• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidents is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Fandom Staff, to politely request permanent range IP blocks.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Notes:

All staff members, kindly follow and bookmark this thread.

Remember to inform members via their message walls if that you have reported them here, in case they have performed severe enough rule-violations to risk being blocked. However, this should only be used in uncertain cases, not if they have done something instantly ban worthy, or if their offenses are minor.

It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get globally banned yourself by the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com

https://imgur.com/

https://imageshack.us

Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussio, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1814925

Reporting this user as he's a constant issues. Whether it be him trolling ( attempting to downgrade tier 7 characters to building level and ignoring how scaling works ), vandalism ( He was responsible for the previous Bleach vandalism issue and he was banned for it. It actually should have been permanently since Vandalism is a very serious issue.) and his extremely passive aggressive behavior. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Message_Wall:Dr.Fix?useskin=oasis

>Dr.Fix

That name is ironic considering the situation. I take it he is vandalizing currently. That should indeed qualify for a permaban.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What vandalism issue, if you don't mind linking? I see he was banned for 3 months in January.

Look at his wall. He tends to make edits without permission and he's been warned multiple times.

Currently vandalizing? No, but he vandalized a bunch of pages beforehand which he should have been banned permanently like how he do whenever someone vandalizes pages. He ignores how things work, calling calculations "fan made numbers", makes troll threads, ignores how power scaling works, wtf. He's just a nuisance in general. Like I said before, this is a man who vandalized profiles on his own accord and should have been banned permanently. Somehow he only got 3 months.

He was banned for three months, has returned, hasn't done any vandalizing since returning. So... Why all this fuss? It's not like he's being a repeat offender or anything.

That's the issue. Vandalism is a permanent ban, he wasn't supposed to be blocked for only 3 months. Furthermore it's his attitude and stubbornness to refuse how scaling works and how the wiki works.

Replies with a condescending ":)" in every comment where he gets debunked, ignored the Cang Du argument on purpose, and refuses to accept scaling and how calcs work.

I'm pretty sure that being a tiny bit snarky in a thread or two and having unsound logic aren't bannable offenses.

I think what knight is saying is that he should have been permabanned for his past offence, and that the fact that he wasn't should be rectified now. However, even if the past ban wasn't the normal length, if he hasn't caused issues since its no real reason to make the correction this much later.

There are no scaling issues. The issue is him blatantly ignoring how the scaling works and how calculations work. It's happened more than once as well, but the main issue is that he vandalized pages before. Which should have been a normal permanent ban, but somehow he only got 3 months which seems like a mistake. And not only that but he has a past for troll behavior as seen with the Candice thread.

I may not be familiar with the candice situation but just going off of the thread, I don't see why it is considered a troll thread

Hey guys, I agree with what the others said, just keep an eye on him, and if he cant take the clue, just ban him

On a better note, the internet was saved from that one rule that would screw all the memes.

Goodbye for now, gonna do stuff irl

@the removed replies:

Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussion, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

>I suggest you simply create a thread regarding the ***** thing.

Thank you and sorry for deleting the posts, I hope you can understand it.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
That's the issue. Vandalism is a permanent ban, he wasn't supposed to be blocked for only 3 months. Furthermore it's his attitude and stubbornness to refuse how scaling works and how the wiki works.
I know it's been addressed but I just wanted to say that we shouldn't change a users ban once they've already served their ban and haven't acted up. That's like sending a man to jail for three years, having him finally get out for a year or two, and then trying to send him back into jail because "he should have been there longer". I hope this applies to all cases like this in the future.

I would like to point out that I wasn't messaged about this on my wall to know I was being accussed.

I would also like to ask for future reference if the accussed are permitted to post and defend themselves in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back