• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm warning DiJeisama. He requested his comments removed and I'd prefer not to ban someone for bashing the Wiki unless he/she refuses to contribute in a meaningful way.

That's just a picture of a dude though...

I don't knw but being weird on other wikis is not a violation on this site.

While it's a little sketchy, you seem to be trying to go out of your way to find reasons to report people. Please don't do that. You don't get any sort of reward for a report beyond getting rid of troublemakers.

I have banned MICKEYMOUSEUSERNAME from chat for one week as they posted sexual content on chat. While I feel like this warrants more of a strict warning this is not the first time I've had to ban this user for chat misbehavior, and I honestly think the ban should be longer/translate to a site ban, however I'd like more opinions weighed in first.

https://imgur.com/a/3plLUUc

^ Comment for reference ^

Honestly a short ban should be given. Mickey has done this in the past.

Perfectly understandable ban. I know chat isn't the most innocent place here but there's still a limit.

LMAO, I get you banning me, but you're seriously trying to get me blocked from the site? Wait, is this because you're still upset over me changing those tiers on David Dunn and The Horde?

I've never gotten chat banned for posting content even remotely sexual, and the fact that Dargoo's trying to use such a general excuse as "They've been banned from chat before" speaks volumes. I am so sick of admins who abuse their power for their own personal vendettas, like Dargoo.

>I've never gotten chat banned for posting content even remotely sexual

You have been banned from chat before for misbehaviour before. This is actually your fourth time, so the fact that it might be your first for sexual content is null and void

>I am so sick of admins who abuse their power for their own personal vendettas, like Dargoo

1) Dargoo is a Discussion Moderator, not an Administrator. 2) This situation is not him abusing his power. You have misbehaved before and been banned from chat multiple times, however you seem to refuse to change your behaviour. This is why you are in line for a site ban currently, and he is perfectly in line with his responsiblities by doing this

The screencapture that Dargoo showed did not contain acceptable language for this wiki. Maybe a 2 week warning ban would be best?

Two weeks would be acceptable to hopefully change.

Okay. What do the rest of you think?

The fact that Dargoo is a discussion moderator and not an admin is irrelevant; You knew exactly what message I was trying to relay.

I literally said that I was okay with him banning me, and whether or not my being banned for sexual content is "null and void" is up for debate. Andytrenom was JUST discussing how you guys should go for a longer ban based on whether or not I have received warnings for comments of sexual nature, I don't understand how you possibly could have missed that. My "behavior" has never been sexually explicit before.

But it has been explicit. That's the point.

Mr. Bambu said:
But it has been explicit. That's the point.
Dude, explicit =/= sexually explicit. You're missing the point.

Micketmouse: "Andy thinks the ban duration should be based on whether I've gotten sexual-related warnings in the past, and I haven't" You: "Yeah but you still got warnings"

EDIT: Now, you may disagree over whether the previous warnings being sexual in nature matters, but other staff obviously think that it does, so it's something that mickey would obviously like to clear up.

I'm aware they're different. The fact that they have not been sexually explicit is not material to the fact that this is a case of repeated breaking of rules.

Anyway, let's return to the topic of whether a 2 week warning ban is acceptable.

You're still missing the point. The case made by other admins earlier was that I should be banned based on whether or not I've been banned for sexual-related comments (And I haven't). The case that y'all are making now is that my ban should be based on my having been banned before, which I explicitly stated earlier was way too general to actually ban me from the site.

And as far as personal vendettas go, Dargoo has been constantly monitoring me, waiting for a chance to ban me. Have you seriously not noticed that every time I've gotten banned by Dargoo, he's felt the need to bring it to these threads and advocate for "further action to be taken," despite how inappropriate that would be, based on the infraction itself? I'd also like to go on the record to say that one of the first actions Dargoo took, as soon as he became a chat moderator, was attempting to report me on a Rule Violation Report thread for discrepancies as minor as changing the tiers on two pages that he created.

Evidence of breaking the rules is not too general to be banned from the site. Literally ignoring all prior warnings isn't too general. Repeatedly ignoring the rules is a banworthy offense regardless of context.

Two weeks should be enough as baseline.

No. You are missing the point. The case we are making is that you have been warned many times by to being banned from chat, and you still refuse to change your behaviour. That is a site bannable offense.

Plus, no sexual content is literally Chat Rule number one

I agree with Bambu regarding the length of ban

How? I'm surely not the only user that's been banned multiple times in chat (Which I still don't see justifying my being banned from the site altogether). I also think that it should be taken into account the reasons why I've been banned in the past, all of which haven't been for the same type of behavior, as it seems you're trying to insinuate.

I'm fine with taking the two weeks. What I'm not fine with is biased admins (Or, in case that's not accurate enough for y'all, "Chat mods," etc.) misrepresenting my arguments. ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

The sexual comment in itself and your previous bans are enough for a two week block, but it is not in your favour that you are acting unrepentant about it.

GoddessOfWinterr- said:
Just take the 2 weeks. Ain't that long. Might get worse if you keep goin
The staff should not at all ban someone for longer for trying to appeal their ban. That sounds horrible. Mickey's being calm, respectful, and not spamming, it shouldn't "get worse" if he keeps going.

Agnaa, that's just... wrong. What Mickey is doing is spamming the report thread saying us "chat mods" are being biased because we are banning him for repeated abuse of the rules and an inability to change. Nobody is being biased, Mickey has literally broken the rules on multiple occasions with no sign of letting up. Both of you seem to confuse that literally nobody said he is getting banned for multiple sexual content warnings rather than rule breaks in general. Not even the original comment says that.

This is all derailing and not needed.

I have banned him for two weeks.

I agree with Agnaa though. Wikipedia has very abusive Kafkaesque witchhunt processes against reported users (that the administrators disagree with politically), and ban them for longer times if they try to politely defend themselves. We don't want that sort of culture here.

However, Bambu is correct about that our staff has not done anything wrong here.

@Crimson Azoth

I tried to warn p-bear about his username, but got an error message. I have asked the Fandom staff for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back