• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I've looked at the conversation in general and, without knowing full context (your history with one another), I would agree both of you are being decently nasty towards one another with personal insults and condescension. You insult him ("Sanji wankers") as much as he does you.

I don't know the consistency with which this becomes an issue, but this singular incident is just two kids bickering, a minor ass issue that we do not generally hand out rule violations for. If it is an established trend, I will leave a general premonition for both of you: we have, in the past, topic banned individuals who cannot play nice with one another.

I agree with Nierre.

Damn near every time I see y'all interact, it's just full of petty and immature insults.
True, but I hardly insulted him there, seems like he just got in his feels.
I've looked at the conversation in general and, without knowing full context (your history with one another), I would agree both of you are being decently nasty towards one another with personal insults and condescension. You insult him ("Sanji wankers") as much as he does you.

I don't know the consistency with which this becomes an issue, but this singular incident is just two kids bickering, a minor ass issue that we do not generally hand out rule violations for. If it is an established trend, I will leave a general premonition for both of you: we have, in the past, topic banned individuals who cannot play nice with one another.
People call each others wankers all the time, hell it's even said that staff do that, it's not a grand offense.
I don't really want the guy to get punished for it but randomly insulting my intelligence/competence calls for a report.

Edit: Also even if I do have a record of arguing with him and disagreeing with him on certain stuff he doesn't get the privilege to randomly go off at me because I think his favorite character loses to another, just like I don't get that privilege to go off at him for that.

Wanker is still an insult. I didn't refer to it as a "grand offense"- just noted that both of you were insulting one another, so acting as though the sin lies solely on him is a bit clueless, regardless of the severity (or lack thereof) of the offense.

This singular offense, excised from the context of whatever past arguments you have had with the man, is unworthy of punishment. Do try to avoid scuffling in the future, as if it does turn into a nasty downward spiral, punishments can be doled out. That is all.

Wanker is still an insult. I didn't refer to it as a "grand offense"- just noted that both of you were insulting one another, so acting as though the sin lies solely on him is a bit clueless, regardless of the severity (or lack thereof) of the offense.

This singular offense, excised from the context of whatever past arguments you have had with the man, is unworthy of punishment. Do try to avoid scuffling in the future, as if it does turn into a nasty downward spiral, punishments can be doled out. That is all.
Alright then.
Honestly I do have a bit of a history of being argumentative and even insulting sometimes with him, but as I said before I didn't do that here, that's the only reason I felt the need to report him, as he tends to go off sometimes even if I didn't do much.

Man

We were already on the precipice of deleting this guy due to stomp threads. I'm for a ban, but not hard-set. Regardless of outcome: @Pizzabox492 My man, you need to knock it off. Read the profiles, carefully, before making a match.

Based on the link you provided, it doesn't appear that he is intentionally creating uneven matches. He acknowledged his mistake and the thread was subsequently closed.

Therefore, I believe that he may be unaware or not fully comprehending the versus threads system, rather than having any malicious intent. Unless he has a history of this, then we need to investigate it carefully.

We are at his 4th report. I don’t understand why he isn’t just matchbanned permanently, I don’t know a single other user that could make up to 20 individual stomp matches without any sort of punishment.
This is the kicker of the situation, yeah. The problem isn't that this specific instance is that bad, it's just that the man positively refuses to learn from his mistakes. At this rate some suspicious side of my mind would start calling malice being the root cause, but a matchban would be a better way to go, aye. If we're going that route, a year ought to do it.

This is the kicker of the situation, yeah. The problem isn't that this specific instance is that bad, it's just that the man positively refuses to learn from his mistakes. At this rate some suspicious side of my mind would start calling malice being the root cause, but a matchban would be a better way to go, aye. If we're going that route, a year ought to do it.
Thank you for the help bambu.

I firmly agree. No one can be ignorant this many times, and he outright admitted to not taking it serious on prior occasion.

He acknowledged that he did not take it seriously because he was unaware of how severe the consequences would be if he were reported for it.

In the past, he showed accountability by admitting his mistake and apologizing for it.

If possible, could I review all four cases within their reports? I ask because I feel that a one-year penalty seems overly harsh.

So there are no 4 cases as well as 4 reports? Because as far as I can tell, this is his second report and one year match ban seems over-exaggerated.
Again, you’re not a mod, stop trying to be a hall monitor. People not directly involved with the report shouldn’t even be commenting, I don’t know why you think your responses are imperative to reaching a conclusion. Lay off the thread.

Did.. you not just also comment on agreeing with 1 year even tho you are not involved or a mod? So I am firmly disagreeing with it.

Did.. you not just also comment on agreeing with 1 year even tho you are not involved or a mod? So I am firmly disagreeing with it.
He technically provided relevant evidence for the case in that post, here you're just acting as if you're a moderator when you clearly aren't.
You'd have to apply for that position and have that application approved before you start trying to evaluate situations in this thread, iirc.
Anyway please stop with the bickering, this is off-topic.

Back