• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that we should talk about Mckmal as little as possible. Just report the sockpuppets to a staff member that can ban all of them.

Also, according to the Fandom rules, if a copycat wiki refuses to give credit for copied pages it should be shut down. I would appreciate if somebody could contact their staff about it.

Regarding Bepo, considering that he went to extremes with his vitriole against a highly valued staff member (and included several others in the rant), I think that a permanent ban seems warranted. We do not need that type of member going around spreading extreme degrees of negativity.

Ryukama said:
So not only did he just happen to join less than a day after Jonathan gets blocked again, but he happened to comment on OPM threads for his very first contributions, insulted you like Jonathan would as you said, and his username is literally "Not a Sock"
Okay
Do as you wish. I was just putting a thought out there. I never really pay any attention to any of the Jonathan stuff, so I'm not exactly 100% caught up on his behavioral patterns.

I agree with Ryu, there's a slim chance that it's not Jonathan but more evidence suggests that it's another Jonathan clone. Mainly the attitude and the fact that his first move was to comment on a OPM thread. It's likely Jonathan.

Also again, Bepo doesn't care if he's banned or not. You can keep him banned since he doesn't want to be apart of the wiki anymore.

Decided to actually think about it for for a sec. Yeah, what Ryu said makes sense. Either ban him, or at the very least keep a close eye on him.

That's a bit of an odd decision considering the amount of people opposing that idea (but i guess its more like a veto?). I've seen a lot of people already resent how some Admins "abuse" power or whatever the claim is. People already think that type of mentality that Assalt said wouldn't happen is already happening, the bit with the whole "I don't want Staff to become unchallengeable gods who Smite those who don't like them" and whatnot. I've seen a bunch talk about how it was "too late" for it or whatever, so you definitely got an audience who disagrees, at least when it's not publicly viewed.

@Arigarmy

There is a difference between politely disagreeing with staff, which is obviously perfectly fine, and actively viciously attacking them, which is definitely not. Our staff has to be able to have a good work environment, not be general doormats for any user with a grudge.

Wank isn't a bannable offence, as long as people aren't being confrontational or otherwise problematic you can't just get rid of someone for being incorrect.

I suppose that somebody should give him a warning to keep a less hostile tone.

I have informed the Fandom staff about Mckmal's copycat wiki.

An interesting situation just occurred in chat.

A user named Embodiment of Lies came into chat and claimed to be a sock. He advertised the clone Wiki that has been reported and was banned by myself for trolling/being a sock.

I was then messaged by him on community central, in which he claimed "I'm not a sock but I'm just a Liar".

He has since dropped the act and admitted to be LuckyCharmingStar, hence why he asked Ant to ban his main account.

This really just baffles me and I don't know what the correct course of action is here. Thoughts?

If that was the case he wouldn't role-play and try to act like someone else. He even says he "didn't want to be recognized".

This isn't just a normal username change via account swap.

There's a guy named 'Embodiment Of Lies' in the FC/OC Discord.

Preeetty sure he's Lucky but I can't find the exact statement.

That's his only account there so no sockpuppeting on the discord.

Have any of you even tried talking to Lucky? Because I swear the social arkwardness and refusal-to-have-decent-conversations-with people attitude people have here is getting old. We all need to grow up some time.

@Karm

Guy who was banned long ago but makes dozens of socks as a hobby to try to mess with us (simplified version). He is not the only one.

He lightly trolls all the time. I know him and yeah it took a while to warm up to his antics but he's not at all a bad person or anyone with ill will.

I don't really understand his motives or actions, but as long as he doesn't intentionally make any trouble I am fine with unbanning the new account.

This whole situation is just odd to me.

@Sera

I don't appreciate your insults here. I am fine with having conversations with anyone and I don't exactly think I'm socially awkward. You telling everyone that we need to "grow up" is honestly staggering.

You shouldn't take what I said as being directed at any individual. I wasn't referring to you. If I was, I would directly say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back