• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word "sexy" by itself is fine. However, I'm sure we can all agree one should refrain from calling actual people sexy. Fictional characters? Sure. Public figures? Knock yourself out. But actual users here? Nah..

Sera Loveheart said:
The word "sexy" by itself is fine. However, I'm sure we can all agree one should refrain from calling actual people sexy. Fictional characters? Sure. Public figures? Knock yourself out. But actual users here? Nah..
Yeah I don't think this should be a site that people flirt with each other on.

I agree about flirting, but a regular warning should probably be enough for something like that.

Antvasima said:
I agree about flirting, but a regular warning should probably be enough for something like that.
Agreed with the respect that there are users of legal age + underage simultaneously active here on this wiki.

About the N-word...? Don't you think context and/or spelling matter? I mean, I'm not trying to speak for my entire race or anything, but we use that spelling of the word less as a slur and more as an idiomatic expression to mean "my friend" or "person" or "this guy" and, in DuckTales case, assuming he's hopefully black (?), isn't insulting anyone. He is mostly saying "Dude" or addressing a person in an exclamatory way. You could replace it with "Dude," "Bro," or "Man" and the meaning would become clearer. Not exactly easy to explain if you're not African American. Are there any other Staff that understand the concept/are black and use it? I mean, it's different for every black person, some people don't like using it because of past connotation.

Or, maybe I am misspeaking and not realizing that maybe there's a hard line for all swear words? Idk. My point is, he probably wasn't using it as a slur.

Well, on the Internet we cannot see what other people look like, so it seems best to use the same standard for everybody, or we will end up with trolls using it while claiming to be dark-skinned.

^~fist bumps the other brother in the chat~^

Well, I get that, but context probably matters the most. Who is using it as an expression and using it for trolling would be evident in their behavior. Whether or not they're actually black is irrelevant, so long as its not overtly racist, disrespectful to the point of action being necessary (as apparently you guys don't police snark?), or obvious, obvious trolling, right?

I agree that the word isn't ban worthy when used in such contexts, but it can still be seen as very offensive and racist depending on who is listening, given the historical usage, so it is still best to follow Fandom's regulations regarding such issues, and tell people to stop using it here.

Also, it is very hard for us to evaluate when it is used for snark or trolling, and when it is not, so again, it is best to not overcomplicate things.

Context obviously matters and the word isn't always used nefariously. However it's best to go with the route of trying not to say it at all, which is also Fandom's regulations that we have no say over.

I gave him a warning he could be banned on one of them... Flat out ignored me and went to several walls to mock Matthew. I believe a ban is necessary, but for how long is up to you guys.

Matthew's Spirit Bomb >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AppleLord's

...Yeah. Either warn or block him for a few weeks.

There's a reason why the staff constantly has to ban topics and make certain discussion rules. People don't know how to act. Even worse when it's not just the newbies acting a fool, but nearly everyone. *sighs*

Well, he did not actually mock or insult Matthew, so a ban seems like an overreaction, but a firm warning is in order.

Yes Ant however, if I may speak here for a moment, this behavior has been strongly brought up ever since the Bleach revisions were done. Not meaning any offense, but given the verse in question its likely this kind of behavior for disagreeing with it will not leave any time soon.

Not at all saying they should be banned. As you said it would be excessive. But warnings should definitely be done and they need to be watched.

After the Bleach thread, I replied to Matthew that he could give Aizen a warning, and then block him for a few weeks if he continues.

@Khano

He performed massive edits on pages before a major agreement was reached. But the topic has since been resolved. Do not bring it up again.

Antvasima said:
After the Bleach thread, I replied to Matthew that he could give Aizen a warning, and then block him for a few weeks if he continues.
I'm sorry I need to get this off my chest.

We either need to ban Aizen permanently or not at all.

Aizen. Doesn't. Learn. I've said this before and I'll say it again, no matter how many times he's been warned, or when he lost his position in the first place, all that happens is he apologizes only to either turn around and insult people if they disagree with him in a debate, or mock admins behind their backs in the chat, etc etc etc.

Mocks people, gets warned, apologizes, repeat, nothing changes, and nothing will change.

We've permabanned people who haven't done a quarter as much BS as Aizen has done, and how many times has he ignored warnings entirely?

He won't change people, he never has, and he likely never will, anything that could be done has been done aside from banning him permanently and that has enlisted Zero effects or change.

It doesn't matter if he used to be an administrator or not, he's unhelpful, loves to mock people, and we've tried everything to stop him from doing everything I've mentioned and nothing happens, we've already been too soft not banning this dude permanently after insulting people dozens of times over and ignoring warnings dozens of times over.

I know it might not mean much from a regular user like me, but in all honesty, I 100% completely and absolutely agree with Gargoyle.

Aizen has gotten many upon many warnings about said behavior and chances to try and make up for them and change and none of that has happened at all. Especially from the recent Bleach revisions for obv reasons.

People have been blocked from here for good because of stuff not even in the same area code as what Aizen's done, so regardless if he's an ex-admin or not (actually being a former admin and still not being able to act accordingly says something honestly too) he cannot be given any more chances than he's had already.

My apologies but like said above, this is something i've thought about for some time and now that its being brought up, I needed to get this out finally.

Yeah, I was getting ready to say what amounts to the same thing as Gar, tbh.

There's a reason why 90% of the threads he shows up in turn ugly and chaotic mere moments after his arrival. I've seen people get thrown off the site for a whole lot less than what Aizen's done, and I doubt he cares enough to truly change his behavior at any point.

The term of the day is "lost cause".

People who agree with me.

Hop, Saikou, Weekly, Sir Ovens, King, Kukui, possibly Matt, and of course me.

Any disagreements?

I honestly disagree. I'm gonna give my two cents and say that this seems like nothing but spite against Aizen. As far as I'm aware he's only snarky to an extent but it's certainly nothing to perm ban him over. Right now it's honestly just people band wagging against a single reason due to petty reasons. If we're gonna be blatantly honestly then a lot of people here should be banned due to them mocking other's, being cocky and condescending, passive aggressive and overall rude. I'm obviously not going to point names or anything but it's something we all do. Let's not act like we're never rude or condescending / aggressive from time to time, and that certainly goes for me as well. But this right here seems like a total witch hunt due to personal reasons. I see this type of behavior from a lot of users but nobody bats an eye to it.

This is a wiki meant for debating, of course not all threads are going to be 100% passive and friendly, Aizen isn't the only one who's displayed this type of behavior and I actually see this behavior going around regularly that doesn't even involve Aizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back