• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newendigo said:
Gonna ask: Is this sort of behavior worth to call a major authority (Like the police)?
Because forcing your way with a bunch of sexual explicit and gruesome content on a website filled with a lot of young users, ain't enough to call out?

I know we have no way to know these people, I'm just asking out of ignorance.
Posting NSFW pictures on a public website as a troll sounds really hard to prosecute in a court of law.

Newendigo said:
So a court won't take that shit serious?
Danm, this danm my day. I'm danm out here.
Actually, it depends, if they intend to show these NSFW pictures with the intent to show them (Or be seen by) to minors (16 to 18 and younger) then it can be considered Child abuse.

Additionally, (in the UK) the 2003 Communications act states that any electronic act made with the intent for gross offence can be found liable in a Court of Law.

Actions on FANDOM websites are subject to the laws of California according to ToU, so the laws of wherever they live don't matter in a case like this.

The laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, govern these Terms of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and the Company or any of our affiliates. You agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection with your use of the Service other than in the state and federal courts of California, and you hereby consent to and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of California.
~ FANDOM Terms of Use, Section 17: Governing Law, Venue, and Jurisdictio​
If a user does something on a FANDOM wiki that can get them arrested in California, they can be prosecuted by the company regardless of the laws of where they live. And any defenses involving "lack of personal jurisdictio" (as in, "you can't prosecute me because I live in a different state/country and you have no way of getting me to appear before your court of law" type defenses) are waived the moment that user moves forward with making a FANDOM account.

TL;DR: Convince the people at FANDOM to take legal action, and you might get some semblance of a result. Maybe.

Jim, stop leaving these here. There's no point in telling us about things happening offsite. Nobody with any jurisdiction on this site can do anything about them.

Report them all to FANDOM and stop giving them any attention.

GojiBoyForever said:
I had pressed the link before you told me. Should I be concerned?
Your IP has been traced and now they know where you live. I'll let you be the judge of that.

Until they do something on VSBW specifically, there's nothing we can do. Why do you think they're messaging you on other wikis you're not even a part of?

Just ignore them, and stop reporting them here. I won't tell you a third time.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Jim, stop leaving these here. There's no point in telling us about things happening offsite. Nobody with any jurisdiction on this site can do anything about them.
Report them all to FANDOM and stop giving them any attention.
okay least Take care.

Jimboydejuan12 said:
well think do same here every find Troll user sent message in our my message.
Report to Fandom. Also if there's an Admin at the other wikis tell them about it so they can get banned there too.

Then go do that instead of continuing to fill the RVT with comments that don't accomplish anything.

Joaco0902 said:
Thank you very much for your help
Changing your IP doesn't do anything, the information carried by your old IP holds your location, chagning your IP doesn't remove that information from IPlogger's database.

The police cannot do anything.

You need to contact FANDOM and have them prosecute them, then once FANDOM has done it's business, sue them as well from breach of privacy.

Contacting the police is literally the first thing you should do in that case, even if you think it's not going to help. They know your IP and location so at least you should be under protection for this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back