• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Discord shenanigans ARE the problem off the wiki. People have been banned here for stuff they've done on Discord.

Corgi the Gen Z God said:
Schnee, if you make Discord shenanigans the problem on the wiki, that's on you. Not me because I choose it to be on Discord to not make it said problem.
False, direct communication with other members in such a way is ban worthy regardless of it being on the site or not.

I choose to make it a problem because it is a problem no matter how you spin it

I have now banned Gewsbumpz. We should preferably drop any further discussion about Discord and the like.

I thought this was about Gew being banned, why is Discord and Corgi being brought up when they have done nothing right now? Isn't this about Gew blogs and attitude?

I don't think Gewsbumpz deserves an infinite ban, bans can be shorter than that

@Promestein

What would you suggest? 6 months or a year instead?

Okay. I will change the block to 6 months instead.

Let's drop this topic please.

Honestly if I'm going to be frank here; folks need to grow a thicker skin (I've seen my fair share of insults and black humour on various sites); lets not pretend folks don't say "controversial" things both out loud or in private (as well as Discord servers) we are all humans and we've got our flaws.

All I want is an open discussion atmosphere, banning folks over comments that are no worse than what you see on YT just seems a little too extreme from PoV.

Ofc when folks engaged in sustained harassment, consistently post spam/sock accounts and make threats then yeah ban them!.

Honestly not long ago I would be all for banning via insults and potentially offensive jokes but now it just feels like an overreaction imo.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
We already decided before that ZaStando can't come back, I don't know why he thinks this time would be any different. ZaStando would only cause trouble by lashing out at people who don't agree with his exaggerated tiering on Sonic. Then when people express their distaste for how he acts, he frames it as them "cyberbullying" him. He already made a promise to behave before only to act up again and that's what got him permanently banned.

Oh and this part of his comment "I just remembered that before my second ban I received no warning which is concerning, I'm of the few members of the wiki who has received no warning"

This is wrong as Ant told him to stop but he didn't listen and still kept going so then he got banned.
If this is true he probably shouldn't be unbanned. This sounds like he's already gotten his second chance and his third chance, yet has still misbehaved.

There's a difference between people being meanies on Discord and people actively planning to bring down the wiki.

To what extent do we punish behavior on other sites?

This concerns me because, y'know, it's my Discord.

Simple disrespectful behavior on Discord was never the issue, people that cause problems here just tend to carry that elsewhere, we aren't the internet police.

You don't get banned here for being just being rude about a member on Discord, only something serious like attempting to dox someone here or something equally malicious over Discord would warrant a ban because it shows how you aren't here to bring positive discussion.

Abstractions makes sense here. I don't want to ban people only off of being dicks on, say, my discord; I banned Corgi for his behavior already, I don't like double jeopardy.

But I can understand it here.

It has to be evaluated from case to case. We cannot have some people here behave like it is okay for them to systematically harrass other members just because it isn't within the wiki itself.

Moritzva said:
Abstractions makes sense here. I don't want to ban people only off of being dicks on, say, my discord; I banned Corgi for his behavior already, I don't like double jeopardy.
But I can understand it here.
And you add me back in.

While I hate to speculate, the appreciation for Tomoko and the name "NPC Ant" reek of Gewsbumpz.

I mean, his first edit was an edit of Outlier Manipulation, changing it to "My Cause is Just". It's either Gewsbumpz or someone trying to frame him.

I only commented based on that thread alone, but it truly doesn't take a detective to spot.

I also wouldn't see the point in framing him, what does it do to frame someone who was just banned?

DaBoi has done absolutely nothing to warrant anything above a warning. He probably did that because he was fond of the blog rather than to cause more havoc by trolling, as I'm a fairly close friend of his and the humor of the blog didn't target anyone in particular.

I doubt he did that with any malicious intent. Someone should inform him.

@ShakeResounding

He specifically inserted the removed quote that targeted me personally.

Oh, hi, you found the reposted joke blog. Nice!

As for "trolling", the blog's purpose was never to personally attack anyone in particular. Just everyone, which is what jokes like this are meant for. The person even left the name of the person who said the quote out of it out of respect for the person who said the quote's privacy. Literally a joke to poke fun at a funny side of the Versus Debating community and a funny thing that (I'm assuming, please correct me if I'm wrong) you said which is why I reposted it. Because I found it funny and it would be shame to get rid of it because someone identified with it too closely and felt offended. Let's not give in to cancel culture, please. Like you said on another thread, Ant, there's too much restriction for speech nowadays and since it's in the blog section, I should be able to put whatever on it as long as it's not offending anyone in particular. Just those who feel too attacked by it because they may a little insecure and denial to take the joke.

There is no malicious intent whatsoever, but if you're going to take it as that, I don't really have much to say other than the blog seems no different from the many joke threads on the wiki and its not really disrupting anything aside from the emotions of people who feel personally attacked. 'Guess the only difference would be its a blog and not a proper joke thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back