• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Message to the Staff
PLEASE do something about it. You know he’s gonna keep doing them. He’s been reported a bunch of times and has gotten away with it somehow, and you have done NOTHING about it. Pretty much everyone on the wiki is tired of these stomps by this dude above. And he needs to be stopped once and for all

Question about Sonicflare's matches: Are they just really bad stomps, or is there reason to believe they might be spite threads? Has anybody sat down and talked to them about the issue or have they just been reported and then ignored?

Then someone tell him to look at the profiles before making horrible stomp matches. If he's been warned multiple times and has still continues to ignore the profiles and make these stomps, it warrants a temp ban. Not to long though.

It's a "same tier so it works" thing, what AP said character has in the tier isn't looked at and hax isn't either.

im not sure who to ask for things

With all due respect, you've been on this Wiki for awhile now and ignorance can only get you so far at this point.

*You've repeatedly made bad stomp matches when you were repeatedly warned to stop.

*You were told to actually READ the profiles before making future match ups yet you clearly haven't.

*You've ignore folks when they explicitly explain why certain match-ups simply don't work.

I get there will always be a thrill in pitting fictional characters in a fight to see who wins or even discussing how their powers, abilities and personalities would hypothetically interact with each other (that's one of the main reason folks come to this site) however this site has clear standards when it comes to match-ups (standards you clearly have some level of understanding of, since you know how equalize speed to avoid a blitz).

I think you need to take a break from making Vs matches for while and really think long and hard about your role here (I did a similar thing and it worked wonders).

Also I hope my (and the others) replies aren't pressurizing you too much we just want you to understand our PoV. Personally I don't want to see someone get banned for a dumb reason as "repeatedly making stomp threads" but that's the (avoidable) scenario you've found yourself in.

Last edited:
With all due respect, you've been on this Wiki for awhile now and ignorance can only get you so far at this point.

*You've repeatedly made bad stomp matches when you were repeatedly warned to stop.

*You were told to actually READ the profiles before making future match ups yet you clearly haven't.

*You've ignore folks when they explicitly explain why certain match-ups simply don't work.

I get there will always be thrill in pitting fictional characters in a fight to see who wins or even discussing how their powers, abilities and personalities would hypothetically with interact with each other (that's one of the main reason folks come to this site) however this site has clear standards when it comes to match-ups (standards you clearly have some level of understanding of, since you know how equalize speed to avoid a blitz).

I think you need to take a break from making Vs matches for while and really think long hard about your role here (I did a similar thing too and it worked wonders).

Also I hope my (and the others) replies aren't pressurizing you too much we just want you to understand our PoV. Personally I don't want to see someone to get banned for a stupid reason as "repeatedly making stomp threads" but that's the (avoidable) scenario you've found yourself in.
While I don't want to pressurize him, and I'm sorry if I came off harsh or dick-ish, the guy has apparently been warned 5 times. He knows what he's doing. He simply doesn't care, clearly. My suggestion of a temp ban was to harsh, but I'd like it if we made him take some sort of accountability for his actions. I could be wrong though, don't usually get involved in RVR stuff.

While I don't want to pressurize him, and I'm sorry if I came off harsh or dick-ish, the guy has apparently been warned 5 times. He knows what he's doing. He simply doesn't care, clearly. My suggestion of a temp ban was to harsh, but I'd like it if we made him take some sort of accountability for his actions. I could be wrong though, don't usually get involved in RVR stuff.
He's been warned at least twice, he's been told 5 or far more times to look at the profiles

Personally I think you were quite fair given the scenario but folks have different levels of tolerance to criticism (even if they're clearly in the wrong) hence why I even mentioned the "pressurized" stuff since I didn't want to come off as harsh too.

At this point nothing more can be done until the staff makes a decision however I will say we should probably stop this exchange since the RVR isn't for conversations, so let's just drop it for now. This will be my last comment on the subject.

I get there will always be a thrill in pitting fictional characters in a fight to see who wins or even discussing how their powers, abilities and personalities would hypothetically interact with each other (that's one of the main reason folks come to this site) however this site has clear standards when it comes to match-ups (standards you clearly have some level of understanding of, since you know how equalize speed to avoid a blitz).

I think you need to take a break from making Vs matches for while and really think long and hard about your role here (I did a similar thing and it worked wonders).

Also I hope my (and the others) replies aren't pressurizing you too much we just want you to understand our PoV. Personally I don't want to see someone get banned for a dumb reason as "repeatedly making stomp threads" but that's the (avoidable) scenario you've found yourself in.
how long should I take a break for?

I do not mind if we give him a cease and desist order that permanently forbids him from creating any more versus threads, and if he breaks that rule we then have to ban him.

is it possible for my versus thread to be under review for mods before i post them if thats fair?
y'know, its really not hard to avoid making stomp matches. Read the profiles and their abilities, check their AP and stats, and if they're reasonably close it's most likely fine for a match.

It takes like 5 minutes. It's really not that difficult to just read through the profiles before making matches for them.

User @Livinmeme is once again going on a rant about 8-Bit theater profiles on the wiki. Normally this obviously wouldn't be report worthy, but IIRC he's been warned by staff and even temporarily banned for not dropping the issue before. He's also being very rude to the staff and making stupid accusations like how they're "Silencing" people, behavior that has been very consistent as of late ever since this minecraft thread happened and failed to go through.

User @Livinmeme is once again going on a rant about 8-Bit theater profiles on the wiki. Normally this obviously wouldn't be report worthy, but IIRC he's been warned by staff and even temporarily banned for not dropping the issue before. He's also being very rude to the staff and making stupid accusations like how they're "Silencing" people, behavior that has been very consistent as of late ever since this minecraft thread happened and failed to go through.

.... no? i was just refering to the books and i alredy stoped i didnt even try to do any CRT it was just a dumb joke that escalated but i stopped

oh also the silecing part is oppinion and i didnt refer to anyone IDK how is that a warn

also how in the world is mentioning a banned series warn worth it that shouldnt cause any problems

(Incoherant grumbling)

they are referring to the books, which may actually put 8-Bit theatre in a position to be on the wiki if its only the books considered. the rest... well... it stands.

I am not sure how to handle the latest issue. Are other staff members here willing to help out please?

He's also being very rude to the staff and making stupid accusations like how they're "Silencing" people, behavior that has been very consistent as of late ever since this minecraft thread happened and failed to go through.
I can confirm that he's engaged in the behavior before having witnessed it with my Team Fortress revisions, but the level of "rude" he is comes down to being disrespectful behind your back for no reason, the accusations against staff are annoying but it's rhetoric spewed by a large group of people so it being spread to others is arguably inevitable, you can try dispelling it but doing so in a fashion that entails "punishment" in any sort of fashion can end up perpetuating this mantra.

On account of 8-Bit Theater I think the most that can be done is he be warned or encouraged to drop the subject for the meantime, the rest isn't exactly report worthy being that I don't believe being offhandedly rude to someone in a fashion not overtly insulting isn't even something you can warn someone over, everyone has grievances with one or two other users, it can't always be helped.

Okay, so would a warning instruction be appropriate?

Also, should we forbid Sonicflare9 from creating any more versus threads for at least a few months?

Back