• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stronger than Holy Weapons doesn't mean it's 100 times stronger.

Not at all, i am complaining that he used his reasoning (Without doing a content revision thread, he did it like his word is absolute law) to close MY threads, and then act rudely against me when i asked him about it

and without even telling me about it!

Isnt that disrespectful? I think that is you want to enforce a thread down by being a stomp when the content moderator already has his point of view as a rule?

I think that is pretty unfair for the users in this community. He should make a content revision thread to come clean.

You mean reasons that people posted in YOUR thread, saying that it was a massive AP stomp? Also you not knowing about the messages is ridiculous since everyone in this wiki gets notifications on any thread they follow.

Yes, I find this very oversensitive, and to waste the staff's time. It would be best if Marco drops the issue.

Well, it is an unknown factor.

It is as ridiculous to claim it is just as strong at one of them than saying its a million times stronger!

I would like him to make a content revision thread and stop harrasing the users of this community by imposing his point of view into something as varied as the tiering of a high 6-A character.

Also, i might suspect that chosing the lower end of a calc when the calc itself claims the higher end is far more likely...is a sign of intentional downplaying.

Proof: https://web.archive.org/web/2016050...ry-weapons-of-elibe-amp-ashunera-feats.26407/

Marco, we have already told you to drop this issue. I would appreciate if you do so. Thank you.

It's also just as ridiculous to say that it's a hundred times stronger. Even the high-end gets stomped anyways

It's not harassment and there's no need for a content revision when it comes to calc low-ends that are the same tier anyways. Take it up with him instead of wasting all of our time on this thread.

@WeeklyBattles

I blocked Skeleturtle for 3 months, given that it seemed to be part of a pattern.

@Joseph619

You have a good point. However, the offence is somewhat mitigated by that he does not seem to understand our conventions regarding this, so I am not sure how long a block that would be necessary.

I suggest about a week's block at the minimum. Letting this go would be set a bad example, what he did must not be repeated. Bleach content revisions thread are enough controversial as it is.

A week's block seems like too little. Perhaps a month or two? Or is that too lenient as well?

I was being extremely lenient too. A month's block also seems too lenient for this stuff, I was trying to be soft because you said he was clueless. We have banned vandals for a longer duration for much less.

I would prefer 3 months personally. Although I wouldn't mind a stricter ban. This sort of things forces the staff to lock up pages for sensible and regular members, forcing them to unlock pages for good edits.

Okay. I will block him for 3 months, but other staff members can increase the duration if they prefer.

IPs are changed routinely by service providers. It is not a concrete judgement of a sock puppet. I rather us take a light chance than be too exclusive. This is coming from an IT Security & Routing major so, please take my advice seriously.

Anyway, if the same IP address would hypothetically be used in the same wiki by similar people, that seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

I agree that jumping at innocent bystanders and harassing them is not only egregious, but a warning-worthy offence in itself.

...However, I have to point out he does have a strange username. The last part of his username is "Kuso-yarou", which, according to this site, is japanese for "[shithole". Other sites have it at "asshole", "f****** c**", but you get the idea.

Seems like a potential coincidence, but I thought I'd point out. It's probably not intentional, but youd have to ask him.

The first part of his username is "Kep". Could this mean that he has some kind of grudge against you?

If this is that guy again...

I'm not sure, but he's becoming even more annoying than Jonathan at this point.

@Kep

Hop wouldn't know about that.

@Ant

However, it would be a poor moral choice to make the conclusion that his IP being the same as a previous user (who likely is on a whole other address or provider), should never be a damning indicatiion that the user in question is a sockpuppet, without good reason. And reason such as time, name, and obviously suspsicious behavior.

MIght I also point out most providers and juristictions universally consider it a violation to view public IP addresses?

@Ant - While I did unnecessarily jump the gun at accusing him of being another user, his name did have a potential vulgar word in it (similar to last time, 2 days ago), and his name's start and his mannerisms in chat have been very identical to the person I speak of.

@Kepekley - I apologize for acting out rashly, but I am still suspicious of him.

His name could be indicative of a grudge against me. If he mentioned anything about Dragon Ball Z battleboards, it'd probably be him.

For now, I think we should leave him be.

I will ask him to change his name to something less vulgar.

Don't know how the hell I didn't notice that.

Seems like a blatant sock. This guy doesn't give up.

@Matthew - Thanks for catching that. I tried to put "Wakuso yarou" on multiple translators, but they all translated to gibberish or "Let's go home".

It seems to be the same person as 2 days ago. The account Kepwakusoyarou was made early today after the previous account was banned less than 24 hours before. This really does speak for itself. steals back my apology

"Kep" = my username

"Wa" = literally "is" in Japanese

"Kuso-yarou" = varies, but this site says it means "fu**** asshole".

Seems pretty blatant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back