• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah his tone is very antagonistic. If people who actually disagreed with raitings/threads made CRT's without implying in their tone that it's insane the page exists in the way it does in the first place it wouldn't come across as so aggressive.

As usual he completely ignored the warning to shape up his behaviour, and continues to be extremely disrespectful. This is starting to get ridiculous. I think that not removing him and allowing him to continue to be toxic and destablise this community is an extremely bad idea, and undermines the entire point of even having a staff to keep some semblance of peace and order here in the first place:

"K, keep ducking. My claim stands uncontested, then. Concession accepted."

"He's being extremely biased just because he doesn't like the proposed revisions and considers them "shilling." He ignored all the evidence presented and just ranted about not like the revisions."

"Once again by doing this you all but admitting that you and your mods hold double standards."

"You are hiding behind your position, it's blatantly obvioius that that's what you're doing. You've demonstrated it time and time again and continue to do so."

"You're clearly scared to debate me, you make that painfully obvious. This isn't ad hominem, by the way. I'm simply stating a fact, and I'm not dismissing your arguments. I've clearly refuted every single quote you made and proven you're taking them out of context just to make me look bad. So, nice duck, concession accepted, thank you. "

His arguing style is very agressive and in your face I agree. Anyone who actually wanted to make the community better and not cause drama wouldn't bother being so over the top about it.

Anyway, I am far too overworked to continue to have to deal with his type of hostile user, over and over, while he encourages other members to also consistently insult and disrespect the staff, as they see that they can get away with it, and gradually create an extremely hostile work environment. It remains an extremely bad idea to continue to reward that kind of behaviour by being lenient in our punishment of it.

At best I see him being let off this time and being banned if he continues. I don't think the treatment of him is really going to be lenient.

Even more insults and disrespect:

"Imagine ignoring my counterarguments because you can't debunk them. Guess I'm dismissing your claim then."

"Stop playing victim with your "I work 12 hours a day" thing. I don't care. You're not that special."

"You preach about setting an example, yet you allow your mods to instigate the same behavior you're criticizing me for."

"Concession accepted."

I am permanently banning the troll a******. Period. He ignores warning after warning after warning and seems to only be here to insult and undermine the staff. It sets a terrible precedent to let him continue.

I deffinitley think you should ignore him Ant. If he appears in RVT again he deserves a ban probs. He seems to be trying to get under your skin.

I have permanently banned him. His behaviour has been completely unacceptable, and he has systematically ignored all of the warnings that have been afforded him. We have banned many others for considerably less. The current arguments for complete leniency are turning the staff into free-for-all punching bags, and almost nobody will want to work in that kind of environment. If you want to continue to even have a semi-functional wiki, and a staff that do not quit their positions, I strongly suggest that this tendency should be avoided in the future.

Not getting into that here, but I'll say this. I do not like how this was decided

Ignore the argument that his behaviour could be excusable, ignore the argument that most of the staff may have not actually considered them punching bags just because of this. The only issue is that this was decided without any approval of staff other than Ant.

I think you should have at the very least waited for other staff to agree with your decision Ant even if you would intent on banning regardless

Staff consideration or no, that guy was clearly nothing but trouble. I'm pretty sure we'd have come the same consensus either way, no real point in delaying the inevitable I say.

There is still such a thing such as procedure. And waiting maybe a few minutes for a staff to respond is hardly any kind of "delay" that you should feel the need to eliminate.

I won't ask for the ban to be revoked, but I really wish decisions won't be made this hastily in the future.

@Andy

He had repeatedly gone far beyond what is allowed according to the rules of conduct in this community, and I did not have the time and energy to continue to act as a punching bag for an extremely aggressive and disrespectful troll for several hours until the staff had voiced their agreement.

@All

In addition, the people constantly pushing for being overly lenient in these threads usually mean well, but are nevertheless actively undermining the functional framework of this community, as the positive work environment for the staff is being continuously destroyed if we allow even completely new members who have done absolutely nothing to help out to come here mainly just to repeatedly insult and disrespect us. If you want to gradually chase away many of the most hard-working staff member who built this community, including myself, to leave it in completely chaotic shambles, please continue, but if not, I would extremely strongly suggest that you rethink your positions.

@Matthew

Thank you for the support. I am very sorry that you have had to go through a lot of problems here yourself, and hope that the HR group will finish their work soon.

No, I am not. I just work very hard to try to keep this wiki stable and organised.

Let's please stop spamming the RV thread; looking at his attitude, he's banned and it seems better that way. More importantly, next time a user is causing trouble and a staff member feels a ban is excessive, that staff member should preferably be the one who steps in and warns them. And as mentioned above, Antvasima is often overworked and isn't really the type of person who's meant to deal with drama, so banning that trouble maker was the healthiest option.

Anyway, let's please move on from this as it's taken care of now.

I have to agree with Medeus. The ban has already happened, discussing it further will add nothing to the conversation and just derail the thread. Please, let's stop talking about it or offering our 2 cents past this point; it won't change anything unless you are specifically asking for the ban to be lifted.

You guys know a warning isn't necessarily a huge thing, right? It's not like someone giving him a warning is gonna kick him off the site. I'll just give him a message telling him to cool it, and we can stop with this. I don't think it's that big a deal myself, but the warning message I leave doesn't need to be either.

To people really have nothing better to do then insult an entire website over a kids show character getting beat up? It's not like it could've beed added anyway. Some people really don't have anything better to do with their lives, I guess.

Still, he seems to have a somewhat friendly relationship with other users based in his message wall, so I'd recommend a warning for now.

I mean, I think I might've seen him around before abd he seems pretty calm usually. If this is a first offense, then a warning should be fine.

I'm already sorta midway through typing a warning.

It isn't the first time he did this either. Back when Asriel had a win added against Bill (this was when Bill was 2-A), he created another vs thread between them simply because he didn't like the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back