Im sorry I just wanted to point out one thing. Does saying the n-word = an IP block?

Because Prince, despite being permabanned, said the n word multiple times when being exposed with more than 1 sock and hasnt gotten IP blocked yet. So if the punishment fits the crime in this case, I think Prince also needs to be IP blocked.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Yes. IP blocks usually need to be given a range to be somewhat effective, but can still be circumvented with many VPNs.

That was a joke...right?

Looks at today's date

Yeah...it was a joke

And if it was, you do know you basically reported yourself in your perspective?

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
VS Battles
Sysop
Keep April Fools jokes to message walls and Fun and Games' boards, not spam the RVR thread or other wiki management thread with stuff like that.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
VS Battles
Sysop
The former has been inactive for 3 years and was never permabanned or anything. And fact, while 645814 was blocked for a month before, he joined after his old account's ban expired. And he seemed mostly just very naive back then rather than malicious. Though, I haven't really seen how he behaves recently.

Looking at the contributions, both accounts did exist at the same time although the 645814 account has been inactive since Nov 2, 2017. I don't think there's any point in penalising David anymore, its been over 2 years since the offence was committed and he hasn't used it since for malicious purposes, assuming the sock was created for boosting FRAs and CRTs in the first place.

AKM sama

Always Kinda Magnetic
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
We should block the previous account if he's using the new one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.