• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is barely any Pokémon and Digimon threads to begin with and not ones that aren't obvious from the beginning

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
To be fair, we can't just ban whole battles just because some of them can get heated.
Well, as far I'm aware that has been the case in most cases where this is done.

I don't see why this is a federal issue. Can't we just tell the people who flip their lid because of a thread on an obscure anime character fighting wiki to take a chill pill, instead of banning it for everyone else?

A new rule depends on if the situation has turned unmanageable or not. I am not well-informed in this case.

Matches of certain kinds or pitting certain characters against each other has been banned in the past, but only in extremely rare cases. If it's genuinely at the point that allowing the matches to be made would cause problems, then it's best a staff discussion thread was made to consider it.

The only reason I have been antagonistic against HST in particular, you can look into the thread and realize I haven't been antagonistic to anyone else in the thread, even people arguing otherwise

Reason why I have been that way against him is because he ad nauseum to hell matches, argues that every ability making his character loses is invalid, and if you don't win his battle of attrition the match is invalid, will spam downgrade threads to remove the ability that's making his character lose, and it will go as far as to remove matches just because he disagrees with a reasoning, not accepting grace or anything else except himself

I maybe have acted to angry, but you would also be angry after threads of all that non stop, HST spaming downgrade threads not because of accuracy but because his debaters were using that as arguments against him going as far to remove threads just because he doesn't agree with them

Banning Sonic and Dragon Ball would do nothing because the only reason I acted this way was because of HST's continues attitude over several threads, this is a problem between me and him and as far as I know being agressive towards someone using shady tatics in debating isn't ban worthy

But I will say that even though arguing with him is extremely frustating in multiple ways, that isn't a excuse to being extremely agressive, I could have just ignored him at least, so for that I apologize, there's no need to ban it because this is my problem with him, not a match problem

I mean, people did this exactaly as you said, he just doesn't accept the results and keeps going and going and going removing the thread itself because he doesn't accept the results, reason why I got so frustated

Boy oh boy.

Keep it civil in the threads, to both sides of this discussion. I don't think a match ban is needed over what seems to be a petty squabble. Play nice and keep in mind that your goal as a debater is not to get the other side to concede or to break their argument, it is to convince others in the thread that your argument is more believable than the other side's. And don't be afraid to admit when you're wrong, frankly that alone would solve half of our troubles on this site.

Gonna remove the generally unrelated-to-thread discussion now, I don't even think a major warning is in order? Just remember to try and play nice together.

@Mr. Bambu

Thank you for helping out.

Thank you Bambu, I do that, it's just HST doesn't accept when people vote for the other character,I did go around and convinced the people, it's just he didn't accept that and will argue every point is invalid until you convince him it isn't otherwise he would not let the thread be added, you can even see that in the last thread, everyone voted against him but he kept going and going and even removing the thread because he couldn't accept it, that's like my main problem with him, I will try my hardest now to be civil but he also needs to accept when his character lost, and not spam downgrade threads to remove any point his opponents made

If that was true half the matches I'm involed in would be in the removal threads, I "kept going" because the arguments were iffy as a whole and when brought up they wanted to be ignored. I'm nowhere near the 1st nor the last person to make CRTs for matches when you find a problem in a characters abilities and saying I'm just doing it so I can "win" is faulty, like I've said before I'll say it again if I find something that's iffy I'll say something about it. Heck I even pointed put numerous times that one of the "downgrade" threads wasn't even a downgrade and you still went on.

This'll be the last I say on the matter.

But all the matchs I participated with you, you did this, every single one, so yes, I can say that, for me you did this, and you thinking something is "iffy" is the point of debating, as Bambu said you don't keep going until you are convinced, but when people either agree or not with you, which they didn't, and then you should accept that

I don't care if others do bad things, bad is bad, and you are the one who I saw doing this, downgrading things is fine, but only doing that because they are making you lose a argument is bad, if you did just do it because it's "iffy" then I wouldn't mind, but you only do it the instant a your character is losing because of it, everytime

But yes, this discussion shouldn't even be in a rule report thread

Dude, I told you to report it, not fabricate a non existent story. He never ever asked anyone to go anywhere and do anything, he simply showed what the dude was arguing and said he was from DeviantArt.

After reading the thread, what SupremeGilgamesh posted doesn't seem report-worthy. Hell, an ex-admin even fixed the link he posted without feeling the need to report it.

EDIT: But to clarify, I don't think you should feel the need to apologize for reporting. I don't think any earnest reports should be apologized for, even if we deem the reported behaviour as acceptable.

Hi I dunno if I should take this here but I did want to bring this guy to attention:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:BigSmoke4269

This dude makes considerably poorly made profiles, like The Bulk, Cool Cat (Warner Bros.), and recently Super Why, and on the latter he essentially said he wasn't going to do research for it or barely did any at all meaning that he puts not much effort at all into profiles. He also made all the Cool Cat profiles before they were deleted.

He also has some poor behavior and threads in such, generally being lazy with most things he's been doing, such as not adding simple things to the OP when needed. Not exactly awful but still worth noting.

Also around the time Cool Cat got deleted, he threw a fit and tried to get other pages deleted a while back. Such as Who Killed Captain Alex? and the live action Dora profile. I can link threads to this if necessary but he's been shown to be immature in threads, and openly admitted to wanting to delete those profiles mentioned above out of spite

Making bad profiles isn't necessarily bannable, and none of his behavior seems horrible, so maybe a warning would be best?

I don't see a warning or mention of a profile-creation ban on his message wall.

I have also noticed that he deliberately creates stupid pages, including at least two today. I would appreciate if somebody in the staff gives him a warning.

Jackythejack said:
Also around the time Cool Cat got deleted, he threw a fit and tried to get other pages deleted a while back. Such as Who Killed Captain Alex? and the live action Dora profile. I can link threads to this if necessary but he's been shown to be immature in threads, and openly admitted to wanting to delete those profiles mentioned above out of spite
As of half an hour ago, he's gone back to doing this behaviour. Despite him having made threads about defeating Wii Fit Trainer and having that rejected, he's derailing other profile deletion requests to ask for her deletion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back