• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Rule Violations Reports - 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wright Way said:
So, to clarify, are Vriska and Tod the same person? I'm not familiar with Discord's layout.
Yes, they are. You can set a specific nickname within one server, while you have another account name that persists between all servers.

Vriska is the server name, Tod is the account name.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Human Resources

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yes, they are. You can set a specific nickname within one server, while you have another account name that persists between all servers.

Vriska is the server name, Tod is the account name.

Then the game is up for Sleuth at least. The question now is, what do we do with him?

I'll be occupied for a moment, keep the discussion going.

I'd like to mention that the "ANTVASIMA AND VS BATTLES WIKI DISS-TRACK" and Ant x Matt slashfic are both copypastas originally made by trolls, rather than his sincere thoughts or own creation.

The only legitimate thing for him is the "top ten worst debators list". Even putting my thoughts on not banning for Discord stuff aside, I wouldn't think that'd be bannable.

Wokistan

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Human Resources
If we're going to go to the Bloomberg 2020 post...

I don't get the point of some of these screenshots.

• Ship bot with matt and ant
  • Someone just saying bleach isn't bad
  • Someone saying ant is in his 30s and someone else saying it's weird for a late 20 year old to hang out with 14-17 year olds, which does seem weird to me too
Most of the others are just posting old mckmal copypastas on a discord, and I also don't think it's really bannable just to say you don't like some staff or non staff on the wiki.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Let's ignore the Mikebloomberg2020 troll account and remove the post please. This is very similar to the way other such temporary troll accounts have behaved and what they have posted previously.

So, about UpgradeMan. Would the rest of you be fine with a 6 month ban?

I don't think this is him, probably. As for the ban, go right ahead. Its a deliberate breaking of rules and no amount of being nice and well behaved is going to change that.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I meant that a 6 month ban seems more balanced than a permanent one.

Well, you don't know His true face, considering how he hide His sock for whole year, he probably also hide His true face, this just my opinion.

Andytrenom

VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
I haven't checked all the evidence myself, but if it's proven that he was using socks to argue in threads, a 6 month block is minimum

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Okay. I am fine with 6 months. (He was apparently only using a sockpuppet to agree with himself on 2 occasions that we know of.)

Using a sock puppet to fake support is extremely shady and is to be met with punishment,

but the fact he didn't use the sock throughout the 2 years since he made it, only twice, despite how many back and forth arguments and moments of anger and frustrations he must have had with other wiki members,

is pretty telling of his potential risk to the wiki itself is not very high.

It already was kinda, most of the stash was me and my friends posting Mckmal copypastas in our server, and it's not agreeing with said copypastas, we just like spamming it in our server for cheese.

We are not trying to spread copypastas on the wiki.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
He only came here in order to post troll threads. That is not the kind of member that we need here.

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
If you can't figure out the intention of this "new user" then you need to think harder my friend. Anyways, the account was banned, his comments deleted. No point in discussing it anymore.

I get the intention but that is nowhere near enough to ban someone. It is light trolling at worst, two joke threads aren't hurting anyone unless you are that offended by threads on this website.

00potato said:
I get the intention but that is nowhere near enough to ban someone. It is light trolling at worst, two joke threads aren't hurting anyone unless you are that offended by threads on this website.
No "new user" would know about that sort of stuff and make troll threads about it. It's obviously some sock of some troll that's been banned before.

Wokistan

VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Human Resources
So I got this from JohnCenaNation, who I banned yesterday. I don't think this really helps his case.

I don't think he realizes how extremely rude he's being. "(F word) ass Edward Cullen" isn't exactly something I would put in a appeal plea.

I have reason to belive that Society Man is a Puppet of JokingDog. Both have a Joker aestetic and both have a tendancy towards using slurs. Society Man was also created shortly after the blocking of JokingDog.

We've reported people like this to FANDOM in the past.

The only thing FANDOM can really do that we can't (in cases like these) is ban on other wikis, which isn't really relevant since they're just targeting us.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Idk all I know is once we do the forum move they won't be able to pull this kinda stuff anymore. I'm looking forward to that.
It's kinda the opposite actually. After the forum move we won't have additional protections on the forum, and we'd likely have to remove the 10 edit requirement on articles (so that new users can join the community), which would then make pages vulnerable as well as threads.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Not true. We have been talking about stricter protections for the new forum than what we have here currently, and will initially be invitation only. I don't want to reveal more than that yet though.

However, we will likely have to come up with better restrictions for editing in this wiki.

A few months back, there was an incident regarding the leaks of comments from a Discord server that subsequently led to Corgi The Gen Z God and ShadowWarrior1999 being banned from the wiki due to said comments. As a moderator of that Discord server, I have created a document in defense of them that explains the full context of the situation and why Corgi and Shadow should not have been banned over their actions on Discord. You can read the full defense document here. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...626880/Shadow_and_Corgi_defense-converted.pdf

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Hi, was dragged away from my D&D stuff to comment here. As of typing this I've read the first page or so of the above document and will give commentary as I read through it.

First off I'd like to say your intent to hide said screenshots and their content from VSBW is good, but it did get here, and it did cause trouble, which, like it or not, was caused by Shadow taking the time to make the content of said screenshots in the first place. In Shadow's case it wasn't even anything being eggregiously bad, it's just ever so constant. The document says your server had no part in this- I would disagree, Shadow made his mess, the mess just happened to reach over here. In the end Shadow was a fringe case anyways, I wasn't initially going to ban him but decided to go with it after considering the sheer breadth of the screenshots (like 90% of them had him in it).

Ashen's reasons for turning them over in of themselves aren't important, I think. I won't weigh in on the moral implications of his decision, only that it doesn't change what transpired. Bad shit was happening on the server you moderate, bad shit got leaked here, bans were handed out. I'm not sure I'd call that manipulating, nor would I call either party in this unbiased (considering you take several jabs at Ashen yourself in this ostensibly formal document).

The wiki does not intend to delve into personal discords to monitor you guys. The wiki does intend to clear off the stains of said toxic discords that reach back here. That is what happened. We were shown a disheartening amount of evidence and acted on it. I see no reason to undo Shadow's ban that wasn't brought up and discussed long before now. FANDOM seems to think this is a matter for our wiki to handle, not one for FANDOM to be involved with, and I certainly agree with them (for once).

Saying "we should not take what Corgi says literally" is a weak argument, in my opinion. I've spoken to the guy a few times, as have several other staff members (sometimes in a less-than-willing way, i.e., Corgi comes to them with legitimate harassment). What context props up this behavior doesn't matter when the guy had, frankly, a lot of time to stop and think. And he didn't. So he's banned.

I don't really care about your issues with ZaStando as they aren't relevant at all. Both sides of this argument have shown increasibly petty behavior, and frankly I don't see the point. Serve your bans, people have gotten worse for a hell of a lot less than going to female staff members and spewing mysogynistic rabble until blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.