• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out I've been vastly exaggerating the times Regis has been reported leading up until now.

I've gone through every single RVT thread, and Regis' whole message wall, and he's been reported three separate times including the recent one (Wokistan also warned him on his message wall but that was in tandem with the second report, so I didn't count that separately). As an aside, I'm disappointed by Matt's use of misleading language through these RVTs (saying that Regis has been reported 10 times when he'd only been reported once), but I should have looked into this earlier.

Since my previous idea of how bad the situation with Regis was is wrong, I don't think the ban should be as long as it was, and should be vastly reduced, down from a month to 1 or 2 weeks at most.

I am personally fine with a month. 3 times is quite a lot, and there is also his past history to consider.

Matthew was also likely referring to that Regis has turned up in staff conversations as well, although 10 times is obviously just an expression.

Antvasima said:
I am personally fine with a month. 3 times is quite a lot, and there is also his past history to consider.

Matthew was also likely referring to that Regis has turned up in staff conversations as well, although 10 times is obviously just an expression.
This. It was just a figure of speech not to be taken literally. Being reported three times is still quite a lot and I've spoken to staff members who think he should deserve an infinite ban.

And yes, he is a part of the Discord group that tried to destabilize the wiki and caused a lot of drama on threads back then. He got away very lightly

Matthew Schroeder said:
This. It was just a figure of speech not to be taken literally. Being reported three times is still quite a lot and I've spoken to staff members who think he should deserve an infinite ban.

And yes, he is a part of the Discord group that tried to destabilize the wiki and caused a lot of drama on threads back then. He got away very lightly
But if what Agnaa said is true, he'd only been reported once before you making that statement. And the third report honestly isn't even noteworthy if the final warning in the second report wasn't justified.

basically what agnaa said

And again, Kep said that he wasn't bothered to get screenshots regarding him being a part of it or something along those lines, so there really is no proof, or what he actually did.

Regis has been a disturbance for quite some time now. It is probably good that he gets a temporary ban, as it gives him an incentive to shape up.

Sorry if I scared anybody. I first wrote the wrong username in the last post.

This is only a minor issue, or maybe not even one necessarily worth a warning, but Matthew consistently has a bad habit of calling people wrong, incorrect, in a manner that can be sometimes seen as rude, and leaving the thread without actually explaining why. I understand that he's a busy admin, but that's not helping people warm up to him much.

"but Matthew consistently has a bad habit of calling people wrong, incorrect, in a manner that can be sometimes seen as rude, and leaving the thread without actually explaining why. I understand that he's a busy admin, but that's not helping people warm up to him much."

^^^^^^^^^

It's obvious Regis wasn't the only one thrown off by this, as literally 2 other people also jumped on matthew, it's obvious this was just Matt getting on peoples nerves, and the other warnings were already thrown to the trash by Kep and Others, and that it was just weekly being bias.

Even if it isn't a violation it still gets on peoples nerves and causes people (like Regis) to act like this, which is my point, it's just Matt getting on peoples nerves, this is no way his fault.

It is when it's consistently led to bad relations and situations such as the ones we currently find ourselves in. If people are starting to equate this issue and are capable of believing that this is the cause of said issues, there may be truth to them.

Being flat out rude isn't violating the rules?

" Make sure to explain your suggestions in a structured manner that is easy to comprehend. You will not be allowed to change any statistics, if people cannot understand what you mean."

" it is best to keep your suggestions as structured and simple to understand as possible, so the staff will have an easier time evaluating the text. Avoid writing upgrade threads mainly based on assumptions from a limited amount of information, with no additional context or evidence to support them."

This is what we (or atleast I) am referring to in the thread which I see as rude, and matt doing so is literally breaking 2 rules, this is a red flag for matt, not Regis, unless the entire thread is just Regis' alts and all of them were fed up with matt, right?

I agree with Andy. Some of our members have a bad habit of ganging up on Matthew because he has successfully argued for or against revisions in the past that they wanted the opposite results for. He has generally shaped up his behaviour a lot over the years, but nobody is perfect. Also, being constantly provoked by the members in question doesn't help.

I'm not saying that it's anything major. I (and many others) just would prefer if he would keep his evidence with his statements so there isn't any confusion in the future.

Also, those are not warning-worthy rules, just instructions how to make our jobs easier. Matthew is just busy IRL nowadays.

Well, it's not really due to past revisions that people dislike Matt, I used to dislike him for answering threads with a simple Yes/No, bit now I understand he is busy IRL.

I understand that as well, but perhaps it would be better to just leave a thread be sometimes, or even just say "I'll explain later"

Yobo Blue said:
Anyway, this isn't worth discussing here, I guess, but I don't think there's a better place to discuss it as of now.
Agreed. Let's drop this.

I don't want Matthew to get harrassed any more than he already is, so I would appreciate if you keep these types of discussions with him private outside of the wiki.

I currently lack methods of doing so, so I'll leave it at that. I don't want to clog this thread anymore then necessary.

Aww, I like when you two stick together. With all the hatred we get offsite (a good portion of which encourages guys to come to our site just to harass us or whatever), we need to try and stay in arms, both staff and non-staff alike.

Speaking of, there was a guy that posted a very...peculiar message on Dragon's wall involving Matt, ShadowWarrior1991 (for some reason) and Dragon himself but I never thought to report it since the aforementioned themselves replied and it seems he was just voicing others' general complaints about the staff members (even though Shadow isn't staff).

This isn't a full-on report, but I just find it strange and felt the need to mention it.

Hykuu. Stop derailing this thread with irrelevant nonsense. Thank you.

@Sera EX

The member who posted it has repeatedly trolled this wiki by trying to start manipulative inflammatory discussions, and then acted like he didn't mean any harm and won't do it again afterwards, just to start all over again.

I personally think that he has lost all traces of credibility, is a wholly destructive influence here, that we should permanently ban him, and say good riddance afterwards.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/Pokemonfan807

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back