• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having your private discord be spotlighted in a vs thread when it was meant for a specific person is something no one wants.

Well, he wasn't ashamed when it came to trying get me out of the thread, by taking screenshot of our PM's and putting something out of context to accuse me of being dishonest, right?

Agnaa said:
Like I mentioned in the last thread, he has been hiding evidence. Deleting old posts where he used the sock to agree with him on threads.

We have proof, clear as day, that he was using socks to support himself in threads, and that he was burying that evidence.

This isn't some accident, this is outright manipulation.
Yes, thanks for reciting this.

Are you guys still closing your eyes to something he's been doing for years, but still just want a minor ban? The staff really accepts such a thing as long as no one says anything and even when they do, the punishment is so minor just because he is a good Samaritan in the eyes of others, but in reality, he is totally conspirator either against his opponent or against his arguments.

Alonik said:
Having your private discord be spotlighted in a vs thread when it was meant for a specific person is something no one wants.
Well, he wasn't ashamed when it came to trying get me out of the thread, by taking screenshot of our PM's and putting something out of context to accuse me of being dishonest, right?
Link to the post, please. May change my view.

Archaron said:
Are you guys still closing your eyes to something he's been doing for years, but still just want a minor ban? The staff really accepts such a thing as long as no one says anything and even when they do, the punishment is so minor just because he is a good Samaritan in the eyes of others,
Punishment is coming but what did he really do to deserve excessive punishment?

Just take a look at my original comment, the context is there; https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3953166#378

If you pay attention, you will see that I linked a comment of it, that he takes print from his own discord to try to gain advantage in the discussion just trying to put me out of context because I provided him with a website where he had all saint seiya guides (that he had not)

@SD

No problem. I am not the best informed about this situation. As I mentioned earlier, I am just reluctant in general to give very harsh punishments to members who have generally behaved well.

Promestein might be better suited to properly evaluate this issue.

Alonik said:
Just take a look at my original comment, the context is there; https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3953166#378
If you pay attention, you will see that I linked a comment of it, that he takes print from his own discord to try to gain advantage in the discussion just trying to put me out of context because I provided him with a website where he had all saint seiya guides (that he had not)
I stand corrected on his action steming from embarrassment but the point remains the same. I don't see how he was attempting to get you banned with the evidence presented thus far.

I didn't say he was trying to ban me in that specific case that i quoted, I said he didn't measure efforts to print his own Discord when gave him an advantage (read the context of it).

So to say that he was ashamed of his Discord, it's an issue that shouldn't even be taken, just because he thrown prints of his own discord in the middle of the thread.

Hm... Upgrademan was still intending to debate Alonik and Alonik was accused of bais, judging by what was said in the thread...

However, UpgradeMan was being disingenuous by using a sock account, framing support when he already had support from 2 staffs...

Tier 3-A/Low 2-C Saint Seiya Ap Revisions (Gold Saints, and Scaling) thread is in weird waters atm.

SomebodyData said:
I'm assuming who is who here.

Staff: Everyone seems to find it a tad suspicious that a user with your previous discord nickname and similar writing style to you arrived on a thread to support you

No avi

UpgradeMan: Now there is 1 thing, but I think could have been done it, but I didn't think it would result in that happening. that's what it was then lol

Staff: newly made

UpgradeMan: wait newly made??

Staff: actually idk if it was newly made

meh

UpgradeMan: it definitely wasn't

Staff: point is you seemed to have tried to pull a sneaky

and it seems many people aren't very happy

Someone: Who was it actually

UpgradeMan: hold on irl stuff

Someone: I don't think Someone should've worded uh

Staff: I find it interesting that you very quickly knew the account with your old nickname wasn't a new account and had been around for a while. You replied very quickly when I said it was newly made. Especially seeing as I didn't even provide a link to the account or anything for you to quickly get to. Almost as if you knew when it had been made. Weird that you'd keep track of an account who apparently only commented because he saw it on a Facebook link.

> Lying about his guilt even after being called out to an admin no less.

Where is the "Lying about his guilt even after being called out to an admin" dialogue? I'm not seeing him lying after being called out.

"Now there is 1 thing, but I think could have been done it, but I didn't think it would result in that happening. that's what it was then lol"

I can't understand what this means.

@Elixir

I was referring to him keeping up the charade. Sorry if I didn't make it clear. An honest or well meaning member would have just been outright after being called out, but he still tried to hide his guilt, only to slip up.

We could ask Monarch, though its probably for another conversation.

@Dienomite

Like I said, check the timing. He deleted it before the evidence came out. He wouldn't have been embarrassed because he wouldn't know it would be referenced.

My proof is the timing, so you're telling me, its not even strange that he deleted the thread at the same time as he deleted all evidence of bad doing? When he deleted posts of his sock, he changed his name, none of it?

While true we never will know the exact reason, it is reasonable to assume its part of deleting evidence.

@SomebodyData

Regardless of why he deleted it, there is no reason to believe he deleted it purely because it was evidence that he was trying to ban Alonik. I would easily argue that he was trying to cover his tracks that link to discord. The evidence presented doesn't support him attempting to ban Alonik but it also doesn't support the opposite. We can only understand his motive in deleting that thread if we could get into his mind but we can't so all we have is a guy with sockpoppets trying to discuss a possible conspiracy against a verse he likes with an staff member.

You staff have the say at the end of the day. I hardly care anymore about this subject and I'm starting to feel sick for some reason. I propose a 6 month ban.

He didn't have a userpage, so that just shows up by default.

Mikebloomberg2020 said:
What is the purpose of posting this?

EDIT: Post was deleted, removing link.

The Wright Way said:
Dude, he's a troll.
Obviously, I'm not dense.

I only commented because it wasn't immediately dealt with.

?????

Why is posting that link a bannable offence? It looked like a rule violation report.

Agnaa said:
?????

Why is posting that link a bannable offence? It looked like a rule violation report.
Completely new user's first post is posting something linking to images of things said months ago on discord with a copypasta about Ant, it was trolling.

The Wright Way said:
It wasn't. Also, that's literally his first post.
What do you mean it wasn't? It was, from reading it.

Abstractions said:
Completely new user's first post is posting something linking to images of things said months ago on discord with a copypasta about Ant, it was trolling.
I mean, it wasn't just the copypasta.

I don't think saying stuff on Discord should be considered a rule violation, but people incriminated in it instantly calling it a troll and asking for it to be deleted is sus.

What was in the link itself does seem bannable, regardless of trolling. Need context though, if anyone has any. ...That wouldn't happen to be a discord Upgrade was in, was it?

Yes, in a majority of those images about the "fanfic" it was a copypasta that someone posted in another wiki. But, I need to find out who this person is.

DatOneWeeb said:
Yes, in a majority of those images about the "fanfic" it was a copypasta that someone posted in another wiki. But, I need to find out who this person is.
First getting the message deleted and the user banned, and now trying to track down who the person is?

Jesus guys, chill the **** out. If it isn't ban-worthy we'll come to that conclusion. No need to engage in all this sketchy behaviour.

The images were linking to comments dated back to 2018 to early 2019, what reason would a completely new user have access to such screenshots or even understand how bad it was? A new user doesn't know these people, and wouldn't know to jump onto an RVT to just post the link without further elaborating as to why they are reporting it.

Abstractions said:
The images were linking to comments dated back to 2018 to early 2019, what reason would a completely new user have access to such screenshots or even understand how bad it was? A new user doesn't know these people, and wouldn't know to jump onto an RVT to just post the link without further elaborating as to why they are reporting it.
Could be trolling, could be whistleblowing. It's still worth investigating, if it's trolling and none of the stuff is bannable, we'll get to that conclusion in due time.

This isn't the first time someone has leaked discord screenshots of other site users. And with the way discord plays a part in vs debating nowadays, it won't be the last.

Even though I don't think anything posted off-site should be grounds for any punishment on-site, but I'm in the minority with my opinions like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back