• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left him a message to change his username, if he doesn't listen; I will block him. Though given his username having a homophobic slur, I do suspect him of being a troll.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

@Madotsuki24

There is a specific request link for it, but I do not wish to risk that lots of people accidentally use it and cause mass-confusion.

You can also ask the Fandom staff to handle it though.

Since he got told to ask me about it, I don't care about the Henry issue. I never provided my opinion on the matter. I simply gave information to help other people make their decision (that he'd been banned 3 times and warned twice for similar behaviour).

Perhaps he saw that insulting other people led him to being banned, so he wants to come back after having learned his lesson and where his actions took him?

It's probably a stretch, but I doubt he would want to come back only to be banned again.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
I reccomend not unbanning him right now. Let's wait a month or 2 and then we'll talk. He got banned 3 times and warned many other times, let him stay banned for a while
This seems best honestly

I'm in the same bag than Lancelot. This apology seems to be out of place when he should have learned this way before we permabanned him.

I didn't mean to say best, but at best we should go with what Blue said.

Henry however not learning after the fourth chance we gave him was silly.

Yeah, you'd think he'd learn after two warnings, but then a several month block did nothing, a year long block did nothing, another month long block did nothing. I'm leaning towards keeping him banned at least for now.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, you'd think he'd learn after two warnings, but then a several month block did nothing, a year long block did nothing, another month long block did nothing. I'm leaning towards keeping him banned at least for now.
I agreed; He has been block around 4 times and his behaviors didn't shape up so I think it is best to leave Henry still being banned for now.

I'll play good cop here and say reduce the ban to three months to a year. Your choice. If he comes back after that, which means he's dedicated to the site in his own Henry-ish way, give him a chance. Put him on a year-long probationary period, no less. The instant he gets uppity with anyone, staff or otherwise, guilty. Life sentence without a chance for bail. If he gets past the probationary period, congratulations, he's back in our good graces (...shoot that sounded pretentious).

@Elizhaa I'd like to clarify that a few of those were modifying existing blocks. There were only two separate block incidents before the recent one DDM enacted, which Henry's trying to get overturned.

The third block was three months into Henry's prior six-month block, where Crossverse extended it to a twelve-month block, because Henry insulted Crossverse off-site.

I don't mind Cal's suggestion to reduce his block to 3 months, and then see if he keeps his end of the deal after he comes back.

I do lean towards banning him for good, he should have had the common sense not to get uppity with anyone long ago.

How many chances have we given this guy in total? We banned him once, extended it when he insulted cross off site, how many others?

Well, the last time he didn't really do anything particularly bad, and he promised to stay away from any arguments in the future.

Well, each warning counts as a strike, so that's 2 strikes. Each ban; not counting ban altering due to input from others, but insulting offsite which results in an extended block also probably counts as a strike. Then he got a one month block from Bambu, which would be a 5th strike. I'd say this is his 6th strike.

I'm okay with shortening the ban, but I'd prefer to here what people like DragonMaster think since he appears to be one of the main people who had to deal with him.

Is somebody willing to ask Bambu to comment here?

Dunno if I'll be of much help since it wasn't really my issue, I just came in after being shown that, yes, he consistently does this.

I say don't unban the guy. He has a history of abusing being unbanned and this doesn't seem like an honest change of heart. With this many bans, you've definitely had your share of moments to have an epiphany, it seems well beyond the point of understanding now. If that's what you're looking for from me, there yah go.

I have serious problems here with a sockpuppets case.

First a few days ago I decided to start editing Saint Seiya verse because it is a work that I love, and one of the members for i disagree with his vision and opinion of the tiering of the characters, posted this message accusing me and another member for conspirancy against Saint Seiya in the wall of Matthew, and he even asks Matthew to delete the message when Matt see it.

The message link is here; https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4013485

(it was deleted by the author himself after a certain thing that happened in the topic, so keep in mind that, and also his discord nickname that he puts in that message).

I got into this thread to show my position; Tier 3-A/Low 2-C Saint Seiya Ap Revisions (Gold Saints, and Scaling)

And before that, I had told this user, to talk about the verse in discord, because he was the most active member in the franchise, and by common sense i would have to talk to him.

In the middle of the conversation he didn't have one of the materials of saint seiya, and asked me for a version in PT-BR, i went from good heart to help him. So he used this in an out of context way for his own argumentative disability, to try to accuse me of dishonest in the thread.

In that specific answer, he posts print of my private conversation with him. (and even has his discord nick there too, keep it in mind).

However, this is not the specific part of the problem, but rather the traces he left that show the sockpuppet. After i comment this; https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4025913#206

He deleted that comment on Matthew's message wall.

And here at the end of the discussion, he commented with an alternative account called TheEpicKingOfUltraLegends

Where he wrote a text supporting his own thread, and accusing me and another user of being wrong for "purely right judgment after reading all the texts"

The important thing here is to remind that his user in discord it's provided by himself in links I sent above like here;

because currently he changed his discord nick, for the sockpuppets did not seem suspicious in supporting his main account.

Whoa.

Can't believe TheUpgradeMan has been using sockpuppets this whole time, really going to need some experts of the verses he supports to double check threads after I ban him.

So he's also been using socks since mid-2018. I'll be dissecting the thread to see just how many he had.

I can't follow the post enough to tell what the proof of sockpuppeting is. Can someone try to summarize it?

tbh most of the posts in that Saint Seiya thread are structured in a way that's really hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back