• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Until the decided upon date (if we do three months, that would be 8/3/2023), any time he posts on a Nasuverse thread of any type would be considered a rule violation in of itself and is reportable. A true ban may be handed out in this instance.
@Marshadow29 has been posting in the Nasuverse General Discussion Thread. For context see above where he received a topic ban that would last until 8/3/2023.

I could go on, but there are over a dozen more of these.

Frankly, I am quite tired of this. I don't know if this is RVR worthy but I am reporting @speedster352 for always jumping the gun and trying to evalute a calc he did not make.
If it was only one time i won't be making this but this is about the 3rd time he's done this and I and other people have warned/ shared our discontent with this.

The first time I have seen him do this was with Kachon and he was upset with it even to even the point he didn't want to help with the verse anymore

The second time was with my calc, going ahead to make a calc evaluation thread and I, the creator did not want it to be evaluated

The third time he makes another calc thread with a bunch of @Aether2734 's calc and Aether has warned him about this type of stuff before.

Should an offical warning be enacted because he doesn't seem to take other warnings to heart?

While I did technically state "all types", these posts seem harmless, and standard discussion threads are generally allowed provided that said posts aren't rule breakages themselves.
I agree. Unfortunally, he went and made this thread, which is an extremely thinly veiled atempt at evading a thread ban as far as I see. I mean, he even stopped trying to hide it at some point, and this one is obviously an atempt at getting ratings up.

Dunno if I would suggest any severe punishment or anything, but at least a warning should be had.

Frankly, I am quite tired of this. I don't know if this is RVR worthy but I am reporting @speedster352 for always jumping the gun and trying to evalute a calc he did not make.
If it was only one time i won't be making this but this is about the 3rd time he's done this and I and other people have warned/ shared our discontent with this.

The first time I have seen him do this was with Kachon and he was upset with it even to even the point he didn't want to help with the verse anymore

The second time was with my calc, going ahead to make a calc evaluation thread and I, the creator did not want it to be evaluated

The third time he makes another calc thread with a bunch of @Aether2734 's calc and Aether has warned him about this type of stuff before.

Should an offical warning be enacted because he doesn't seem to take other warnings to heart?
Why does that matter?

I don't think this should be something we ever punish people for. It seems ludicrous to require the creator's permission for a calc to get evaluated. Calcs influence verses in ways that all supporters of the verse would be invested in.

Why do you and Kachon actively not want calcs evaluated? The only reason given in one of those posts (if Speedster asks it'll get rejected) makes zero sense.

I find that mindset so incomprehensible, that I don't think there should be any punishment for going against it.

I'm not pushing for any punishment at all. At max a warning to require permission to evaluate something he did not make or partake in.

Requiring the permission of the creator is about respect nothing more. You don't know the plans the creator has in plan for the calc, whether or not he's still working on it or even doesn't want it to be evaluated anymore.

Going ahead without at least letting the creator what your intentions are is imo not respectful as it's not your work nor you actually put effort into it. I'm not saying the intent of the person is bad, but you should at least respect the creator enough to ask for permission.

And in Speeds case, it's not the first or second time he's done this.

Why does that matter?

I don't think this should be something we ever punish people for. It seems ludicrous to require the creator's permission for a calc to get evaluated. Calcs influence verses in ways that all supporters of the verse would be invested in.

Why do you and Kachon actively not want calcs evaluated? The only reason given in one of those posts (if Speedster asks it'll get rejected) makes zero sense.

I find that mindset so incomprehensible, that I don't think there should be any punishment for going against it.
Sorry to intrude, but after check the calculations and discussions I believe the problem was that their calculations had problems, weren't good enough or needed some improving but despite thay speedster spammed the walls of several calc members before they could do something with them.

Edit: Ninjaed.

I just don't think that should be necessary.

Why should we ignore a valid calculation of a feat in a show just because the person who ran the numbers doesn't want it used anymore? That destroys the information integrity of the wiki. In extreme cases of this, we have backed up and reposted people's calcs.

If the calcs still need updating, then it's a bit of a waste of time, but doesn't matter too much. Rejected calcs can still be evaluated again and accepted after they're updated. That happens a lot, actually.

I agree. Unfortunally, he went and made this thread, which is an extremely thinly veiled atempt at evading a thread ban as far as I see. I mean, he even stopped trying to hide it at some point, and this one is obviously an atempt at getting ratings up.

Dunno if I would suggest any severe punishment or anything, but at least a warning should be had.
I don't understand why this is considered thread ban evasion.

It seems like a genuine question to me that he took from a Fate Discussion and put into a Question and Answers thread to get more input from others in the forum.

What exactly is so much different between asking this in a discussion thread and asking it in Questions and Answers?

I would agree that creating a thread to tier the verse while under topic ban is an evasion of said topic ban, even if phrased in a sideways manner.

@Marshadow29 Knock it off. You get this one warning. Carry out your ban.

Again it's really not about valid or invalid number. The main problem is respect and at least asking the calc creator that you want to get their calc evaluated.

Some people won't mind if someone went ahead and got their calc evaluated while some don't. And when someone does this more than one time to people who don't want their calc evaluated, problems would arise(minor or not) with said person and that ain't healthy at all.

Simply ask the creator

This is my last response in this thread, I understand it's an rvr thread so I'm gonna stop here.

Last edited:

It's a thread for pure discussion, about a topic already spoken about in the discussion thread. Another member talking about a 1-b scan for nasu, and linked the luminary's profile. I have no intention of making any crts ( the most that was going to happen would've been another member would use that scan for the upgrade. I was only looking for outside opinion on if the claim had any validity ( for the record, i was not the first to suggest this rating either, if you bothered to scroll through)

It seems like a genuine question to me that he took from a Fate Discussion and put into a Question and Answers thread to get more input from others in the forum.

What exactly is so much different between asking this in a discussion thread and asking it in Questions and Answers?
exactly this. I wasn't the only one discussing the topic , or the first either

In this case it would be thread ban evasion because part of his original bad quality threads that got him banned were related with that sort of argument that pushed so high characters, and he was also one of the individuals stonewalling other bad quality threads (called like that by botj the reliable users that participated in them and staff) from other users with similar views as him that were pushing for the same things as he did in his own threads. So this is indeed a way to evade his thread ban.
It's a thread for pure discussion, about a topic already spoken about in the discussion thread. Another member talking about a 1-b scan for nasu, and linked the luminary's profile. I have no intention of making any crts ( the most that was going to happen would've been another member would use that scan for the upgrade. I was only looking for outside opinion on if the claim had any validity ( for the record, i was not the first to suggest this rating either, if you bothered to scroll through)

exactly this. I wasn't the only one discussing the topic , or the first either
But you are the one with a thread ban for threads like this, so if is a genuine doubt that many share then it would had be better to let them make the threads instead of you who have a record with this topics.

Edit: Just in case, I'm posting about this because I'm actually involed in this topic as the one who originally reported Marsh.

Just keep your discussions to the general topic threads, Marshadow. You aren't in trouble at present, but your topic ban covers this instance. If it needs discussing, get someone else to handle the discussion. This doesn't bear discussion, we can move on.

Why does that matter?

Because some calcers have things in motion that people who eagerly go to rush evaluations for mess up

Sometimes the calc isn't even done or they wanna add something but then you get overeager people who ask for evaluations, and now the calc is filled with "no, this is wrong, this is bad, this is horrible"

Sometimes after it's evaluated you have people who automatically make threads about it even when verses have people who want to wait and crt it with other calcs that have yet to be evaluated

Sometimes people are still looking at things to be added to the calc

Somebody throwing your calculation around for the world's criticism isn't their job, and it's annoying when you have other plans for said calcs

If a calc was rejected, and then updated, CGMs should look at it and evaluate the new version. Hell, if a calc was accepted, and then updated with more stuff, CGMs should still look at it and evaluate the new version. Your points seem to be under the misconception that CGMs can only evaluate calcs once. Previous rejections that were later overruled as the calc was updated and accepted do not matter in the slightest.

There is a distinct point though; the one about creating CRTs, but on top of that being unrelated to this report, that sorta behaviour's also fine. You can tell them that their revision will be pointless, but if they still wanna do it, that's their prerogative. They're gonna have to do the work of implementing it anyway.

Sometimes the calc isn't even done or they wanna add something but then you get overeager people who ask for evaluations, and now the calc is filled with "no, this is wrong, this is bad, this is horrible"
As a reminder, you probably shouldn't be posting calculations in blogs if they aren't done for this exact reaction. Any user can make any number of sandboxes by messing with their profile's URL, if a calc isn't finished it can easilt be put there until ready for evaluation.

As a reminder, you probably shouldn't be posting calculations in blogs if they aren't done for this exact reaction. Any user can make any number of sandboxes by messing with their profile's URL, if a calc isn't finished it can easilt be put there until ready for evaluation.
I know people who have been here longer than me who just found out what a sandbox is. We don't even have distinct rules on how to make a sandbox. You've never seen a blog with sandbox in the title, people thinking their blogs are sandboxes?

I don't feel comfortable trying to pin this on "you shouldn't blog it if it's ready", instead of "stop treating it like it's yours to distribute"

If a calc was rejected, and then updated, CGMs should look at it and evaluate the new version. Hell, if a calc was accepted, and then updated with more stuff, CGMs should still look at it and evaluate the new version. Your points seem to be under the misconception that CGMs can only evaluate calcs once. Previous rejections that were later overruled as the calc was updated and accepted do not matter in the slightest.
We live in the era where occasionally it can take months to get a cgm just to click your blog, much less evaluate it, much less evaluate it twice

I've had calcs I made years ago still waiting for evaluation. Much less calcs I'm not ready to get evaluated
There is a distinct point though; the one about creating CRTs, but on top of that being unrelated to this report, that sorta behaviour's also fine. You can tell them that their revision will be pointless, but if they still wanna do it, that's their prerogative. They're gonna have to do the work of implementing it anyway.
It doesn't need to be something against the rules, it needs to be something pointed against

We don't even have distinct rules on how to make a sandbox.
We do, from Editing Rules
It is heavily encouraged to make blog or sandbox drafts of character profile pages before actually publishing them. You can access your personal sandbox by following this link. This way you can clean up and perfect the profiles until they are finished and ready to publish.
That text is in Standard Format for Character Profiles, and probably a few other places, too.
I don't feel comfortable trying to pin this on "you shouldn't blog it if it's ready", instead of "stop treating it like it's yours to distribute"
I think we do actually consider blogs to be everyone's to be used. Lina Shields deleted most of his ~140 calc blogs 6 years ago, and less than a month later, the blogs were restored by other staff members. I think that decision's good; we shouldn't let people hamper verses from being accurate.
We live in the era where occasionally it can take months to get a cgm just to click your blog, much less evaluate it, much less evaluate it twice

I've had calcs I made years ago still waiting for evaluation. Much less calcs I'm not ready to get evaluated
I know that I, at least, am far more willing to evaluate blogs that I've already evaluated. I think many other CGMs are the same.
It doesn't need to be something against the rules, it needs to be something pointed against
It doesn't need a punishment. It needs to not be done
That makes it against the rules.

If we never punish someone, it's not a real rule.

If it's not against the rules, we shouldn't tell them to not do it.

Last edited:
Back