• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Impress did admittedly not handle that situation well, but I am trying to instruct her to do better in the future, and she is extremely helpful when it comes to making many verses more accurate, so we definitely need her help with our staff work here.

Yeah, I am opposition. I said we can present new arguments and dust off the verse, not all caps reverse the decision, or did that fact escape you when you took your pretentious high horse?

If you don’t like the response, don’t misconstrue what I’m saying. Calling me thin-skinned while you twist my words is ironic sad hell.
I think saying "you took your pretentious high horse" is a fairly blatant insult, and "punishment" was a day long threadban, on an essentially inactive thread, barely anything.

Like what am I supposed to do here then?

"She twisted my words" with what, half a line?

Helpfulness isn’t a factor. She twisted my words when I had been respectful to all parties, and avoided a potential fight, yet I’m “tough-guy”ing her, and my “blatantly deteriorating” response was “pretentious high horse”. I think that’s a fairly even counter.
Yes, you were not at fault this time. I said as much in the thread. However, I also do not think that a 1 day thread ban and a deleted post is a noteworthy case of power abuse.

I think saying "you took your pretentious high horse" is a fairly blatant insult, and "punishment" was a day long threadban, on an essentially inactive thread.

Look, you overreacted a bit, but it also isn't a big deal. Just try to do better in the future, so this situation does not deteriorate further, please.

I think saying "you took your pretentious high horse" is a fairly blatant insult, and "punishment" was a day long threadban, on an essentially inactive thread.

And you don’t think “did that basic fact escape you when you tried tough-guy me?” was insulting? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, physics will tell you that, and you reap the things you sow. You want respect? Act respectful. Your frustration with Ike has nothing to do with your response with me.

I’m done with you.

And you don’t think “did that basic fact escape you when you tried tough-guy me?” was insulting?
...it isn't, yeah. Me saying you're trying to strongarm for no reason isn't the same as you calling me pretentious.
Your frustration with Ike has nothing to do with your response with me.
I don't get this
I’m done with you.
I considered this a non-issue anyways, so sure, yeah.

Moving on

What Ant said. People **** up sometimes, it isn't the end of the world. Just move on and nobody has to get punished.
Strongly agreed.

Also, I removed the thread ban previously, and can restore the deleted post as well. It is much better for the verse if everybody involved try to continue to help out with the thread by summarising the arguments there, so I can call other staff members to evaluate it.

...do you mean the thread where you claimed chimpanzees can operate rifles based off of bajillion proven fake videos and never letting go of it even when 3 different staff members said no?

That was closed on OP bias.

...do you mean the thread where you claimed chimpanzees can operate rifles based off of bajillion proven fake videos and never letting go of it even when 3 different staff members said no?

That was closed on OP bias.
You wanted proof and I tried finding some...

It isn't about privacy she just closed the thread without saying why
Ok I know the concept is "we shouldn't discuss this because it's dumb and stupid" but like, technically this IS an RVR report... and its a lie at that

I closed it first time since it was a skillstomp, state it very blatantly and with demonstration, and second time a bureaucrat (AKM) closed it.

Topic actually resolved, end of discussion.

Well, it would be less severe, but still not acceptable, as I see it, but it depends on the context.

For example, saying "Look, I am autistic as well, and I have managed to get it mostly under control, so stop using it as an excuse to hold yourself back, or to oppress others just because you have been oppressed." or somesuch would be acceptable in my mind.

Back