• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to look at the past reason why @Fan was banned to make an appropiate decision. Well, I do know that I have some knowledge gaps regarding the situation. Nonetheless, from an open-minded standpoint, my viewpoint is roughly the same as @DarkDragonMedeus.

Well, he has certainly seemed unstable in the past, and does not anymore. If he misbehaves again, it is easy to ban him.

I agree with Ant. Having more users supporting the site is always welcome and all, but as usual, avoiding problems is also needed, leading that a simple unban should be fine as long he manages to behave better.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am against unbanning Fan. He is an incredibly manipulative and dishonest person who tries to paint himself as this poor unstable person to excuse any bad behavior but is actually just malicious.
There is no way in which you can say that with any accuracy. A person's mental state can change them dramatically, simple things can send them over the edge in the way that he did. To call a person manipulative and malicious is an extremely harsh assessment based on an appearance of him in the past.

The very fact that Fan has shown a willingness to reapproach us through Ant and apologize for his actions and beg for a second chance shows that he is a changed person. You saw his final message, no? He was done with the site. Now he's back. Surely that implies a change of heart? If he was so malicious as you claim, would he not simply sockpuppet to get back in and damage the site?

He was once a helpful member of the staff that wants to move beyond his mistakes of the past. Surely that counts for something?

This is the last I will say on the topic. If you guys have made up your minds to get rid of him, there's nothing I can do about it. But I strongly advise a second chance.

I think we should give Fan another chance, if he's really all that bad, he can simply be banned again

If he's truly being genuine, good for everyone

I agree 100% with Matthew. I can understand someone's mental health effecting them but that's understandable not acceptable under any circumstances. This sets a very bad example for the wiki to follow, hell any banned user could come back and ask for forgiveness just because they suffer from a mental illness. I've had a mental breakdown a few times and if my illness got the better of me and I acted out in a bad manner I wouldn't be using it as an excuse and I'd expect to remain banned for my behaviour.

Well, FanofRPGs has talked with me quite a lot via my message wall at Community Central, and he seems sincere and far more mentally balanced now. He just has a few content revision projects that he wants to get done. I think that Crimson Azoth seems to make sense.

I mean, the reason why we banned him is because he was so unstable that he wrote nonsense spam on some pages, i.e. did not have control of his behaviour anymore.

I think that we could at least give him a chance to help out with his intended projects that he has prepared research for.

Imho, people should get a second chance to improve. An infinite ban for one mistake is okay for certain situations, but if a person really wants to improve, then they should get a second chance.

Plus, I don't see any harm. If he repeats the same mistakes again, we can always ban him for good this time.

Continued here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3176466

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back