• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is default, but he uses a VPN.

Outward harassment is something I have no tolerance for, but if others think a ban was to much, I'll unban him with a warning.

@Cinnabar This was the first thing he did after coming here so it likely wouldn't have.

Regardless he's already blocked so let's not dwell on it any longer.

HierophantDeluxe said:
The best way of dealing with idiots like him is to just stop replying to his posts in general/delete them and bring the violation here.

Two messages is all we need; one to report and maybe one from the admin to confirm.

EDIT: With our wiki getting more popular then ever, this needs to become the precedent. I know there's an urge to just blurt your opinion or less then relevant comment - don't. It's only going to encourage more to come.
I modified the first post in this thread accordingly.

Dargoo Faust said:
The real cal howard said:
he don't know what he did wrong.
If they didn't know what they did was wrong that's honestly more of a reason to keep them banned.
To be fair, that's really bad logic, for example, if we banned you right now, for no reason, you'd say: "I got banned for no reason" meaning you don't know why you were banned.

By your own logic, you'd want to keep yourself banned, or give yourself more reason to keep you banned.

Uselessnoob245 said:
What about new users who violated a rule on accident because they still didn't know how VSBW works?
We try to give them warnings first, we don't ban new users unless they're obvious sock-puppets, trolls or harass others. If it was an honest mistake, then we unban them.

Udlmaster said:
To be fair, that's really bad logic, for example, if we banned you right now, for no reason, you'd say: "I got banned for no reason" meaning you don't know why you were banned.
If I actively harassed another user as my first post on the site and then turned around and asked how what I did was wrong, that shows an active lack of self-reflection. If they're willing to come again and say "hey, I see what I did wasn't right", I'd be more amicible.

Context, it matters, go figure. There was a clear reason for their ban and they refused to recognize it. If I jump onto some random other forum and flame users as my first action I'd honestly expect the same treatment, and would be glad to know they implement policy decently if they don't accept me claiming ignorance instead of apologizing.

Your example also assumes that the ban had no reason to begin with, whereas there's a rather clear reason for the ban in question here.

Hierophant explained my POV pretty well anyways.

I mass-removed the troll posts with WHAM. If other administrators want to install the script, you can talk with me about it in private, but you must be ridiculously careful when using it, as it can quickly do far more damage to the wiki than any troll.

I'm probably not in any position to provide my opinion on the topic, but if it means anything, I do think the ban should be lifted. He seems genuinely sorry for causing a disturbance, and having seen the post when it was first made I'm pretty sure he didn't make it with the intention of causing trouble.

"Admins are called dogshit. The admins here get so much hate. I think for good reaso." <insert Antvasima Meme.jpeg>

"Look I didn't mean to cause trouble. All I was trying to do was try to improve on vs battle wiki because I want people to stop hating on it. I'm not the instigator of trouble."

I'm all for second chances, but be wary. This doesn't sound very convincing to me after what he did.

I previously deleted the meme image, but it is strange that I in particular am being blamed for some of our statistics being too high outside of the wiki, as I am not even the one deciding them, and have done my best to get exaggerations adjusted when I have discovered them.

For the record, I think AKM has a point, given the two separate attack threads, one in November and one in February, and BeyonderGod just had an alternative account automatically IP blocked, so the timing is a bit suspicious, but I suppose that we can give him a final chance.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:BlockList

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back