• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
SpookyShadow said:
Who tf is this guy
Posts like these are unnecessary.

However, do not feed the trolls by discussing their behaviour here, as they get excited and motivated by any form of attention. Strictly report them to the staff, who then block them and mass-delete their contributions.

GyroNutz said:
You don't need a warning to be banned after being banned a first time. Being unbanned isn't a clean sheet, your past actions are still there. I trust that the staff who banned him wouldn't give out a permban without knowing the full context.
If HR are talking about it, let them come to a final decision.
If it's for a different action, yes; yes he would, from my knowledge warnings are a mandatory to give users a chance, a simple telling to "stop this otherwise there will be consquences" is the least one can do before stuff goes down, and bruh if they knew the full context they would be aware of the stuff I discussed with medeus and ZaStando wouldn't be banned. You cannot shut down an ai and expect it to know everything turned back on, it learns very little chief.

I discussed that with ant, that attitude leads to a point where months have gone by and nothing significant has happened. I'm a patient dog but not when things so clear in the air like this are being slow in registry and i'm by no means rushing or trying to disrespect, I wish the engine would run faster though as a Desire.

ZaStando went from "Eff you Sonic Is Outerversal" to "Okay let's talk about this"

Denying this would be a lie.

I'm honestly not sure if he even meant it in that context, or if it's report worthy. It sounds more like something you could politely ask him via message wall about.

He was very obviously using the other meaning of the word cum, which is is basically used to describe something with a dual nature or function.

An example of one of his uses is in the Kom'rk-class fighter profile where it's classification is Troop transport cum space superiority fighter which means it is both a transport ship and a space fighter.

SnowFlame556 said:
He was very obviously using the other meaning of the word cum, which is is basically used to describe something with a dual nature or function.
He was basically saying come/came to a location. I don't see why this is important anymore.

SnowFlame556 said:

An example of one of his uses is in the Kom'rk-class fighter profile where it's classification is Troop transport cum space superiority fighter which means it is both a transport ship and a space fighter.
Exactly. English is not his first language, and he has consistently been very responsible, sensible, and well-behaved.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cum

@Antvasima and other concerned staff

Regarding the situation some time ago regarding Corgi the Gen Z God, ShadowWarrior1999, etc and their actions over discord- three of the seven or so members of the discord have received bans.

After discussion (where one could find it), Corgi and Shadow have received temporary bans of one year and three months respectively. Radical Citizen Khan, in light of his low edit count and immediately hostile actions (telling another user to kill themselves) has been perma banned.

As a person who often finds himself in Discord servers with Shadow, any "gleeful genocidal bigotry" is nothing more than jokes or things said in the heat of anger. One can find them distasteful and unnecessary, but the guy isn't going around and telling everyone just how much he wants to murder people.

A few "screencaptures" probably shouldn't be enough to warrant a perma-ban when nothing he's ever done here has suggested he hates anyone because of who they are. As far as I know, my friend isn't a sort of Neo-Nazi.

Also, Shadow and Godhand are two seperate people.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thank you. If ShadowWarrior1999 used GodHead1999 as a title earlier, I think that his ban should be permanent though, given that I was shown screencaptures of him expressing gleefull genocidal bigotry on Discord. I don't want that kind of person to be a part of this community.
Shadow and Godhand are different people.

Shake is usually a reliable and helpful member. However, you can see the screencaptures yourself in the linked threads. They seem convincing.

I'm aware that Godhand is a separate entity to Shadow, and did not receive a ban for his actions. Shadow's ban was less for severity and more for the constant unending amount of targeted potshots at other users. Not criticism, just frankly stupid insults. Over and over again. Enough general hatred adds up to a poor image of the guy.

If Godhand must be banned, so be it, but I'd like to think the more ridiculous screenshots are just absurd jokes. Offensive jokes, granted, but in context I don't think they're terrible (?). I won't vouch that for certain, but that's how I took it.

I share the same sentiment with Bambu, as much as I would like to believe that some of the more outlandish things said were truthfully spoken, I personally don't see them as anything but offensive and tasteless humor.

Poe's law and what not.

Okay. My apologies for the mixup.

However, I do think that we should ban the two members who expressed genocidal bigotry, that being Godhand and whoever RightwingShulk is.

Antvasima said:
Shake is usually a reliable and helpful member. However, you can see the screencaptures yourself in the linked threads. They seem convincing.
I 100% understand where you're coming from. If I was an outside observer, I'd see them as pretty bad things to say. But after knowing the guy, believe me when I say those were taken and labelled as something much worse than what they are. Bambu speaks the truth on that.

I'm not ignorant to the fact of how it looks, trust me. It looks bad. But I wouldn't be friends with a person who would geniunely wants to cause others harm for simply being themselves, believe me on that.

Regardless, I've said my part. I'll avoid clogging up the thread further.

RightWingShulk is Corgi, who is already blocked for a year. And the jokes about Hitler and Mussolini seemed more like jokes, its the stuff he said about the multiple religious groups and calling them "Breeds of A**ism" is what I consider suspicious.

And yes, GodHand and Shadow are clearly different people; the former was a member since 2014, which is older than most people's accounts. And yes, it's best not to clog up the thread.

Okay. Thank you for the information. I would prefer if GodHand is further investigated though.

In any case, we should stop maintaining this conversation here.

Not entirely sure why GodHand, Corgi or even Shadow should be banned for something they said off-site. Sure, some stuff said can raise a few eyebrows, I know, but why should they not be allowed on here when their political opinions and behavior offsite doesn't effect anything that happens onsite?

Especially when, one, GodHand, Shadow & Corgi have been well-behaved members onsite for the most part aside from someone bringing Corgi's name up damn near every time in rule violations for just existing, two, being in a Discord server with them all, its really just dark jokes and, three, any interaction with another user offsite that just so happens to be a user on here is just that: offsite and for the most part, any beef offsite isn't being brought here unless someone is petty enough make it problem here. Its a fictional index/debating site and the only things anyone on here should be concerned about are the stats for fictional characters. What anyone thinks about things outside of power scaling and fictional characters should be irrelevant here. This just feels like another stunt to censor one's speech because they don't like what they say.

I am usually very against corporate and/or government censorship and/or oppression of opposing political opinions, as is currently going on all over the world, and is enthusiastically enforced by Silicon Valley as a whole, but there is still an upper limit to what can be allowed. Legally speaking the line should go at inciting violence, terrorism, and/or tyranny, but for our purposes I think that genocidal bigotry and/or cyberbullying crosses it.

The bans are done. I would like to state that I did consider good behavior on site as a mitigating factor where applicable- hence Shadow's much shorter ban. Let's move on folks.

Alright I know Bambu said we are done and if I can't do anything about it oh well but I just want to let this out there as I feel it is within my responsibility as the server's owner to explain what Shake was saying is correct. These are all jokes. The quality of their jokes is something I'm not gonna vouch for but trust me they be joshing. Some of the edgy shit they say are just facades and isn't their true nature. At this point I'm not trying to get any of them unbanned as it seems like fruitless battle but as someone that allowed them to talk like this I think it's wise to make this post so we can have a clear reference mark we can go back to if this happens again (which most likely will.)

B9E3EB6E-D584-4241-BE2B-7CFCCA9B573F
If Shadow was actually downright ****** up like we are making him out to be then why would he think something this fair is earned?

D59F8A59-118B-4682-B32C-88B1DFE5FEDD
some of the contents they say here are pretty offensive but it is in the context of them saying the stuff they spouted are just jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back