• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Bobobo228

Have to report this user, due to his actions in this thread.

As was more or less conclusively found later on in the thread, he was using fake scans forged in Paint.net, alongside translations of fake texts he did using Google Translate, to try and upgrade Bobobo to High 1-C.

This is not just someone "wanking" a character they like. This is someone trying to actually deceive others by lying to them, trying to upgrade a character by using false information.

In my opinion they should either be banned or at least prohibited from making Content Revision Threads.

Normally that is banworthy for like, six months at least from our past history with these events, but he did say that when the evidence was brought up against it, even he did find it suspicious. Now obviously, that's classic suspicion aversion, trying to divert attention to misdoings, but given we're not an actual legal system in the slightest, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt.

The real cal howard said:
Normally that is banworthy for like, six months at least from our past history with these events, but he did say that when the evidence was brought up against it, even he did find it suspicious. Now obviously, that's classic suspicion aversion, trying to divert attention to misdoings, but given we're not an actual legal system in the slightest, we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt.
Prohibit him from making CRTs and be done with it.

Either ban him from making CRTs or ban him outright. No other way of going about this if that accusation is correct.

It is banworthy as opposed to just banned from making CRTs, and not a short ban either. But are we certain he manipulated the scans? That's the question.

Supposedly, he "downloaded" somewhere which he doesn't remember. For all we know, it could be just an excuse

Oh, i was just answering you on the "but did he manipulate it rather than some third party?"

I agree with him being banned as well, especially since the false scans were apparently uploaded and posted by him in pages of the Bobo-bo wiki, which is a form of vandalism, as Saikou pointed out.

Well, it seems like the community has made a decision then. For how long should he be banned?

Okay. Feel free to implement that then. Just make sure to insert a proper explanation in his ban summary.

This user

Vandalized a lot of pages over on JBW. Already banned him over there. Keep your eyes open.

I will ban him then. Thanks for the heads-up.

It's foolish he tried to make Featherine_Augustus_Aurora the strongest page so he vandalized all the pages saying Featherine vandalized it. Otherwise, let's not continue this.

Thanks for the help. The troll group has harrassed me quite a bit today, which is surprising, as I was told that one of them was arrested. I thought that would at least make them reconsider.

Anyway, we should definitely not talk any more about them here.

I was told in private by a staff member who was told by the trolls after they got upset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back